Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things 13:22 - Sep 14 with 2119 viewsIllinoisblue

What is the point of the TWTD Acca thread? Rommy starts it off with a team, then others join in with their picks. Then what?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:27 - Sep 14 with 2088 viewsconnorscontract

Then all the addicts find fleeting purpose by betting on the crowd-sourced "accumulated wisdom".

Apparently, it matters more if there's money on it, but please gamble sensibly.
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:38 - Sep 14 with 2004 viewsSwansea_Blue

You should join in. This time next year we could be millionaires Rodney.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:45 - Sep 14 with 1979 viewsSitfcB

Then people bet on the acca...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:02 - Sep 14 with 1918 viewsTonytown

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:45 - Sep 14 by SitfcB

First 10 selections are included and you can bet on it or not.

The odds today are over 1000/1
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:02 - Sep 14 with 1920 viewsIllinoisblue

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:45 - Sep 14 by SitfcB

Cumulative winnings so far?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:04 - Sep 14 with 1912 viewsTonytown

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:02 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

But if and when it comes in etc

We have had 9 winners a few times too and some have had cash out offers which have been taken.

There have probably been about 75/80 Acca's in total I guess over the 3 years as they are only done when there is a full programme of games on.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 14:06]
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:12 - Sep 14 with 1882 viewsSitfcB

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:02 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Zero.

But as Tony said, cash out option has been taken a couple of times, think someone got £80 from a quid last season?

It’s just a bit of fun, I only usually only put 50p/£1 on.

Some people take it down to a smaller bet or two 5 folds.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:28 - Sep 14 with 1843 viewsTonytown

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:12 - Sep 14 by SitfcB

Zero.

But as Tony said, cash out option has been taken a couple of times, think someone got £80 from a quid last season?

It’s just a bit of fun, I only usually only put 50p/£1 on.

Some people take it down to a smaller bet or two 5 folds.

It will come in one day as we had 9 winners last year twice and the odds are normally at least 500/1.

As Sitters says it’s worth 50p or £1 if you like a little flutter once a week.
Login to get fewer ads

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:30 - Sep 14 with 1838 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:27 - Sep 14 by connorscontract

Then all the addicts find fleeting purpose by betting on the crowd-sourced "accumulated wisdom".

So if you bet £1 per week you're an "addict"?

Dread to think what you'd call people who drink a couple of pints every day!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:32 - Sep 14 with 1828 viewswkj

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:30 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

That actually could be described as an addict too

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:49 - Sep 14 with 1794 viewsconnorscontract

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:30 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

How many people who bet on the Acca thread only "bet £1 per week"? Across all sports and platforms? Obviously any who only do that are not addicts.

But those who bet more than once a day, across all platforms and sports, are. Whether their addiction is harming them, or others, or not, they are addicts. And then there is a spectrum in between.

Gambling isn't exclusively harmful, but it can cause great harm. I hate the way that sports which create idols for the young are then used to drip, drip the normalisation, if not the glamourisation, of persistent gambling to those same young, impressionable, minds.
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:24 - Sep 14 with 1750 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:49 - Sep 14 by connorscontract

How many people who bet on the Acca thread only "bet £1 per week"? Across all sports and platforms? Obviously any who only do that are not addicts.

But those who bet more than once a day, across all platforms and sports, are. Whether their addiction is harming them, or others, or not, they are addicts. And then there is a spectrum in between.

Gambling isn't exclusively harmful, but it can cause great harm. I hate the way that sports which create idols for the young are then used to drip, drip the normalisation, if not the glamourisation, of persistent gambling to those same young, impressionable, minds.

I just hate generalisations, sorry if that makes me a bad person.

I agree with you re the drip drip drip normalisation btw, esp re under-18s, & if given the chance would ban all gambling ads at football grounds where currently no-one (incl kids) can avoid seeing them.

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:32 - Sep 14 with 1723 viewsconnorscontract

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:24 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

I agree with you re the drip drip drip normalisation btw, esp re under-18s, & if given the chance would ban all gambling ads at football grounds where currently no-one (incl kids) can avoid seeing them.

My original post says that all the addicts can bet on the acca, not that every person who bets on the acca is an addict.

And I certainly didn't say that you are a bad person, or that people who hate generalisations are bad people.

My OP was a tongue-in-cheek snippy comment.

Re your second point: how about threads promoting gambling on a website which is not restricted to adults? Does a weekly acca thread not contribute to the drip drip drip normalisation?
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 1695 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:32 - Sep 14 by connorscontract

My original post says that all the addicts can bet on the acca, not that every person who bets on the acca is an addict.

And I certainly didn't say that you are a bad person, or that people who hate generalisations are bad people.

My OP was a tongue-in-cheek snippy comment.

Re your second point: how about threads promoting gambling on a website which is not restricted to adults? Does a weekly acca thread not contribute to the drip drip drip normalisation?

My first post was also a tongue-in-cheek snippy comment, which seems to have been taken v. seriously.

As for your second point, I have a lower age limit of 18 on my racing website which I strictly enforce. Obviously I do not own or run TWTD, which has always had a sports betting element, and if you and/or others object to that then you need to approach Phil/Gav. Perhaps they'd consider putting it in a separate, age-limited area. I personally wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if gambling weren't on this site at all, but it's clearly not my call.

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:06 - Sep 14 with 1584 viewsJ2BLUE

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 13:27 - Sep 14 by connorscontract

When I assembled a crack team of the board's best football betting minds last season (or the season before?) for a similar group effort we finished the season 30+ points up to 1 point level stakes. I guess that's not what you want to hear though...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:22 - Sep 14 with 1555 viewsDarth_Koont

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 15:24 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

People who hate generalisations are @rses.

Pronouns: He/Him

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:54 - Sep 14 with 1508 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:22 - Sep 14 by Darth_Koont

People who hate generalisations are @rses.

Thanks for your as intelligent as usual contribution to the discussion

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:59 - Sep 14 with 1490 viewswkj

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:54 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

To be fair his point was very valid and relevant, generalisations, stereotypes, and labelling are big factors behind why the world and politics is a bit sh1t right now

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 19:01 - Sep 14 with 1480 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:59 - Sep 14 by wkj

To be fair his point was very valid and relevant, generalisations, stereotypes, and labelling are big factors behind why the world and politics is a bit sh1t right now

Precisely - that was exactly my point, and I'm glad you at least got it!

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 19:02 - Sep 14 with 1474 viewsm14_blue

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 18:54 - Sep 14 by Ryorry

Did you miss the joke or is this a double bluff?
At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 1467 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 19:02 - Sep 14 by m14_blue

Did you miss the joke or is this a double bluff?

No, and no.

My riposte seems to have fallen flat, but I'm well known for being pretty rubbish at jokes. I even put smilies in as clues & people still don't realise I'm joking
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 19:10]

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 22:18 - Sep 14 with 1373 viewsDarth_Koont

Pronouns: He/Him

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 22:26 - Sep 14 with 1351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 14:49 - Sep 14 by connorscontract

That would be me and cashed out 70 pounds or so last season.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 22:44 - Sep 14 with 1334 viewsRyorry

At the risk of highlighting my ignorance of such things on 22:18 - Sep 14 by Darth_Koont

Nah, surely you know me well enough to realise that if I'd been taking you seriously, I'd have downvoted you?!

Must admit tho that the word "@rse" is a bit of a trigger for me atm in terms of both human & canine physiology, having mowed into tenant's dog's poo this afty & only narrowly avoided another ...

Will stick my hand up to the whoosh from wkj however

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024