Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich scouts 12:35 - Sep 15 with 3998 viewssuffolkpoker

One turned up to my lads first game of the season. He calls the manager pre game t let him know.
He picks the best player from our team and the other team and invited them for trails.

I know I live in a boarder town but still breaks my heart when I see it.
They are simply scooping the best young talent across East Anglia

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Norwich scouts on 12:55 - Sep 15 with 3808 viewsBlueastheycome

I don’t know, we must be doing something right as we’ve always done alright in regards to youth (now see Woolf)

What border town do you live in out of interest?
Norwich scouts on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 3809 viewsbournemouthblue

They have financially outmuscled us for a long time now and they have certainly invested in their infrastructure and youth

It's sad to see them outperforming us with youth development

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich scouts on 13:07 - Sep 15 with 3721 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Maybe challenge Lee O'Neill to provide an answer.

This sort of thing has been going on for some years now though. For example, I know someone who trains boys at a really good youth club, with top teams throughout the age groups. They regularly have scouts from many of the local clubs, including Nodge, Wham and Spurs, but also Southend, Colchester and Millwall. Noteworthy to him is the absence of a single scout from Ipswich, over many years.

Bit weird when you consider that Evans made it the first point in his five point plan back in December 2016 to concentrate on the academy in order to bring youth players through into the first team.
Norwich scouts on 13:14 - Sep 15 with 3684 viewsSE1blue

I can see why this appears annoying but it happens both ways and is not as dramatic as you make it sound.

We regularly watch/pluck very good players from Norfolk based teams. It’s the way football works.

And this isn’t happening because they’re now in the premiership. During our premiership seasons Norwich came and scouted my nephew who was a very promising youngster. Thankfully he chose to play in the USA instead.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Norwich scouts on 13:37 - Sep 15 with 3579 viewsBasuco

An Ipswich scout came and watched a game when a mate of mine ran a team, Town were alerted by a 3 - 3 draw against a very good team previously, scouts go to many games and with 99% of kids not making it very far in the game it is all about numbers and trying to judge if a kid can progress. My mate was dead chuffed when the scouts picked out his lad a having great potential as he had fantastic vision to pick a pass and a high awareness of space, but when they were told he had kidney failure and was awaiting a transplant they knew he would not be able to make it to any significant level.
Norwich scouts on 15:18 - Sep 15 with 3147 viewsHARRY10

Norwich scouts on 13:07 - Sep 15 by FrankfurtBlue

Maybe challenge Lee O'Neill to provide an answer.

This sort of thing has been going on for some years now though. For example, I know someone who trains boys at a really good youth club, with top teams throughout the age groups. They regularly have scouts from many of the local clubs, including Nodge, Wham and Spurs, but also Southend, Colchester and Millwall. Noteworthy to him is the absence of a single scout from Ipswich, over many years.

Bit weird when you consider that Evans made it the first point in his five point plan back in December 2016 to concentrate on the academy in order to bring youth players through into the first team.

"Bit weird when you consider that Evans made it the first point in his five point plan back in December 2016 to concentrate on the academy in order to bring youth players through into the first team. "

Even weirder that people actually believed him.
Norwich scouts on 15:31 - Sep 15 with 3080 viewsIllinoisblue

What age group?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich scouts on 15:39 - Sep 15 with 3048 viewssuffolkpoker

Norwich scouts on 15:31 - Sep 15 by Illinoisblue

What age group?

Young mate U6’s

Interestingly our club had 2 other games on at the same time on the same field, but older age groups. He didn’t leave our game or even go over to the others.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich scouts on 16:00 - Sep 15 with 2964 viewsBLUEBEAT

That’s just normal.

I live on the Cambs/Suffolk border these days and have Ipswich, Norwich, Camb U, Pboro sniffing around regularly. Southend/MKDons sometimes too. Oh, and Northampton once 😄

Poll: W or W

Norwich scouts on 16:07 - Sep 15 with 2931 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich scouts on 15:39 - Sep 15 by suffolkpoker

Young mate U6’s

Interestingly our club had 2 other games on at the same time on the same field, but older age groups. He didn’t leave our game or even go over to the others.

That seems absurdly young to be scouting. I realise clubs don’t care and are just intent on hoovering up as many prospects as they can but U6, really?!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich scouts on 17:28 - Sep 15 with 2616 viewssuffolkpoker

Norwich scouts on 16:07 - Sep 15 by Illinoisblue

That seems absurdly young to be scouting. I realise clubs don’t care and are just intent on hoovering up as many prospects as they can but U6, really?!

Where there is competitive football, scouts won’t be far away.
U6’s you can start to see the stronger lads.

Norwich scouts on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 2600 viewsTractorCam

Norwich scouts on 15:18 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

"Bit weird when you consider that Evans made it the first point in his five point plan back in December 2016 to concentrate on the academy in order to bring youth players through into the first team. "

Even weirder that people actually believed him.

Yeah, i mean it's not like there are any youth players around our first team....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Norwich scouts on 19:41 - Sep 15 with 2219 viewsHARRY10

Norwich scouts on 17:31 - Sep 15 by TractorCam

Yeah, i mean it's not like there are any youth players around our first team....

"around our first team" ?

We have dropped a league and yet how many are there ? Not the half of the squad by 2017 as talked about before. When was the last time we produced a keeper to play in the first team....nearly 15 years ago, I believe.

Optimism is one thing, blind delusion another.
Norwich scouts on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 2113 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Norwich scouts on 12:56 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

They have financially outmuscled us for a long time now and they have certainly invested in their infrastructure and youth

It's sad to see them outperforming us with youth development

WE can pinch the 1s that don’t make the grade.
Norwich scouts on 20:08 - Sep 15 with 2104 viewsTractorCam

Norwich scouts on 19:41 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

"around our first team" ?

We have dropped a league and yet how many are there ? Not the half of the squad by 2017 as talked about before. When was the last time we produced a keeper to play in the first team....nearly 15 years ago, I believe.

Optimism is one thing, blind delusion another.

Kenlock, Wolf, Ndaba, Downes, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam, El Mizouni, Lankester.

3 of those start regularly, 2 more regularly on the bench and 3 would be more involved if not injured, Ndaba more youth for now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024