Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambo 08:53 - Sep 16 with 4827 viewsblueysbackside

that's 41 games in charge now. Let's forget last season. He has stumbled upon a system (4-4-2) which he won't be changing while it works. Once again on Saturday I couldn't really work out what we were trying to do ... it's almost like we should be winning because we have better players. Maybe I should just be glad we are second. I don't know. Judgey...27 games in a Town shirt and the boss is still trying to crowbar him into the team no matter what. Drop him. Start with Georgiou on the left and let's see what happens.
Lambo on 12:11 - Sep 16 with 484 viewsBluefish

Lambo on 12:02 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

Would have thought our best forward if we are going 1 up front is definitely Keane.

Keane is a wanderer as well though just like Norwood, in fact even more so than Norwood.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambo on 12:35 - Sep 16 with 458 viewsHerbivore

Lambo on 11:54 - Sep 16 by SomethingBlue

No, but 4-2-3-1 might be a better setup than 4-4-2 and in that case we have to assess the players' merits slightly differently. Which doesn't make Judge an automatic starter either but clarifies the case for him a little. He can change games for us and should have had the decisive assist on Saturday.

He just looks hugely off the pace for me. If we went 4-2-3-1 I'd look to have Nolan, Rowe or Dobra in the number 10 role ahead of Judge. I'd be tempted to give Jackson a wide role so that Norwood doesn't get isolated up front as well. I actually wonder if a 4-3-3 with Jackson similarly in a wide forward role with Edwards or Rowe the other side might be the way to go. Huws or Nolan in the middle with Skuse and Downes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambo on 12:45 - Sep 16 with 446 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambo on 12:35 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

He just looks hugely off the pace for me. If we went 4-2-3-1 I'd look to have Nolan, Rowe or Dobra in the number 10 role ahead of Judge. I'd be tempted to give Jackson a wide role so that Norwood doesn't get isolated up front as well. I actually wonder if a 4-3-3 with Jackson similarly in a wide forward role with Edwards or Rowe the other side might be the way to go. Huws or Nolan in the middle with Skuse and Downes.

Personally not too fussed on Rowe, looks competent but not sure he's going to pull up trees here. Maybe I'm wrong. I do see the logic in trying Jackson out wide at some stage although between them I'm not sure he and Edwards would offer enough composure/ability to retain the ball and combine with those around them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambo on 13:10 - Sep 16 with 407 viewsbritbiker

Lambo on 09:08 - Sep 16 by homer_123

I'm certainly not making excuses for him.

If we are sticking with 4-4-2 - then I wouldn't play him.

Georgiou coming on showed in the space of 10 mins how to properly play wide left and deliver balls in the box.

A lot has been said about Miles Kenlock but he hasn't had a great deal of help in front of him. I think Garbutt returning cannot be underestimated.

The Wolf made a couple of errors on Saturday but I was pleased to see how strong and fast he was to rectify the errors. He could be immense for us for many years providing we don't cash in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024