Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Myles Kenlock 08:15 - Sep 16 with 7191 viewsitfcjoe

Lots of threads about him over weekend, and he didn't have his best game - by a long way - but interesting stat from Statman on Blue Monday podcast.....

Ever present part of a defence that has conceded 4 goals in 7 games, best defensive start to the season since the mid 80s

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Myles Kenlock on 09:27 - Sep 16 with 3075 viewsdavblue

Myles Kenlock on 08:32 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

I thought defensively he was fine on Saturday, his challenge at the end was a far bigger positives than any of the little negatives combined.

His distribution was very poor though, his right foot is so bad that he is very easy to defend against - show him inside and he then just swings a boot at it and it can, and does, go anywhere.

I wonder if not having someone ahead of him is a big part of the issue, he didn't really improve when Tony G came on, but think he was done for the day by that point as just wasn't going for him.

Him and Tony formed a decent partnership v Wimbledon, be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this week with seemingly no real other option there

have to disagree, he wandered, vacated space, his man got in behind a lot as well and Chambo bailed him out. Better teams will expose that.

I can see the Judge comments but for me the basics of his defensive game aren't good enough currently.
Myles Kenlock on 09:35 - Sep 16 with 3053 viewsMrTown

Myles Kenlock on 08:50 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

You seem to be the only person who thinks he was fine on Saturday.

Saved a last minute counter attack, 3v1 that was in the 89th minute.

But obviously the UEFA A coaches forget these kind of things when searching for a scapegoat whilst being unbeaten and second in the league.

Smh.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Myles Kenlock on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 3044 viewsStokieBlue

Myles Kenlock on 09:35 - Sep 16 by MrTown

But obviously the UEFA A coaches forget these kind of things when searching for a scapegoat whilst being unbeaten and second in the league.

Smh.

He also allowed them to create a lot of chances by being caught out and having his man free to cross and from constant appalling distribution.

It's a game of opinions though (I don't think critics should be labelled as scapegoating) and many think he's been poor all season. You should look at the whole rather than one incident in isolation.

Do you think it's worth trying something else?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Myles Kenlock on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 3038 viewsHerbivore

Smh.

This UEFA A coaches line is very odd. I'm not a coach, I just have a functioning set of eyes. He was very poor again at the weekend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Myles Kenlock on 10:42 - Sep 16 with 3001 viewsflimflam

Myles Kenlock on 09:38 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

This UEFA A coaches line is very odd. I'm not a coach, I just have a functioning set of eyes. He was very poor again at the weekend.

For me it has to be George / Garbutt down the left and Young / Rowe down the right.

Kenlock is not awful but we have better options when fit and maybe just needs a couple of games out.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Myles Kenlock on 10:47 - Sep 16 with 2993 viewsPinewoodblue

Myles Kenlock on 10:42 - Sep 16 by flimflam

For me it has to be George / Garbutt down the left and Young / Rowe down the right.

Kenlock is not awful but we have better options when fit and maybe just needs a couple of games out.

Left back / left midfield, in a 4_4_2, is the partnership that isn't working well at the moment.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Myles Kenlock on 12:29 - Sep 16 with 2944 viewsHullblue

Myles Kenlock on 08:32 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

I thought defensively he was fine on Saturday, his challenge at the end was a far bigger positives than any of the little negatives combined.

His distribution was very poor though, his right foot is so bad that he is very easy to defend against - show him inside and he then just swings a boot at it and it can, and does, go anywhere.

I wonder if not having someone ahead of him is a big part of the issue, he didn't really improve when Tony G came on, but think he was done for the day by that point as just wasn't going for him.

Him and Tony formed a decent partnership v Wimbledon, be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this week with seemingly no real other option there

You’ve got a point about his right foot, but I don’t think the team helps him much either.

There’s rarely a simple pass for our full backs when they’re in possession - possibly because we’re only playing with two CMs at the moment and they’re knackered from all the other running they have to do.

KVY seems to bypass this problem by beating players, but we can’t expect both our full backs to be capable of that.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Myles Kenlock on 12:30 - Sep 16 with 2941 viewsbluesym

Maybe Mr.Town is envious because he is only at UEFA B level?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Login to get fewer ads

Myles Kenlock on 12:39 - Sep 16 with 2930 viewsDeano69

Smh.

Pretty sure it was his loss of possession that gifted Donny the chance in the first instance.

I am not sure how (or why) you are suggesting everyone watching him was incorrect and he is decent enough. I really don't like knocking the younger guys, but he was very poor Saturday with maybe one or two ok moments stacked against many errors.

No one has blamed him for anything other than being a weak link. No scapegoat comments that I have seen. We are second in the League with a game in hand (rightly so with the squad we have), so the days of finger pointing and blame are (at the moment) in the past, gladly.

Would suggest the reference to us all being UEFA A coaches is a bit silly. If we had a first eleven made up of the quality & capability of MK are you suggesting us unqualified fans have got this wrong and we would be Championship Top 6/Premier League/ Champions League?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Myles Kenlock on 14:16 - Sep 16 with 2882 viewsflimflam

Myles Kenlock on 12:30 - Sep 16 by bluesym

Maybe Mr.Town is envious because he is only at UEFA B level?

Pah I'm Pro

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Myles Kenlock on 15:00 - Sep 16 with 2849 viewsjudespiveyg

Myles Kenlock on 12:29 - Sep 16 by Hullblue

You’ve got a point about his right foot, but I don’t think the team helps him much either.

There’s rarely a simple pass for our full backs when they’re in possession - possibly because we’re only playing with two CMs at the moment and they’re knackered from all the other running they have to do.

KVY seems to bypass this problem by beating players, but we can’t expect both our full backs to be capable of that.

Kenlock has looked best when having Garbutt or Georgiou in front of him, Judge and Edwards have a habit of not giving their full backs an option. Garbutt when fit should start left mid in front of Kenlock. I'm not very keen on Georgiou as he's somehow even more left footed than Kenlock.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 15:02]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Myles Kenlock on 15:07 - Sep 16 with 2838 viewsSouperJim

Myles Kenlock on 12:39 - Sep 16 by Deano69

Pretty sure it was his loss of possession that gifted Donny the chance in the first instance.

I am not sure how (or why) you are suggesting everyone watching him was incorrect and he is decent enough. I really don't like knocking the younger guys, but he was very poor Saturday with maybe one or two ok moments stacked against many errors.

No one has blamed him for anything other than being a weak link. No scapegoat comments that I have seen. We are second in the League with a game in hand (rightly so with the squad we have), so the days of finger pointing and blame are (at the moment) in the past, gladly.

Would suggest the reference to us all being UEFA A coaches is a bit silly. If we had a first eleven made up of the quality & capability of MK are you suggesting us unqualified fans have got this wrong and we would be Championship Top 6/Premier League/ Champions League?

Unfortunately for Miles, many have now made their mind up, so every error is analysed and anything decent he does forgotten. He's never going to be a world beater, but has shown moments of quality. I thought he had a good game against Shrewsbury for example and was a threat coming forward, often out-muscling and going past players.

His only run in the side started last season, when we were defensively awful and he was badly exposed. His performances so far this season have been mixed for me, but again, often he has 2 or 3 men running at him with little support from the winger infront of him. Protect him better, give him a spell out of the side to recover and he might come again. What won't help is the sea of armchair critics lining up to lambaste him for every error. For example, on Saturday it got to the stage where he was getting pelters for not being able to receive an awful pass two yards off target while under pressure. No balance at all.

He never ever hides, even when he's having a tough game. There's a player in there if we look after him a bit.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Myles Kenlock on 15:13 - Sep 16 with 2829 viewsRobTheMonk

Myles Kenlock on 08:18 - Sep 16 by homer_123

He's the Aaron Lee Barrett of our defence then at the moment.

Love a good ALB reference.
Myles Kenlock on 15:14 - Sep 16 with 2828 viewsdavblue

Myles Kenlock on 15:07 - Sep 16 by SouperJim

Unfortunately for Miles, many have now made their mind up, so every error is analysed and anything decent he does forgotten. He's never going to be a world beater, but has shown moments of quality. I thought he had a good game against Shrewsbury for example and was a threat coming forward, often out-muscling and going past players.

His only run in the side started last season, when we were defensively awful and he was badly exposed. His performances so far this season have been mixed for me, but again, often he has 2 or 3 men running at him with little support from the winger infront of him. Protect him better, give him a spell out of the side to recover and he might come again. What won't help is the sea of armchair critics lining up to lambaste him for every error. For example, on Saturday it got to the stage where he was getting pelters for not being able to receive an awful pass two yards off target while under pressure. No balance at all.

He never ever hides, even when he's having a tough game. There's a player in there if we look after him a bit.

i don't rate him at all but i would never put pressure on him from the stands. I would get frustrated but not so he's aware of it.

He has my backing as he's playing for us.
Myles Kenlock on 16:42 - Sep 16 with 2758 viewsDeano69

Myles Kenlock on 15:14 - Sep 16 by davblue

i don't rate him at all but i would never put pressure on him from the stands. I would get frustrated but not so he's aware of it.

He has my backing as he's playing for us.

Likewise.

Myles Kenlock on 16:58 - Sep 16 with 2753 viewsstrikalite

Myles Kenlock on 16:42 - Sep 16 by Deano69

Likewise.

Me too...

But when you're sitting in the stand thinking the only reason I can see for PL not dragging him off right now(first half)is because A. It would destroy the lad, and B. we don't really have another natural left back..

It was pretty glaring really...and I'd have loved him to come good, but he just hasn't..
Myles Kenlock on 17:01 - Sep 16 with 2751 viewschicoazul

Myles Kenlock on 08:20 - Sep 16 by BLUEBEAT

Have a feeling he’ll be ‘rested’ at MK Dons, with Georgiou stepping in.

why would we rest a defender who is part of a defence that has conceded 1 goal in 4 games?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 17:01]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Myles Kenlock on 17:13 - Sep 16 with 2742 viewsDeano69

Myles Kenlock on 16:58 - Sep 16 by strikalite

Me too...

But when you're sitting in the stand thinking the only reason I can see for PL not dragging him off right now(first half)is because A. It would destroy the lad, and B. we don't really have another natural left back..

It was pretty glaring really...and I'd have loved him to come good, but he just hasn't..

Sadly, spot on..

I tried to praise on the odd occasion he does full off a decent pass or challenge, but not sure the rest of the fans in the area I seat are fooled by it.

Myles Kenlock on 18:09 - Sep 16 with 2721 viewsVaughan8

Myles Kenlock on 08:17 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

We're in League 1 now, the opposition don't punish our errors. I think we've kept those clean sheets despite Myles rather than because of him. He's been really poor.

I have only seen us against Shrewsbury live this season but the defence still looked very shaky (and against 10 men for over a half). Holy definitely saved a few goals there.

Seems this league the mistakes aren't getting punished as much. It's hard to think we've only let in 4 goals but that's where we are.

I liked what i saw regarding the new right back. Chambers is good for the the leader side but I just don't think he can play out from the back which we seem to want to do.

Kenlock seems to get criticised every game so he can't be doing great. Woolfenden is young so it's good for him.to learn in this league. Hopefully should get better.
Myles Kenlock on 11:44 - Sep 17 with 2598 viewshaynes_toe1

I think very poor is harsh but from what I've seen of him this season my issue is he isn't good enough going forward to get away with being not that great defensively either. And we do actually have alternative options.
Myles Kenlock on 11:53 - Sep 17 with 2589 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock on 11:44 - Sep 17 by haynes_toe1

I think very poor is harsh but from what I've seen of him this season my issue is he isn't good enough going forward to get away with being not that great defensively either. And we do actually have alternative options.

He was very poor at the weekend, I don't think there's any getting away from that. He gave possession away in dangerous areas a number of times and was then out of position to defend the attack. His passing was sloppy and he got caught out defensively quite a bit. One bit of decent defending right at the death was about the only thing he did well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024