Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 20:48 - Sep 14 with 7387 viewsCokeIsKey

Seems to lack lots of composure in one on one's. His conversion rate must be something like 0/7 this season. Hopefully not too big of a problem but I'm starting to wonder if it's something he will get better at.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Norwood on 20:59 - Sep 14 with 7328 viewsPJH

I think it is 0/8, I hope and assume that once he scores one of them it will cease to be a problem and he will score more.
He does generally miss a lot of chances which is fine if he also takes some of them or somebody else is scoring but not so good when we do not win the game.
I watched him closely in the playoff semi finals and final because it looked certain to be joining us and I counted thirteen scoring chances he had of varying degrees of difficulty in those games and he scored one goal.
Norwood on 21:18 - Sep 14 with 7247 viewsJDB23

Think the Tranmere fan who has been on here said his one on ones were pretty poor early on there but did eventually improve. He certainly needs to as those chances could be the difference at the end of the season.
Norwood on 21:26 - Sep 14 with 7213 viewsbilllm

He was free he has his faults, he scores goals get over it,
Norwood on 21:30 - Sep 14 with 7191 viewspointofblue

Who’s our attacking coach? If he can hone his one-on-one skills he’d be a complete striker.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwood on 21:35 - Sep 14 with 7174 viewsBLUEBEAT

Norwood on 21:30 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Who’s our attacking coach? If he can hone his one-on-one skills he’d be a complete striker.

Great idea! Perhaps writing a letter to the attacking coach advising of this will reap rewards for Norwood and the club as a whole.

Poll: W or W

Norwood on 21:39 - Sep 14 with 7149 viewspointofblue

Norwood on 21:35 - Sep 14 by BLUEBEAT

Great idea! Perhaps writing a letter to the attacking coach advising of this will reap rewards for Norwood and the club as a whole.

The two points were unrelated in a sense. I’m sure we are working on those skills. I just wondered who makes up our coaching team now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwood on 22:31 - Sep 14 with 7066 viewsChurchman

I remember when Daryl Murphy started with us. Prolific was not a word associated with him. In fact, in front of goal he was a bit cr&p. But then he started scoring.

I have a feeling Norwood will too. He’s playing at a higher level in a new team/club and has done well so far - we’re only 6 weeks into the season. I think he will be a big asset to us.
Norwood on 23:11 - Sep 14 with 6981 viewsVaughan8

He missed loads of chances for tranmere in lower leagues. He’s going to do it here.

If he scored them, he’d be playing in a higher league.

Where he has time to think he is a bit lacking.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 23:45 - Sep 14 with 6894 viewsActionMan

The wrestling mob are making fun of him on twitter and Ipswich. What a time to be alive...
Norwood on 01:19 - Sep 15 with 6778 viewspablovian

His game is built on great hustle plus plenty of niggle. He brings valuable physicality to the team, but League One may be his ceiling.
Norwood on 08:32 - Sep 15 with 6513 viewsBlueNomad

He’s trying too hard.
Norwood on 09:10 - Sep 15 with 6419 viewsTractorWood

Norwood on 20:59 - Sep 14 by PJH

I think it is 0/8, I hope and assume that once he scores one of them it will cease to be a problem and he will score more.
He does generally miss a lot of chances which is fine if he also takes some of them or somebody else is scoring but not so good when we do not win the game.
I watched him closely in the playoff semi finals and final because it looked certain to be joining us and I counted thirteen scoring chances he had of varying degrees of difficulty in those games and he scored one goal.

That strike rate is pretty consistent with his time here. Bolton was borderline embarrassing first half. Must have had 5 strong chances.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwood on 09:11 - Sep 15 with 6419 viewsWickets

His chance at the death yesterday, for me he did just about all he could great control smashed it towards the roof of the net, sometimes you just have to give the keeper credit .
Norwood on 09:32 - Sep 15 with 6377 viewsElephantintheRoom

This is a journeyman striker who has had one year in the fourth division and a few games in the dizzy heights of the third division. He's not doing too bad for a 'free' as someone on here says. Not everyone can be Pukki.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwood on 09:39 - Sep 15 with 6346 viewscbower

In earlier games, I would agree with you. The Bolton game in particular he missed some gilt edged one on one chances. However, yesterday's were not as clear cut. The first I thought he showed good pace to get away bout just went slightly wide and the keeper did well. The second, he took the ball down superbly and struck it well with his left foot. Again, a decent stop. Norwood is doing well. He should get 20+ for us. A bit more assistance in the goals for area from our midfield is what is missing.

bluescouser

Norwood on 09:46 - Sep 15 with 6319 viewsHerbivore

He's definitely not clinical but his movement means he gets chances. He'll be one of those that will frustrate at times but will still get 20+ goals. I'd have backed Jackson to take one of the two chances yesterday, that second one sat up nicely and he just hit it pretty much straight at the keeper. Great first touch to make the chance though. Basically, it's hard to be too critical of him but it would be great if he could take a few more of his chances, especially the one on ones where it's almost like the goalie has a magnet attached to him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 6313 viewsSomethingBlue

He had a reputation at Tranmere for exactly that. But he'll always show up, even if things haven't gone his way in a game, and it's why he'll score enough in League One.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwood on 09:50 - Sep 15 with 6304 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 09:48 - Sep 15 by SomethingBlue

He had a reputation at Tranmere for exactly that. But he'll always show up, even if things haven't gone his way in a game, and it's why he'll score enough in League One.

Yep. I feel this is his ceiling perhaps though. Not sure he can get away with missing as much as he does at a higher level. We can worry about that later though.

Norwood on 09:55 - Sep 15 with 6263 viewsDyland

Norwood on 09:50 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Yep. I feel this is his ceiling perhaps though. Not sure he can get away with missing as much as he does at a higher level. We can worry about that later though.

Good save by the keeper and Norwood really didn't do too much wrong. Running full tilt, lovely control, and no one other than strikers at the very top are going to make it look any easier by taking that extra second to slip the ball on the ground under the keeper, into the corner, whilst practically giving the defender a piggy back.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwood on 10:00 - Sep 15 with 6229 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 09:55 - Sep 15 by Dyland

Good save by the keeper and Norwood really didn't do too much wrong. Running full tilt, lovely control, and no one other than strikers at the very top are going to make it look any easier by taking that extra second to slip the ball on the ground under the keeper, into the corner, whilst practically giving the defender a piggy back.

Both were pretty routine saves for the keeper. I feel like he snatches a bit at those kinds of chances. Compare that with Jackson's finishes in the previous two home games, much more composed.

Norwood on 10:01 - Sep 15 with 6233 viewsDyland

Norwood on 10:00 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Both were pretty routine saves for the keeper. I feel like he snatches a bit at those kinds of chances. Compare that with Jackson's finishes in the previous two home games, much more composed.

Jackson's strike was lovely indeed, but Norwood's chance was much more tricky. I don't agree he snatched at it, that's harsh.

Norwood on 10:03 - Sep 15 with 6217 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 10:01 - Sep 15 by Dyland

Jackson's strike was lovely indeed, but Norwood's chance was much more tricky. I don't agree he snatched at it, that's harsh.

He's had at least half a dozen one on ones thus far this season and hasn't converted any of them. I don't think it's harsh to say he tends to snatch at those chances and almost invariably hits it straight at the keeper.

Norwood on 10:07 - Sep 15 with 6203 viewsDyland

Norwood on 10:03 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

He's had at least half a dozen one on ones thus far this season and hasn't converted any of them. I don't think it's harsh to say he tends to snatch at those chances and almost invariably hits it straight at the keeper.

Fair enough, but harsh to say he snatched at the one yesterday. Obviously when they start adding up, the analysis gets more critical.

Norwood on 10:12 - Sep 15 with 6188 viewsSomethingBlue

Norwood on 09:50 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Probably a squad striker if we get up, yes, but this season I fancy that he'll serve the required purpose.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwood on 10:33 - Sep 15 with 6147 viewsPositivelyPortman

Norwood on 21:26 - Sep 14 by billlm

He was free he has his faults, he scores goals get over it,

......and very unlucky yesterday with those two one on ones.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024