Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Myles Kenlock 08:15 - Sep 16 with 7241 viewsitfcjoe

Lots of threads about him over weekend, and he didn't have his best game - by a long way - but interesting stat from Statman on Blue Monday podcast.....

Ever present part of a defence that has conceded 4 goals in 7 games, best defensive start to the season since the mid 80s

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Myles Kenlock on 08:17 - Sep 16 with 4105 viewsHerbivore

We're in League 1 now, the opposition don't punish our errors. I think we've kept those clean sheets despite Myles rather than because of him. He's been really poor.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Myles Kenlock on 08:18 - Sep 16 with 4104 viewshomer_123

He's the Aaron Lee Barrett of our defence then at the moment.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Myles Kenlock on 08:19 - Sep 16 with 4104 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Myles Kenlock on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 4095 viewsBLUEBEAT

Have a feeling he’ll be ‘rested’ at MK Dons, with Georgiou stepping in.

Poll: W or W

Myles Kenlock on 08:22 - Sep 16 with 4088 viewskinnockers

Nowhere near good enough. Gets an easier ride because he's an academy product. Using the overall defensive unit's stats is a specious way of somehow trying to excuse him.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Myles Kenlock on 08:25 - Sep 16 with 4068 viewshomer_123

Had a bit of a shocker at the weekend.

His passing in particular was pretty awful but.....

1. He wins an awful lot in the air
2. The defending at the very end was top drawer - he saved us a point

Myles Kenlock on 08:27 - Sep 16 with 4052 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock on 08:19 - Sep 16 by BryanPlug

His defending is also pretty poor. As is his propensity to pass it straight to the opposition or get robbed of the ball in dangerous areas.

Myles Kenlock on 08:28 - Sep 16 with 4057 viewsdavblue

is that despite him though?

Chambers covered for him untold times on Saturday, bringing him out of position too much. He switches off and people are getting in behind him and he seemingly has no awareness. Better players in this league will make it count.
Hopefully he will improve but i don't see him improving enough to be good enough for us in this league or above.
Login to get fewer ads

Myles Kenlock on 08:29 - Sep 16 with 4042 viewsdavblue

Myles Kenlock on 08:19 - Sep 16 by BryanPlug

not for me, his defensive work aside from the last minute tackle was extremely poor.
Myles Kenlock on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 4028 viewsbluesym

Not good enough as a regular,ok as a squad filler I suppose.He has been part of the first team squad for what,4 seasons now?Doesn't look at all comfortable,even at league one level.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Myles Kenlock on 08:32 - Sep 16 with 4021 viewsitfcjoe

Myles Kenlock on 08:28 - Sep 16 by davblue

is that despite him though?

Chambers covered for him untold times on Saturday, bringing him out of position too much. He switches off and people are getting in behind him and he seemingly has no awareness. Better players in this league will make it count.
Hopefully he will improve but i don't see him improving enough to be good enough for us in this league or above.

I thought defensively he was fine on Saturday, his challenge at the end was a far bigger positives than any of the little negatives combined.

His distribution was very poor though, his right foot is so bad that he is very easy to defend against - show him inside and he then just swings a boot at it and it can, and does, go anywhere.

I wonder if not having someone ahead of him is a big part of the issue, he didn't really improve when Tony G came on, but think he was done for the day by that point as just wasn't going for him.

Him and Tony formed a decent partnership v Wimbledon, be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this week with seemingly no real other option there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Myles Kenlock on 08:37 - Sep 16 with 3999 viewsSteve_M

I thought as much of the problem with our play was down to the lack of energy from Judge and Edwards, one consequence of that was to leave Kenlock more exposed and with fewer options on the ball.

I've always liked Kenlock's ability to keep going, even when he's struggling and that saving tackle at the end is evidence of that. He's definitely one of our weaker players now but he was being blamed for everything by some fans on Saturday whether it was down to him or now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Myles Kenlock on 08:40 - Sep 16 with 3976 viewsKeaneish

Shame as he did well against Shrewsbury and it looked like he's begin to develop the attacking side of his game. I was hopeful he'd be consistent and better so he'd be able to cope as a wing back in a 532 which I think might be imminent but maybe not?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Myles Kenlock on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 3969 viewsJohnWarksTash

He was covered by others most of the game....at some points he was further up than Judge and seemed unable, or unwilling, to run back into position.

I hate it when players are scapegoated (is that even a word?!) but he really is stealing a living.
Myles Kenlock on 08:42 - Sep 16 with 3953 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock on 08:40 - Sep 16 by Keaneish

Shame as he did well against Shrewsbury and it looked like he's begin to develop the attacking side of his game. I was hopeful he'd be consistent and better so he'd be able to cope as a wing back in a 532 which I think might be imminent but maybe not?

Why do you think 5-3-2 might be imminent?

Myles Kenlock on 08:43 - Sep 16 with 3957 viewsJohnWarksTash

Myles Kenlock on 08:37 - Sep 16 by Steve_M

I thought as much of the problem with our play was down to the lack of energy from Judge and Edwards, one consequence of that was to leave Kenlock more exposed and with fewer options on the ball.

I've always liked Kenlock's ability to keep going, even when he's struggling and that saving tackle at the end is evidence of that. He's definitely one of our weaker players now but he was being blamed for everything by some fans on Saturday whether it was down to him or now.

I thought Judge did OK. A couple of times he was back covering the defence which shocked me!
Myles Kenlock on 08:46 - Sep 16 with 3928 viewsblueysbackside

I like Myles because, even after a wayward pass or two, he doesn't hide. It can't be easy playing behind Alan Judge in a 4-4-2, given the way Judge is given a free pass to go where he wants. As an opposition manager, I'd just say focus our attacks down the right flank - as Doncaster appeared to do. Remarkably, I think Myles is our third longest serving player behind Skuse and Chambers. I don't think he'll be around if we did return to the Championship but he will be our left back until Nydan gets back to full fitness.
Myles Kenlock on 08:49 - Sep 16 with 3917 viewsMrTown

He did fine on Saturday. He's sometimes a bit lose with his technique, but he's more than competent enough as a defender at this level.

UEFA A coaches all around here though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Myles Kenlock on 08:50 - Sep 16 with 3909 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock on 08:49 - Sep 16 by MrTown

He did fine on Saturday. He's sometimes a bit lose with his technique, but he's more than competent enough as a defender at this level.

You seem to be the only person who thinks he was fine on Saturday.

Myles Kenlock on 08:58 - Sep 16 with 3876 viewsDubtractor

Myles Kenlock on 08:37 - Sep 16 by Steve_M

The young kid next to me was losing his sh1t at kenlock all game.

I mean really losing it, sometimes fairly but often when kenlock had done nothing wrong.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Myles Kenlock on 09:00 - Sep 16 with 3872 viewshomer_123

Myles Kenlock on 08:43 - Sep 16 by JohnWarksTash

I thought Judge did OK. A couple of times he was back covering the defence which shocked me!

Judge did OK - therein lies the problem with Judge.

He 'should' be ripping this league up - playing him wide left is wasting any chance of him really being able to perform at this level. He is industrious, as he was again Saturday, but both h and Edwards offered very little in terms of creativity.

Myles Kenlock on 09:07 - Sep 16 with 3840 viewshomer_123

Myles Kenlock on 08:49 - Sep 16 by MrTown

I would suggest that if you had watched Lamberts reaction to watching Kenlock on Saturday - your views might be different.

Myles Kenlock on 09:12 - Sep 16 with 3817 viewsStokieBlue

You are mixing up correlation and causation. I would say there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the defence is good despite him rather than because of him.

We are in a lower league, mistakes aren't punished as harshly as previously. It's also not about "having his best game" - he's been consistently poor most matches this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Myles Kenlock on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 3800 viewsflimflam

Think is unfair to judge him too much when Judge is in from of him as stitches him up by wandering off here there and everywhere.

He wasn't brilliant Saturday but again was not terrible and that last ditch recovery run at the end possibly gained us a point.

He looked better when George came on who actually stuck to the shape of the team meaning he took a player out the game to mark him down that side and allowed Kenlock some more freedom to get forward.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Myles Kenlock on 09:16 - Sep 16 with 3791 viewsSteve_M

Myles Kenlock on 08:58 - Sep 16 by Dubtractor

The young kid next to me was losing his sh1t at kenlock all game.

I mean really losing it, sometimes fairly but often when kenlock had done nothing wrong.

Some Town fans really do need a scapegoat, finding one player to blame for everything is an easy way to watch the game I suppose.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024