Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings 06:50 - Sep 13 with 2593 viewsSWGF

From The Times

"Middlesbrough are set to sue the English Football League, alleging that it failed to enforce its financial rules over Derby County’s purchase of their own stadium.

In an unprecendented move, the Sky Bet Championship club have sent a legal letter to the EFL after Derby beat them to a play-off place last season by one point, denying Middlesbrough the chance of securing promotion to the Premier League and a potential £180 million windfall.

Derby are among a number of clubs who have been accused by rivals of exploiting a loophole in the EFL’s rules that allowed them to buy their own stadium to make themselves financially compliant."

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 07:49 - Sep 13 with 2414 viewsMetal_Hacker

Let’s hope so ....couldn’t happen to a more corrupt , rule bending owner than Mr Morris

Poll: If it were one or the other

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:00 - Sep 13 with 2388 viewsChocorange

Brave move, but may get the EFL to ensure the FFP rules are fair , clear and adhered to by all.
Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:01 - Sep 13 with 2400 viewsDubtractor

On the one hand this is probably a good thing.

On the other hand, Middlesbrough complaining about another teams spending? Rofl

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:05 - Sep 13 with 2361 viewsBluefish

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 07:49 - Sep 13 by Metal_Hacker

Let’s hope so ....couldn’t happen to a more corrupt , rule bending owner than Mr Morris

Strong rumours up here that Morris is selling to the Gillett family

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:09 - Sep 13 with 2346 viewschicoazul

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:01 - Sep 13 by Dubtractor

On the one hand this is probably a good thing.

On the other hand, Middlesbrough complaining about another teams spending? Rofl

It's like watching those 2 boys you always hated in the 5th year finally fighting each other.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:23 - Sep 13 with 2297 viewsBlueBadger

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:09 - Sep 13 by chicoazul

It's like watching those 2 boys you always hated in the 5th year finally fighting each other.

Much like when you see Norwich playing Chelsea, Leeds or QPR, this is a match up where I hope there's some kind of Bryzantine ruling which sees both of them lose.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:51 - Sep 13 with 2226 viewsitfcjoe

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:05 - Sep 13 by Bluefish

Are they going to be the best a fan can get?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 09:03 - Sep 13 with 2183 viewsWacko

I thought they'd be more interested in Sheff U

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 09:07 - Sep 13 with 2164 viewsSikamikanico

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:51 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

I am disappointed you beat me to this
Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 09:42 - Sep 13 with 2074 viewswkj

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 07:49 - Sep 13 by Metal_Hacker

This just in from North Essex:
"Balls"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 2066 viewshoppy

Tim Sherwood’s family?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 09:51 - Sep 13 with 2042 viewsMetal_Hacker

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 08:51 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

That's so bad it's funny.....made me chuckle anyway

Poll: If it were one or the other

Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 10:15 - Sep 13 with 1993 viewsRegencyBlue

I imagine it will be argued over in Court for years and then nothing will happen as usual!

The football authorities have missed the boat on this, and all the other dodgy dealings which go on these days, and couldnt do anything meaningful about it now, even if they wanted to, The Premier League, who effectively run football in this country, wont let them!
Boro suing the EFL over Derby's dealings on 10:19 - Sep 13 with 1976 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think Boro will get any money out of it, as they can't prove a loss / damages.

Though hopefully it will encourage the EFL to enforce FFP rules.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024