Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln 12:24 - Sep 16 with 1741 viewsitfc_bucks

Well, that weakens and unsettles another top-end team in the league.

The stars would seem to be aligning for us at the moment...
Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:29 - Sep 16 with 1698 viewshomer_123

...didn't quite align Saturday on the pitch though. ;)
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 12:33]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:42 - Sep 16 with 1634 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not yet. They are also looking at Michael Flynn at Newport

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:44 - Sep 16 with 1626 viewsSuperblue95

Really?

Would be odd for him to move from a small League One club where he is seen as a legend to another small league one club who realistically are as good as they’re ever going to be

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:51 - Sep 16 with 1578 viewsitfc_bucks

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:44 - Sep 16 by Superblue95

Really?

Would be odd for him to move from a small League One club where he is seen as a legend to another small league one club who realistically are as good as they’re ever going to be

He's very much a legend at Lincoln too, albeit from over a smaller period. Probably viewed as their all time greatest player. I believe he's still their highest value transfer, dating back to 1997 (possibly 98, from memory).

And as for "as good as they're ever going to be", the same would've been said about Bournemouth a few years ago. Look at them now.
Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:54 - Sep 16 with 1555 viewsSuperblue95

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:51 - Sep 16 by itfc_bucks

He's very much a legend at Lincoln too, albeit from over a smaller period. Probably viewed as their all time greatest player. I believe he's still their highest value transfer, dating back to 1997 (possibly 98, from memory).

And as for "as good as they're ever going to be", the same would've been said about Bournemouth a few years ago. Look at them now.

Bournemouth were splashing the cash even in League One though. I could be wrong but I don’t think Lincoln are a club with much money?

Seems like a pointless sideways step to me. If I was him I’d stay put unless a Championship club came calling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 13:09 - Sep 16 with 1484 viewsitfcjoe

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:54 - Sep 16 by Superblue95

Bournemouth were splashing the cash even in League One though. I could be wrong but I don’t think Lincoln are a club with much money?

Seems like a pointless sideways step to me. If I was him I’d stay put unless a Championship club came calling

There was an interview with him on Totally Football LEague Show last night and clear he was very interested.

Wycombe are punching way above their weight and have absolutely no money, small fan base etc and run by the Supporters Trust, has been talk of some investment but not forthcoming.

Lincoln a big town, with growing attendances and were able to be bigger spenders - and he is a club legend there.

Think it wouldn't be a stretch to say he's taken Wycombe as far as they can go, whereas Lincoln have more potential - it's a definite upwards step.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 13:10 - Sep 16 with 1475 viewsChocorange

Wycombe look likely to fall down the league pretty soon to me.

Near the bottom last season and have 12 points from 4 home games this season... Bolton, Wimbledon, Southend and Gillingham ( the current bottom 3 are in that group) the teams they have beaten. Bolton was 2-0 , Southend they were 3-2 down to in the 89th minute.

They may well beat another struggling team in Accrington tomorrow, but then face Pompey, Rochdale away, Peterborough and us in the next 4 which will then give a truer picture of their capabilities.
Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 13:19 - Sep 16 with 1417 viewsdavblue

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 12:42 - Sep 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not yet. They are also looking at Michael Flynn at Newport

He's done a terrific job there, i was told on here when i said we should be interested that 'it's funny that just because he's had a good cup game people want him here'

His work at Newport has been fantastic.
Login to get fewer ads

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 15:50 - Sep 16 with 1134 viewsStadiumofdark

Wycome boss Ainsworth to Lincoln on 13:09 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

There was an interview with him on Totally Football LEague Show last night and clear he was very interested.

Wycombe are punching way above their weight and have absolutely no money, small fan base etc and run by the Supporters Trust, has been talk of some investment but not forthcoming.

Lincoln a big town, with growing attendances and were able to be bigger spenders - and he is a club legend there.

Think it wouldn't be a stretch to say he's taken Wycombe as far as they can go, whereas Lincoln have more potential - it's a definite upwards step.

I agree with most of that (potential of the clubs) - but Lincoln is far from a "big town"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024