Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do some Town fans think charging high away prices again is a good thing? 16:34 - Sep 16 with 598 viewsSteve_M

Town fans and the club, rightly, made much about the reciprocal price-capping arrangements for away tickets over the last two years and were critical of those clubs who refused to charge sensible prices.

And yet, the response to reasonable criticism from Doncaster fans for charging £27 in the third division is somewhere between bantz and a shrug. Yes, other clubs charge similar but those fans are coming over a bit entitled, in fact rather Leeds-like.

https://popularstand.wordpress.com/2019/09/13/twenty-isnt-plenty-in-footballs-un

Obviously the usual caveats about taking the worst comments on any social media as being representative apply but some greater awareness would be good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why do some Town fans think charging high away prices again is a good thing? on 16:43 - Sep 16 with 542 viewsKieran_Knows

Totally agree. Very odd, but nothing surprises me with some sections of our support.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why do some Town fans think charging high away prices again is a good thing? on 16:47 - Sep 16 with 530 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's just a tribal response to an 'enemy' club I suspect. 'We're worth it because it's us'. I suspect they haven't given it any other thought and probably complain about the prices of stuff in our own club shop.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why do some Town fans think charging high away prices again is a good thing? on 16:54 - Sep 16 with 506 viewsActionMan

I think taking emotion and allegiance out of it theres no way the football being played at this level by anyone (including ourselves) is worth close to £30 quid for any seat at any ground, it's harsh but true. £15-20 is a fair price for an adult ticket in the 3rd division.

That Wimbledon game so far goes down (aside from the 20 minute comeback) as easily the worst game of football played by any team 2 senior teams at Portman Road in my lifetime and i'd challenge anyone to have seen worse and if anyone paid close to £30 to watch it should rightly feel mugged off as it was absolutely atrocious. At least Doncaster played a bit of football but lets face it, both sides made comical mistakes, were sloppy and couldn't score for toffee and Doncaster should have had a couple. It's not worth the money being charged to see it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024