Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit late to the party with this 18:56 - Sep 16 with 5036 viewsFrimleyBlue

But. Watching nodge saturday. If they spend well in the future with Farke and he spends well. They could go very far this time around. I know it's great for us blues. But for them the football they play really is attractive and I can see it taking them far.

On the town front. Got to be happy with a draw. We are rebuilding and still unbeaten and 2nd with a game in hand and slowly and surely players returning who will add a bit more bite to us. I think we will finish top but I stil think it's too soon for us to then compete in the championship. We are kind of in a different stage to where nodge were under Lambert and footballs moved on and I can't see Evans opening up a warchest should we win the league. And we are back to where we were last year with a squad of league 1 players. I'm not sure what our future is. Feels weird and I know this is a random post and I don't really know what I'm saying but you might have a strange same thought process.

[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 19:27]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bit late to the party with this on 19:00 - Sep 16 with 4019 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to watch one of their games unless it was us playing them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bit late to the party with this on 19:03 - Sep 16 with 4005 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bit late to the party with this on 19:00 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to watch one of their games unless it was us playing them.

Must admit tho. Watched sat thinking city goals. Finished thinking woah that's some nice football from nodge. Some of the action was cityesque

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bit late to the party with this on 19:10 - Sep 16 with 3973 viewsbournemouthblue

Bit late to the party with this on 19:03 - Sep 16 by FrimleyBlue

Must admit tho. Watched sat thinking city goals. Finished thinking woah that's some nice football from nodge. Some of the action was cityesque

They play some good stuff which is equally depressing

Another spell in the Prem is only going to accelerate their ascent ahead of us sadly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bit late to the party with this on 21:56 - Sep 16 with 3703 viewsArnieM

.... all depends if they can hang onto their best players which I Doubt it somehow.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bit late to the party with this on 09:11 - Sep 17 with 3443 viewsMetal_Hacker

Bit late to the party with this on 19:03 - Sep 16 by FrimleyBlue

Have to agree I watched it whilst out with the family for food.....some pretty neat football

Poll: If it were one or the other

Bit late to the party with this on 09:49 - Sep 17 with 3399 viewsflimflam

I like to beat Norwich as much as anyone else but actually hope they do OK this season.

Do not understand the foaming at the mouth hatred for another football team not even in the same county??!!!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Bit late to the party with this on 11:38 - Sep 17 with 3314 viewshaynes_toe1

Bit late to the party with this on 21:56 - Sep 16 by ArnieM

.... all depends if they can hang onto their best players which I Doubt it somehow.

All their best players are young players on long contracts - so if any of them do go it'll be for ridiculous sums of money, giving them an opportunity to replace well.
Bit late to the party with this on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 3305 viewsitfcjoe

They are certainly on the up as a club and have recruited very smartly at all levels, they've made some excellent signings for their Development side in recent windows too and seem able to place players on loan well.

It's gut wrenching to watch as they move light years away from us.

Ultimately though, they will always be a small side int he PL, and one that has to focus on achieveing 40 points in the first instance which a bad run could curtail every season theya re there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Bit late to the party with this on 12:15 - Sep 17 with 3259 viewscolly

"Ultimately though, they will always be a small side int he PL, and one that has to focus on achieveing 40 points in the first instance which a bad run could curtail every season theya re there."

Yes, but surely getting to that 40 point marker is the aim of about 75% of that league any season?

As a Col.U supporter who takes an interest in both local "big boys" it is easier for me to enjoy the way that they are bucking the trend by not spending big, playing attacking stuff and are good to watch.

You tractors cannot have it both ways by hating the dominance of big money in the game and hating the Norwich way/success at the same time.

Any team but them I suppose?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 12:17]
Bit late to the party with this on 12:22 - Sep 17 with 3229 viewsitfcjoe

Bit late to the party with this on 12:15 - Sep 17 by colly

"Ultimately though, they will always be a small side int he PL, and one that has to focus on achieveing 40 points in the first instance which a bad run could curtail every season theya re there."

Yes, but surely getting to that 40 point marker is the aim of about 75% of that league any season?

As a Col.U supporter who takes an interest in both local "big boys" it is easier for me to enjoy the way that they are bucking the trend by not spending big, playing attacking stuff and are good to watch.

You tractors cannot have it both ways by hating the dominance of big money in the game and hating the Norwich way/success at the same time.

Any team but them I suppose?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 12:17]

Maybe not quite 75%, but a big chunk will do - was just looking for a positive as an ITFC supporter as to why the fact they are currently light years ahead of us can soon change - I had been more than complimentary to them in my Opening Paragraph!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bit late to the party with this on 12:29 - Sep 17 with 3190 viewscolly

Bit late to the party with this on 12:22 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

Maybe not quite 75%, but a big chunk will do - was just looking for a positive as an ITFC supporter as to why the fact they are currently light years ahead of us can soon change - I had been more than complimentary to them in my Opening Paragraph!

Yep! But perhaps most outside the top six.

If fortunes are to change rapidly it will have to be this season with your side getting promoted and the Canaries going down .... both likely scenarios.

If either does not happen then it could take some time as they pile up the reserves whilst Ipswich continue to exist on a shoe string .... like Col U.
Bit late to the party with this on 12:39 - Sep 17 with 3160 viewsconnorscontract

Bit late to the party with this on 12:29 - Sep 17 by colly

Yep! But perhaps most outside the top six.

If fortunes are to change rapidly it will have to be this season with your side getting promoted and the Canaries going down .... both likely scenarios.

If either does not happen then it could take some time as they pile up the reserves whilst Ipswich continue to exist on a shoe string .... like Col U.

If Pukki plays more than 30 games this season, I think they'll stay up.

If he picks up a bad injury then they will struggle to replace his goals. They need to win 11 or 12 games. Draws add in a few points, but it's wins, particularly against teams in and around them, which will make the difference. And wins require goals.
Bit late to the party with this on 13:02 - Sep 17 with 3074 viewsJohnWarksTash

Bit late to the party with this on 09:49 - Sep 17 by flimflam

I like to beat Norwich as much as anyone else but actually hope they do OK this season.

Do not understand the foaming at the mouth hatred for another football team not even in the same county??!!!

They are our historical rivals. Essentially the only team I despise in football. Can you imagine an Liverpool fan wishing Everton well and hoping they have a stormer? Millwall crossing their fingers that West Ham have a good season? Ridiculous. The tribalism of football is one of the things that makes it great.

Like someone said...anyone but them.
Bit late to the party with this on 13:12 - Sep 17 with 3036 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bit late to the party with this on 13:02 - Sep 17 by JohnWarksTash

They are our historical rivals. Essentially the only team I despise in football. Can you imagine an Liverpool fan wishing Everton well and hoping they have a stormer? Millwall crossing their fingers that West Ham have a good season? Ridiculous. The tribalism of football is one of the things that makes it great.

Like someone said...anyone but them.

That really is a pitiful viewpoint to despise a well run provincial club currently on the up - and doing it without financial doping or cheating the system. Norwich are showing Town up simply by doing and being what this club used to represent. I think anyone with some functioning brain cells and a sense of perspective wishes them well - even as someone said earlier their leaky defence might well see them relegated.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bit late to the party with this on 13:16 - Sep 17 with 3028 viewsBigManBlue

Bit late to the party with this on 13:12 - Sep 17 by ElephantintheRoom

That really is a pitiful viewpoint to despise a well run provincial club currently on the up - and doing it without financial doping or cheating the system. Norwich are showing Town up simply by doing and being what this club used to represent. I think anyone with some functioning brain cells and a sense of perspective wishes them well - even as someone said earlier their leaky defence might well see them relegated.

I appreciate the point, but whilst I have a lot of objective respect for what they've accomplished, I can't bring myself to actually want them to do well.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Bit late to the party with this on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 3008 viewsHarry_Palmer

Bit late to the party with this on 09:49 - Sep 17 by flimflam

If you do not understand the historical rivalry between the two clubs and 'hope they do ok this season' then I am struggling to see how you can be an ITFC fan to be honest.
Bit late to the party with this on 13:32 - Sep 17 with 2980 viewsHarry_Palmer

There is much to admire about what NCFC have achieved over the last 18 months but wish them well? No chance, I can only assume you are another poster that does not support ITFC.

Nothing wrong with that in itself of course, just be honest about it.
Bit late to the party with this on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 2962 viewsHarry_Palmer

If Norwich have shown us anything it is that you don't need a 'war chest' for success.

What you do need is a clear gameplan, excellent coaching, a productive academy and most importantly a scouting and recruitment process that is absolutely on the money 9 times out of 10.

I think we have a pretty good academy all things considered, but not sure we are quite where we need to be with the other points in all honesty.
Bit late to the party with this on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 2905 viewsJohnWarksTash

Why is it pitiful to despise our local rivals?

I'm obviously a lesser human being than you as I would jump for joy if the tinpot little Norfolk club dropped like a stone and lost everything they have worked for over the past decade. Just seeing their shirt makes me feel angry :)

I have long suspected you only post to get a response. Your Beattie blog was well written, but even that has an edge of controversy.
Bit late to the party with this on 14:16 - Sep 17 with 2877 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

You really do talk a load of bollix on 14:24 - Sep 17 with 2869 viewsDyland

"I think anyone with some functioning brain cells and a sense of perspective wishes them well."

Unless they are an ITFC fan. Obviously.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bit late to the party with this on 14:28 - Sep 17 with 2850 viewsgiant_stow

Bit late to the party with this on 14:16 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

https://ibb.co/nrgcDJJ

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bit late to the party with this on 14:31 - Sep 17 with 2840 viewsSpruceMoose

Bit late to the party with this on 14:28 - Sep 17 by giant_stow

https://ibb.co/nrgcDJJ

Well, you fooked that up didn't you?!

Bit late to the party with this on 14:36 - Sep 17 with 2826 viewsgiant_stow

Bit late to the party with this on 14:31 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Well, you fooked that up didn't you?!

sob!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Bit late to the party with this on 14:37 - Sep 17 with 2820 viewsSpruceMoose

Bit late to the party with this on 14:36 - Sep 17 by giant_stow

sob!

Here ya go ya great big plank!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024