Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... 11:36 - Sep 15 with 1267 viewsSomethingBlue

... is our abundance of very good (for this level) midfield options. Therefore I think we need as many of them on the field as possible, more often than not. Said it elsewhere but I think people get far too hung up on playing two up front; we'll do it enough times, and I suspect it'll work handsomely against most of the weaker teams, but think the key to going straight up may lie in how the midfield shapes up against the top-half sides. Would like to see us try a central midfield three with Nolan in it, somewhere, before too long as he knows how to get on the end of things and can hopefully mitigate for any concerns about goal threat.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:51 - Sep 15 with 1218 viewsSWGF

Reckon Nolan will play Tuesday either in place of Downes or alongside him & Skuse.
Could also see a change in formation to allow a few more to play in their more natural positions.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:53 - Sep 15 with 1217 viewsSomethingBlue

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:51 - Sep 15 by SWGF

Reckon Nolan will play Tuesday either in place of Downes or alongside him & Skuse.
Could also see a change in formation to allow a few more to play in their more natural positions.

Wouldn't surprise me. I just think we should try playing a three for a little while and get more of our best players on the pitch. People work themselves into a proper froth about two up top but it's not just about the strikers.

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:56 - Sep 15 with 1211 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly needed something else yesterday. Two up front was toothless because we just couldn't get the ball to them (or support players) with any regularity or quality.

IMO we haven't played all that well this season but that's a reason to be optimistic. If Lambert can find a bit better balance and organisation then I think we've got the players to look quite tasty - not just a promotion team this season but the sort of team that can hit the ground running in the Championship next year.

Pronouns: He/Him

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:11 - Sep 15 with 1171 viewsSomethingBlue

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:56 - Sep 15 by Darth_Koont

Certainly needed something else yesterday. Two up front was toothless because we just couldn't get the ball to them (or support players) with any regularity or quality.

IMO we haven't played all that well this season but that's a reason to be optimistic. If Lambert can find a bit better balance and organisation then I think we've got the players to look quite tasty - not just a promotion team this season but the sort of team that can hit the ground running in the Championship next year.

I agree. Yesterday's result actually encourages me because it confirms the idea that there are probably only a couple of teams (Peterborough and perhaps Pompey, assuming they push on) that would definitely have the firepower to put us away if we were having a shocker.

Think 4-4-2 comes across as a bit of a quick fix for us and any more sustainable success we have will come with playing three in the middle. It doesn't have to be a negative move whatsoever to shape up in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and people need to disabuse themselves of the notion.

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:13 - Sep 15 with 1161 viewsxrayspecs

Mentioned before but I would like to see us try 3-5-2 once Toto is back.

KVY and Georgiou would be wingbacks.

A midfield three of Skuse, Downes/Huws, Judge/Nolan/Dozzell

With Keane and Norwood up top, Keane to be the target man and Norwood to play off him.
What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:15 - Sep 15 with 1159 viewsdavblue

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 11:56 - Sep 15 by Darth_Koont

We haven’t played well, our intensity has won us a few games.

This team would need some surgery to hit the ground running in the championship, there’s been a massive drop off in quality in league 1. I’ve been surprised how much the dip in quality has been.
What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:17 - Sep 15 with 1148 viewsJakeITFC

433 our best shape probably, but:

- I worry about Kenlock in that shape, and it might be a bit too gung ho to put Garbutt/Georgiou at left back with not much protection
- I think he’d play Judge wide in a forward three which is a waste
- we’d have two good strikers not playing

I think that is preferable though to the alternatives - he has to get three central midfielders on more often than not, especially when everyone is fully fit. FWIW, I think he’d look to use Keane as a 10 in a 4231 if he went with that again, so doesn’t really solve many problems for us.
What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:17 - Sep 15 with 1147 viewsxrayspecs

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:15 - Sep 15 by davblue

We haven’t played well, our intensity has won us a few games.

This team would need some surgery to hit the ground running in the championship, there’s been a massive drop off in quality in league 1. I’ve been surprised how much the dip in quality has been.

Reckon we would need at least

CB (to replace Chambers)
RB (Kenlock)
CM (Skuse)
WM (Rowe/Edwards)
2 forwards (Norwood)
Login to get fewer ads

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:26 - Sep 15 with 1119 viewsWeWereZombies

Team for Tuesday

Huws
Nolan Dobra Dozzell Georgiou
Judge Skuse Downes Edwards
Bishop El Mizouni

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:30 - Sep 15 with 1096 viewsfooters

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:26 - Sep 15 by WeWereZombies

Team for Tuesday

Huws
Nolan Dobra Dozzell Georgiou
Judge Skuse Downes Edwards
Bishop El Mizouni

Like the look of that but would have Roberts in for Huws.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

3 at the back, for a laugh.....? on 12:41 - Sep 15 with 1070 viewsBloots

…………………..Holy

………...Wolf Chambo Toto

KVY...…………………………….Garbo
………….Skuse Downes

………………..Nolo

…………...Nors Jacko

…...Nolo and Judge, interchangeable, Keane an option up front.

Our "wide" players have been largely ineffective all season, so bin them all off.

KVY and Garbs have shown far more attacking intent, give them a bit of freedom.

Most teams in the 3rd division are crap, so 3 at the back should do. (only issue is no naturally left sided player, but they'll cope)

Sorted.

Promotion guaranteed.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 12:44]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

3 at the back, for a laugh.....? on 12:53 - Sep 15 with 1023 viewsHerbivore

3 at the back, for a laugh.....? on 12:41 - Sep 15 by Bloots

…………………..Holy

………...Wolf Chambo Toto

KVY...…………………………….Garbo
………….Skuse Downes

………………..Nolo

…………...Nors Jacko

…...Nolo and Judge, interchangeable, Keane an option up front.

Our "wide" players have been largely ineffective all season, so bin them all off.

KVY and Garbs have shown far more attacking intent, give them a bit of freedom.

Most teams in the 3rd division are crap, so 3 at the back should do. (only issue is no naturally left sided player, but they'll cope)

Sorted.

Promotion guaranteed.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 12:44]

That back three....

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah, solid. (n/t) on 12:58 - Sep 15 with 1010 viewsBloots

3 at the back, for a laugh.....? on 12:53 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

That back three....

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 13:01 - Sep 15 with 1003 viewsbournemouthblue

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 12:17 - Sep 15 by xrayspecs

Reckon we would need at least

CB (to replace Chambers)
RB (Kenlock)
CM (Skuse)
WM (Rowe/Edwards)
2 forwards (Norwood)

Pretty much the spine of the team and a flank then

4 or 5 players of sufficient Championship quality to be added

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Yeah, solid. (n/t) on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 967 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, solid. (n/t) on 12:58 - Sep 15 by Bloots

Maybe. Unbalanced and immobile though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What sets us apart from the other teams in this division ... on 13:42 - Sep 15 with 917 viewsBasuco

I feel we missed Danny Rowe yesterday, we needed a player wide right to stretch play and create gaps for Norwood and Jackson to run into, playing narrow made it easier for Doncaster defenders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024