Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not Jackson 10:55 - Sep 17 with 4264 viewswkj

I have seen a fair few people posting fantasy line ups omitting Jackson from the team, I find that a little odd as he's probably been more industrious than Norwood, while both have been good, no doubt. Is the draw vs Donny really that much of a flinch we would risk dropping one of our best players for a new system?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why not Jackson on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 2461 viewshomer_123

Norwood scored 20/30 odd goals playing the lone striker last year?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why not Jackson on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 2460 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think it is a chance to try the 433

Back 4 as Donny
Huws Nolan Skuse
Edwards Nors Georgiou

Let Jackson have a rest.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why not Jackson on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 2454 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 10:59 - Sep 17 by homer_123

Norwood scored 20/30 odd goals playing the lone striker last year?

Maybe so, but changing a system to drop a good partnership seems a bit knee jerk to me.

Crybaby

Why not Jackson on 11:01 - Sep 17 with 2444 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 11:00 - Sep 17 by wkj

Maybe so, but changing a system to drop a good partnership seems a bit knee jerk to me.

The partnership is fine....the supply to that partnership however.

Why not Jackson on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 2441 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 11:01 - Sep 17 by homer_123

The partnership is fine....the supply to that partnership however.

More scrutiny on that left wing is needed, either that or a diamond surely

Crybaby

Why not Jackson on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 2440 viewsHerbivore

Why not Jackson on 11:00 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

Back 4 as Donny
Huws Nolan Skuse
Edwards Nors Georgiou

Let Jackson have a rest.

I'd have Jackson as a wide forward in that system. He played there a lot at Accrington and we need someone else getting up to support Norwood so he doesn't get isolated.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 11:05]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why not Jackson on 11:03 - Sep 17 with 2432 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 11:02 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

I'd have Jackson as a wide forward in that system. He played there a lot at Accrington and we need someone else getting up to support Norwood so he doesn't get isolated.

I forgot about that, I think in a 433 that would have to be tried.

Crybaby

Why not Jackson on 11:03 - Sep 17 with 2434 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 11:02 - Sep 17 by wkj

More scrutiny on that left wing is needed, either that or a diamond surely

I'd stick with 4-4-2 but play Garbutt at LB and Georgiou at LM. Drop judge and player Rowe or Edwards down the right.

Leave the rest as is.

Login to get fewer ads

Why not Jackson on 11:04 - Sep 17 with 2429 viewswkj

Why not Jackson on 11:03 - Sep 17 by homer_123

I'd stick with 4-4-2 but play Garbutt at LB and Georgiou at LM. Drop judge and player Rowe or Edwards down the right.

Leave the rest as is.

As much as I appreciate Judge, I think he is a square peg. If we are doing okay come Christmas, and Judge doesn't suddenly live up to his cult status, I think we should consider offers for him and use the money to tighten up a week area, LB comes to mind.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 11:08]

Crybaby

Why not Jackson on 11:11 - Sep 17 with 2371 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 11:02 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

I think in a 433 I would rather the wingers hug the touchline. Jackson as with sears when he is fit, will be wanting to drift in and play just off Norwood, I think that works better in a 4231 as oppose to a 433.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why not Jackson on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 2332 viewsStokieBlue

Why not Jackson on 11:00 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

Back 4 as Donny
Huws Nolan Skuse
Edwards Nors Georgiou

Let Jackson have a rest.

You mean the formation that was totally awful against Wimbledon?

You've also taken away a striker and replace him with two wingers (Edwards is hardly a goalscorer). You've dropped Downes, one of our best performers all season. You've lessened the protection for Kenlock when if anything he needs a lot more or needs to be replaced.

It's a bit of a weird team and reasoning.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why not Jackson on 11:20 - Sep 17 with 2322 viewsHerbivore

Why not Jackson on 11:11 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think in a 433 I would rather the wingers hug the touchline. Jackson as with sears when he is fit, will be wanting to drift in and play just off Norwood, I think that works better in a 4231 as oppose to a 433.

But if you have wingers hugging the touchline in a 4-3-3 you have just one very isolated striker. In a 4-2-3-1 you at least have a number 10 centrally to support the main striker. If anything it's more essential for the wide forwards to support the front man in a 4-3-3 otherwise they become really cut adrift.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why not Jackson on 11:25 - Sep 17 with 2296 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 11:20 - Sep 17 by Herbivore

But if you have wingers hugging the touchline in a 4-3-3 you have just one very isolated striker. In a 4-2-3-1 you at least have a number 10 centrally to support the main striker. If anything it's more essential for the wide forwards to support the front man in a 4-3-3 otherwise they become really cut adrift.

Fair point, but I guess that it is what u do with the midfield in the 433. if you swap Huws and Judge you could essentially play with a number 10. But you make a good point.

In the long run I think a move away from wingers is best. At least until we have Sears and Lankaster back, they would fit perfectly as your wide forwards in the 4231.

Why not Jackson on 11:30 - Sep 17 with 2270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Leave the rest as is.

I agree, drop Judge.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why not Jackson on 11:33 - Sep 17 with 2259 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Leave the rest as is.

Why do people keep putting Garbutt Lb, when he got dropped by Oxford for a lot of games, because he was rubbish at left back?

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 2244 viewsStokieBlue

Why not Jackson on 11:33 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

Why do people keep putting Garbutt Lb, when he got dropped by Oxford for a lot of games, because he was rubbish at left back?

Why do people keep putting their faith in what happened at Oxford? Did you see him at Oxford?

He will be playing in a better team at town with probably less exposure to attacks. Surely best to at least try him given how poor Kenlock has been or do we let the opinions of other teams determine our selection?

Quite a few players in our history wouldn't have played if we had done that.

SB

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 2246 viewsitfcjoe

Why not Jackson on 11:19 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

You mean the formation that was totally awful against Wimbledon?

You've also taken away a striker and replace him with two wingers (Edwards is hardly a goalscorer). You've dropped Downes, one of our best performers all season. You've lessened the protection for Kenlock when if anything he needs a lot more or needs to be replaced.

It's a bit of a weird team and reasoning.

SB

We can't just never play 433 again because we were rubbish at it in one game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 2241 viewshaynes_toe1

Jackson should be in the starting eleven. His pace at the very least gives the defence something to think about and he's started well. Don't see why he couldn't be pushed further out wide if needed.
Why not Jackson on 11:40 - Sep 17 with 2227 viewsTractorCam

Norwood has played upfront on his own successfully, Jackson hasn't. And Jackson is good off the bench thanks to his pace.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why not Jackson on 11:41 - Sep 17 with 2226 viewsStokieBlue

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

That is a fair point however we were very rubbish.

Other options are available to try as others have pointed out. It does seem that some people want to change formations just to shoehorn in players who haven't done well thus far at the expense of players who have (see Judge/Jackson).

SB

Why not Jackson on 11:42 - Sep 17 with 2216 viewsStokieBlue

Why not Jackson on 11:40 - Sep 17 by TractorCam

Norwood has played upfront on his own successfully, Jackson hasn't. And Jackson is good off the bench thanks to his pace.

There is no evidence that Jackson is good off the bench. There is far more evidence that he's been more effective when he's started games (such as this season).

You can't just say someone is fast and thus will be better later in the game against allegedly tired players.

SB

Why not Jackson on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 2196 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

Why do people keep putting their faith in what happened at Oxford? Did you see him at Oxford?

He will be playing in a better team at town with probably less exposure to attacks. Surely best to at least try him given how poor Kenlock has been or do we let the opinions of other teams determine our selection?

Quite a few players in our history wouldn't have played if we had done that.

SB

Kenlock can't have been that bad considering we have only conceded 4 goals all season, why change the defence?

In answer to your other point about Edwards not being a goalscorer. Edwards who was our top scorer last season scoring 6 goals from the wing in a team that didnt score?

Why not Jackson on 11:48 - Sep 17 with 2188 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why not Jackson on 11:42 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

There is no evidence that Jackson is good off the bench. There is far more evidence that he's been more effective when he's started games (such as this season).

You can't just say someone is fast and thus will be better later in the game against allegedly tired players.

SB

Except of course when he came off the bench against Wimbledon and changed the game.

Why not Jackson on 11:48 - Sep 17 with 2184 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 11:33 - Sep 17 by TRUE_BLUE123

Had Kenlock been showing any kind of form then I'd say leave Kenlock at LB and pop Garbutt back in at LM ahead of Judge.

However, Kenlocke has been very poor and could do with a break. Garbutt is a natural alternative in that position to Kenlocke and therefore seems eminently sensible to pop him there with someone like Georgiou ahead of him.

Why can the formation to suit players like Nolan and Judge who haven't showed any kind of form and therefore don't warrant such a change.

Stay with 4-4-2 but play a natural winger in the LM role, perm one from Edwards or Rowe at RM. Balanced, with players that will stay in position and formation but with Garbutt and KVY offersa genuine threat down either flank with both being able to get beyond the LM and RM players.

Leaves the spine of the team intact with Downes and Skuse doing well in the middle and continues to allow Norwood and Jackson to develop as a partnership.

I'm not against playing Judge or Nolan in the AM role but neither have shown they really deserve to warrant such an significant change.

Why not Jackson on 11:49 - Sep 17 with 2179 viewshomer_123

Why not Jackson on 11:39 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

True but nor should we change to 433 just to accomodate a couple of players who can't really play anywhere else.

If either showed any kind of form - then fine but they haven't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024