Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not Jackson 10:55 - Sep 17 with 4267 viewswkj

I have seen a fair few people posting fantasy line ups omitting Jackson from the team, I find that a little odd as he's probably been more industrious than Norwood, while both have been good, no doubt. Is the draw vs Donny really that much of a flinch we would risk dropping one of our best players for a new system?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why not Jackson on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 875 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 12:27 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

How will having a different player ahead of him make him capable of passing to a blue shirt?

We are talking about Judge who is constantly drifting inside, if he has someone down the line for him as an option it makes his job easier. Full backs main play is putting balls down the line.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why not Jackson on 12:56 - Sep 17 with 867 viewsHerbivore

Why not Jackson on 12:53 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

We are talking about Judge who is constantly drifting inside, if he has someone down the line for him as an option it makes his job easier. Full backs main play is putting balls down the line.

You're making an awful lot of excuses for him. KVY had Judge in front of him for spells on Saturday and managed to not look like a hungover Sunday league player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why not Jackson on 13:00 - Sep 17 with 862 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 12:45 - Sep 17 by PhilTWTD

As per the previous thread, I've not thought 4-4-2 has worked particularly well all season in terms of really controlling games, aside from the Sunderland match really. But we have been scoring and winning games so I think it's been difficult to change it.

Thought it was little surprise that PL switched after the Posh game as I thought its failings were most notable in that match.

I was less convinced it was the system that was the problem against AFC Wimbledon, just seemed a general lack of belief and willingness to do anything risky in that game - aside from Dozzell's excellent pass through for Norwood - until Georgiou came on and livened things up with his direct running.

Not sure the change of system was what neceesarily changed the game but more the change of personnel with Jackson also making an impact. And also Wimbledon sitting back and allowing us to play virtually the whole half in their half of the field.

Which is why I am more keen, right now, to keep with 4-4-2 but tweak the line up.

Garbutt at LB to given Kenlocke and rest and Georgiou in at LM as he's proper winger, can deliver a good cross, will stay in position and likely support Garbutt a bit more.

This also means you have two attacking full backs in that can overlap.

Leaves the spine of the team intact and gives Norwood and Jackson a little more time to develop.

Not against playing with an AM and in all honesty Norwood would likely thrive on balls like Dozzell played but our AMs are out of sorts.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why not Jackson on 13:01 - Sep 17 with 861 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 12:56 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

You're making an awful lot of excuses for him. KVY had Judge in front of him for spells on Saturday and managed to not look like a hungover Sunday league player.

Incredibly harsh. It is so easy to say we are defending well, without Kenlock.
We look a good team, without Kenlock.

He hasn't been amazing, but the criticism is OTT.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why not Jackson on 13:14 - Sep 17 with 845 viewsBluebell

Jackson should definitely play up front with Norwood in my opinion. They like the goal scoring competition between themselves. If you drop one it becomes unfair.

The thing we must avoid tonight is hoofing up to the strikers as we did on Saturday. It was obvious in the first ten minutes that it wasn’t working but it wasn’t changed.

Unfortunately MK are a good team. I am not sure Kenlock will cope especially if Judge is in front of him!
Why not Jackson on 13:18 - Sep 17 with 837 viewsBentleyitfc

I agree, I need a pair of rose tinted spectacles that most fans wear regards to Norwood
Why not Jackson on 13:20 - Sep 17 with 836 viewsPhilTWTD

Why not Jackson on 12:52 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

That's all fair but without a change of system Jackson wouldn't have been able to come on upfront as a pairing with Norwood so I don't think the system change can be dismissed.

I do agree we aren't controlling games though. Perhaps a 4231 or 352 might work better in that regard - I'm just not sold on the 433 at the moment.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

SB

True, re Jackson's introduction, but I think by that stage Wimbledon were very much on the back foot and the momentum of the game was well with us and a second striker helped build on that and eventually won the day, which isn't to diminish his performance, which was very good.

I'm more in favour of a 4-2-3-1 system, Judge in behind Norwood or Keane once he's fit. Not sure 3-5-2 is something PL is seriously contemplating other than for games like the Leasing.com match when he was looking to shuffle his pack and get players returning from injury games.

Similarly, if we stick with 4-4-2 and remain at the top of the table not overly concerned!
Why not Jackson on 13:27 - Sep 17 with 823 viewschicoazul

Why not Jackson on 12:52 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

That's all fair but without a change of system Jackson wouldn't have been able to come on upfront as a pairing with Norwood so I don't think the system change can be dismissed.

I do agree we aren't controlling games though. Perhaps a 4231 or 352 might work better in that regard - I'm just not sold on the 433 at the moment.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

SB

It's impossible to prove any opinion is wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Why not Jackson on 13:29 - Sep 17 with 824 viewschicoazul

Why not Jackson on 13:00 - Sep 17 by homer_123

Which is why I am more keen, right now, to keep with 4-4-2 but tweak the line up.

Garbutt at LB to given Kenlocke and rest and Georgiou in at LM as he's proper winger, can deliver a good cross, will stay in position and likely support Garbutt a bit more.

This also means you have two attacking full backs in that can overlap.

Leaves the spine of the team intact and gives Norwood and Jackson a little more time to develop.

Not against playing with an AM and in all honesty Norwood would likely thrive on balls like Dozzell played but our AMs are out of sorts.

Pretty sure that, as long as you have Edwards or Judge wide left in a 4, then Lambo will stick with Kenlock who is an ever present in the tightest defence in the league.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why not Jackson on 13:37 - Sep 17 with 816 viewsStokieBlue

Why not Jackson on 13:27 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

It's impossible to prove any opinion is wrong.

It depends on the opinion and I do agree that nowadays many people seem to think because they have an opinion it can't be wrong, even if it clearly is.

For instance if my opinion was that the Earth is flat it is clearly possible to prove it wrong.

If we win every match for the rest of the season playing 433 I'll happily admit my opinion was wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why not Jackson on 13:46 - Sep 17 with 807 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 13:29 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

Pretty sure that, as long as you have Edwards or Judge wide left in a 4, then Lambo will stick with Kenlock who is an ever present in the tightest defence in the league.

Not so sure, if you'd been watching Lambert at all during Saturdays match - his body language suggests than if Garbutt is fit, Kenlocke will likely be rested. He may even play Georgiou there.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why not Jackson on 14:41 - Sep 17 with 783 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 13:18 - Sep 17 by Bentleyitfc

I agree, I need a pair of rose tinted spectacles that most fans wear regards to Norwood

5 goals in 7 games, hopefully that helps

Crybaby

Why not Jackson on 15:00 - Sep 17 with 771 viewsSpruceMoose

Why not Jackson on 13:18 - Sep 17 by Bentleyitfc

What use are a pair of rose tinted specs for a player who has played only a handful of games for us? I don't understand your point? Do you mean you just like to be needlessly pessimistic?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why not Jackson on 15:02 - Sep 17 with 763 viewsHerbivore

Why not Jackson on 15:00 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

What use are a pair of rose tinted specs for a player who has played only a handful of games for us? I don't understand your point? Do you mean you just like to be needlessly pessimistic?

Happy clapper.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why not Jackson on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 756 viewsSpruceMoose

Why not Jackson on 15:02 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

Happy clapper.

Balls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why not Jackson on 15:07 - Sep 17 with 749 viewsfooters

Why not Jackson on 15:00 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

The top scorer in England last season nonetheless. Why wood anyone be pessimistic about ,no wood?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why not Jackson on 17:27 - Sep 17 with 723 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 15:07 - Sep 17 by footers

The top scorer in England last season nonetheless. Why wood anyone be pessimistic about ,no wood?

Because no wood means £50 council fines

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024