Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macedonian Gerrard 05:51 - Sep 15 with 2733 viewsCanadianBlue

Apparently played 42 games for us. Did I just blank that entire season?
Macedonian Gerrard on 09:16 - Sep 15 with 2556 viewsWickets

His surname began with as S , was it Velice Sumulikosk ?
Macedonian Gerrard on 09:46 - Sep 15 with 2475 viewsGuthrum

Macedonian Gerrard on 09:16 - Sep 15 by Wickets

His surname began with as S , was it Velice Sumulikosk ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veli%C4%8De_%C5%A0umulikoski

I think it was more because he looked a little like Gerrard than that he played to his level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Macedonian Gerrard on 13:05 - Sep 15 with 2356 viewsbournemouthblue

His first home game was misleading also, he looked dynamite with a belting finish

I don't think he was that bad a player in fairness to him but he didn't quite match the hype
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 13:07]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Macedonian Gerrard on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 2334 viewspatrickswell

They went across two seasons so probably explains why he didn’t imprint himself into our consciousness.
Macedonian Gerrard on 18:50 - Sep 15 with 2172 viewsActionMan

Macedonian Gerrard on 13:12 - Sep 15 by patrickswell

They went across two seasons so probably explains why he didn’t imprint himself into our consciousness.

Magic wasn't magic with the money was he. That was his downfall, under restraints he signed great players like David Wright, Counago, Miller, Walters, Legwinksi and with money he signed Thatcher, Stead, Norris and Shumi. Easy to see what went wrong, I mean Stead and Norris were okay but no better than the players he got shot of to bring them in like Alan Lee.
Macedonian Gerrard on 19:05 - Sep 15 with 2129 viewsbournemouthblue

Macedonian Gerrard on 18:50 - Sep 15 by ActionMan

Magic wasn't magic with the money was he. That was his downfall, under restraints he signed great players like David Wright, Counago, Miller, Walters, Legwinksi and with money he signed Thatcher, Stead, Norris and Shumi. Easy to see what went wrong, I mean Stead and Norris were okay but no better than the players he got shot of to bring them in like Alan Lee.

He essentially replaced Alan Lee with Jonathan Stead

Stead did a job but was never a targetman

Did he sign Macauley or was that Keane? By in large you have to say, the money Magic spent was spent badly

Did he sign Walters when we had a lack of money also or was that once Evans had come in?

Macedonian Gerrard on 19:38 - Sep 15 with 2056 viewssparks

Stead did a decent job. We knew we were overpaying for Norris because of the sell on.

Miller was a returning player. He brought in Alan Quinn free too.

I think you have to credit the guy who brought in Walters for £150k and spent nothing else that first season. Then brought in Mcauley for a very sensible price. His only massive overspends were probably Shumi and Norris. Shumi wasnt a fortune.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 19:39]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Macedonian Gerrard on 19:39 - Sep 15 with 2049 viewssparks

Macedonian Gerrard on 19:05 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

He essentially replaced Alan Lee with Jonathan Stead

Stead did a job but was never a targetman

Did he sign Macauley or was that Keane? By in large you have to say, the money Magic spent was spent badly

Did he sign Walters when we had a lack of money also or was that once Evans had come in?

The money wasnt spent badly.

We were as good under magic as we have been for a very long time, bar one season of effectiveness under MM.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

Macedonian Gerrard on 20:39 - Sep 15 with 1948 viewsCanadianBlue

David Norris made sense at the time though, even if overpriced because of the sellon. Had performed well for Plymouth in the Championship with a few POTY awards with them and an extra leader within the squad.

But was then slapped on the wing, instead of at CM, where he was ill-suited yet still grabbed 1 goal/10 games in a squad that had issues finding the net.
Macedonian Gerrard on 21:39 - Sep 15 with 1852 viewsbournemouthblue

Macedonian Gerrard on 19:39 - Sep 15 by sparks

The money wasnt spent badly.

We were as good under magic as we have been for a very long time, bar one season of effectiveness under MM.

Before Evans came in he did well, I think he lost the plot once Evans arrived

Magic certainly turned us around after Royle went

Macedonian Gerrard on 21:51 - Sep 15 with 1831 viewsDubtractor

Macedonian Gerrard on 19:38 - Sep 15 by sparks

Stead did a decent job. We knew we were overpaying for Norris because of the sell on.

Miller was a returning player. He brought in Alan Quinn free too.

I think you have to credit the guy who brought in Walters for £150k and spent nothing else that first season. Then brought in Mcauley for a very sensible price. His only massive overspends were probably Shumi and Norris. Shumi wasnt a fortune.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 19:39]

Pretty certain Quinn was half a million.

For most part Jim bought decent players, the problem was that he brought in 3 midfielders when we needed 1!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Macedonian Gerrard on 22:52 - Sep 15 with 1758 viewsbournemouthblue

Macedonian Gerrard on 21:51 - Sep 15 by Dubtractor

Pretty certain Quinn was half a million.

For most part Jim bought decent players, the problem was that he brought in 3 midfielders when we needed 1!

And failed to secure a left midfielder when that's all we ever appeared to require really

He stuck Billy Clarke and Gary Roberts out there but neither were ideal

Later in the season, he experimented with Walters pit there and it simply didn't work

Macedonian Gerrard on 00:06 - Sep 16 with 1679 viewsCanadianBlue

Macedonian Gerrard on 22:52 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

And failed to secure a left midfielder when that's all we ever appeared to require really

Later in the season, he experimented with Walters pit there and it simply didn't work

Wasn’t Civelli a Magic purchase? And Gio on loan?
Macedonian Gerrard on 00:06 - Sep 16 with 1679 viewssparks

Macedonian Gerrard on 22:52 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

Apart from Civelli... Whos injury was not his fault.

Macedonian Gerrard on 08:34 - Sep 16 with 1435 viewsLKW15

Kevin Lisbie at 600K wasn't great business either. Overall Jim was a bit of mixed bag when it came to signings imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024