Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like rain... 20:32 - Sep 15 with 1613 viewsBluesquid

"Protesters" with umbrellas for protection against the rain...or is it protection from prying cameras?

Looks like rain... on 21:21 - Sep 15 with 1541 viewsGuthrum

Given the authoritarian nature of the Chinese regime*, probably both.

* Undeniable, whether you agree with the protestors or not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like rain... on 21:37 - Sep 15 with 1522 viewsStokieBlue

Totally unacceptable but do you have any context for the video at all? From a quick Google it seems there is more to it. Either way it's unacceptable I am sure everyone will agree and they aren't helping their cause with these types of actions and should be punished if they are found.

There are also loads of videos on Twitter of the police beating people today but you've ignored those. Why haven't you posted any videos or tweets on the police brutality? Even today they used tear gas and water cannons on protesters because it was an "unauthorised gathering". That phrase alone should tell you everything you need to know.

SB
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 21:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looks like rain... on 21:50 - Sep 15 with 1490 viewsBluesquid

Looks like rain... on 21:37 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

Totally unacceptable but do you have any context for the video at all? From a quick Google it seems there is more to it. Either way it's unacceptable I am sure everyone will agree and they aren't helping their cause with these types of actions and should be punished if they are found.

There are also loads of videos on Twitter of the police beating people today but you've ignored those. Why haven't you posted any videos or tweets on the police brutality? Even today they used tear gas and water cannons on protesters because it was an "unauthorised gathering". That phrase alone should tell you everything you need to know.

SB

My question was about the use of umbrellas not about picking sides in any way.

Just thought it was strange as it didn't look like it was raining or even wet and so many of the clips i've seen you see the protesters with umbrellas.
Looks like rain... on 21:52 - Sep 15 with 1488 viewscaught-in-limbo

Looks like rain... on 21:37 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

SB

"Even today they used tear gas and water cannons on protesters because it was an "unauthorised gathering". That phrase alone should tell you everything you need to know. "

You know it's getting out of hand when it's nearly as bad as France.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Looks like rain... on 22:06 - Sep 15 with 1459 viewsStokieBlue

Looks like rain... on 21:50 - Sep 15 by Bluesquid

My question was about the use of umbrellas not about picking sides in any way.

Just thought it was strange as it didn't look like it was raining or even wet and so many of the clips i've seen you see the protesters with umbrellas.

The umbrella has been the symbol of the protesters since 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Movement

I am sure you knew that though.

SB
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 22:08]

Looks like rain... on 22:07 - Sep 15 with 1458 viewsStokieBlue

Looks like rain... on 21:52 - Sep 15 by caught-in-limbo

"Even today they used tear gas and water cannons on protesters because it was an "unauthorised gathering". That phrase alone should tell you everything you need to know. "

Whatabouterry.

You've done this multiple times now when people bring up the Hong Kong protests. Nobody has disagreed with you about France, why do you always feel the need to divert away from the protests in Hong Kong.

It's really weird.

SB

Looks like rain... on 22:08 - Sep 15 with 1452 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like rain... on 21:52 - Sep 15 by caught-in-limbo

Très bien mais l'avez vous en franglais?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like rain... on 22:19 - Sep 15 with 1423 viewsBluesquid

Looks like rain... on 22:06 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

The umbrella has been the symbol of the protesters since 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Movement

I am sure you knew that though.

SB
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 22:08]

I really didn't know that, interesting though is that one of the participants is 'Occupy Central with Love and Peace'.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like rain... on 22:26 - Sep 15 with 1412 viewscaught-in-limbo

Looks like rain... on 22:07 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

Whatabouterry.

You've done this multiple times now when people bring up the Hong Kong protests. Nobody has disagreed with you about France, why do you always feel the need to divert away from the protests in Hong Kong.

It's really weird.

SB

In the words of the great EriK Kantona:

"When a solitary seagull unloads iz poop on a distant doorstep and a flock of seagulls unload zeir poop on all ze houziz of the next village of mine - the appenings in ze next village will concern me more. Becouz ze TV iz not ze window of my world, it iz the window of the world of he who wants to own my mind."

#toxic

Looks like rain... on 22:27 - Sep 15 with 1409 viewsStokieBlue

Looks like rain... on 22:19 - Sep 15 by Bluesquid

I really didn't know that, interesting though is that one of the participants is 'Occupy Central with Love and Peace'.

Fair enough - I thought it was well known where the umbrella came from but I guess not and shouldn't have made the assumption.

Can you say why that is interesting? Aren't the dedicated to peaceful civil disobedience?

SB

Looks like rain... on 22:32 - Sep 15 with 1399 viewsBluesquid

Looks like rain... on 22:27 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

Fair enough - I thought it was well known where the umbrella came from but I guess not and shouldn't have made the assumption.

Can you say why that is interesting? Aren't the dedicated to peaceful civil disobedience?

SB

Well i don't think that particular participant would be too happy re the above clip.
Looks like rain... on 06:44 - Sep 16 with 1265 viewsBlueBadger

Looks like rain... on 22:07 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

Whatabouterry.

It's really weird.

SB

For an apparent anarchist, CiL sure spends a lot of time defending authoritarian regimes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks like rain... on 09:01 - Sep 16 with 1193 viewscaught-in-limbo

Looks like rain... on 06:44 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

For an apparent anarchist, CiL sure spends a lot of time defending authoritarian regimes.

I'm neither an anarchist nor a defender of authoritarian regimes.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024