Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... 10:10 - Sep 14 with 854 viewsunstableblue

Different type of team turning up today, good passing and more dangerous than recent opposition.

A win and a really convincing performance and the club will be rocking ahead of MK Dons.

By convincing I mean a consistent display of passing, pressing and threat, and with players looking comfortable in their given roles. KVY is going to be a huge difference.

So much competition it is ridiculous.

I personally think Huws has to start soon - I don’t have a clue who to drop, perhaps testing Skuse in a few weeks when a weaker opposition comes to park the bus?

Also Nolan is very good at this level, very composed, effective and carries a threat.

Surely at least appearances from the bench today.

Some of the players not making the bench today may have started last season or the season before.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 10:24 - Sep 14 with 802 viewsreusersfreekicks

Indeed. We could easily have conceder 2 v a poor Shrewsbury team. Would prefer we control games more and stamp our footballing superiority on them. The answer, whilst keeping 2 up front maybe a midfiels diamond leaving the full backs to attack on the wings
Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 10:34 - Sep 14 with 775 viewsGuthrum

We're going to need Skuse and Downes in the centre today. Doncaster may not score a huge number of goals, but they are tight at the back*, so we need to prevent them from scoring if at all possible. Could well be a one-goal game.

Think Huws is going to be coming on from the bench for a few more games yet.

* On the other hand, they haven't kept a clean sheet yet.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 10:36]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 10:57 - Sep 14 with 720 viewsTerry_Nutkins

442 workin well so no massive need to change it right now but with our squad it would make sense to start using more of a take on 433 with 3 in middle. Skuse deepest with Downes/Nolan/Huws/Dozzell sharing the other two slots around. Would suit Judge as well possibly up top. So many nice options.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 10:59 - Sep 14 with 706 viewsStokieBlue

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 10:57 - Sep 14 by Terry_Nutkins

442 workin well so no massive need to change it right now but with our squad it would make sense to start using more of a take on 433 with 3 in middle. Skuse deepest with Downes/Nolan/Huws/Dozzell sharing the other two slots around. Would suit Judge as well possibly up top. So many nice options.

Are you going to drop Jackson?

If not where is he playing in 433.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 11:29 - Sep 14 with 649 viewstextbackup

i know very little about Donny, some saying they are strong at the back. with that in mind Nolan coming on around 65/70 mark if still level means we have an extra man playing in the final 3rd as he has a natural knack of wondering into those positions that skuse and downes might not do.

all in all the depth of our squad really is incredible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 11:34 - Sep 14 with 625 viewsGuthrum

Stern test... when will Huws and/or Nolan start... on 11:29 - Sep 14 by textbackup

i know very little about Donny, some saying they are strong at the back. with that in mind Nolan coming on around 65/70 mark if still level means we have an extra man playing in the final 3rd as he has a natural knack of wondering into those positions that skuse and downes might not do.

all in all the depth of our squad really is incredible

Only Fleetwood have managed to put more than one goal past them, but then they haven't yet kept a clean sheet, either.

I think the idea of keeping things stable, then putting on energetic/skilled players later in the game is one of Lambert's primary tactics. It's just masked by our habit of getting early goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024