Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good pub near Euston 15:51 - Sep 17 with 1117 viewscatch74

Into London early, and recommended pubs near Euston?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Good pub near Euston on 15:52 - Sep 17 with 874 viewsfooters

Euston Tap is actually at the station and v good for a decent beer or two. V busy, mind.

Otherwise I'd head down Charlotte St and the surrounding area- great places to drink round there.

A shame the Bree Louise closed as that was a couple of minutes from Euston, had a great selection of ales, ciders and homemade pies!

Made way for fckn Crossrail :(

"We need a man in charge of boys, they wont like it up em, but they'd rather it be coming from their gaffer than those broom wrangling wannabes in league 1."
Poll: Who is the best Judge?

Good pub near Euston on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 867 viewsWD19

Mabels Tavern?

Good pub near Euston on 15:54 - Sep 17 with 856 viewsSteve_M

If not the Euston Tap then the Exmouth Arms. No need to go any further afield.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Some Mid-Season Thoughts

i'll be in in Euston Tap from 5.30! (n/t) on 15:57 - Sep 17 with 847 viewsunstableblue

Good pub near Euston on 15:52 - Sep 17 by footers

Euston Tap is actually at the station and v good for a decent beer or two. V busy, mind.

Otherwise I'd head down Charlotte St and the surrounding area- great places to drink round there.

A shame the Bree Louise closed as that was a couple of minutes from Euston, had a great selection of ales, ciders and homemade pies!

Poll: Which academy youth product is going to have the biggest impact this season?

Good pub near Euston on 15:57 - Sep 17 with 844 viewsAndrew4445

The Bree Louise closed? Wow, that is shocking news. Been about 4 years since I left the smoke but that is sad news.

I assume the Old Mitre in Holborn and the Harp between Traffalger Square and Covent Garden are still going strong but to be honest I am a bit scared to look.
Good pub near Euston on 16:03 - Sep 17 with 826 viewsfooters

Good pub near Euston on 15:57 - Sep 17 by Andrew4445

The Bree Louise closed? Wow, that is shocking news. Been about 4 years since I left the smoke but that is sad news.

I assume the Old Mitre in Holborn and the Harp between Traffalger Square and Covent Garden are still going strong but to be honest I am a bit scared to look.

Afraid so, mate. Probably around the time you left. Was sad seeing it go as a few mates used to work there and I spent many a happy hour trying out all the different beers (and pies)!

"We need a man in charge of boys, they wont like it up em, but they'd rather it be coming from their gaffer than those broom wrangling wannabes in league 1."

Good pub near Euston on 16:13 - Sep 17 with 793 viewsFreddies_Ears

Good pub near Euston on 15:57 - Sep 17 by Andrew4445

Those two are still fine. In the Kings Cross area, I'd add the Queens Head to the list of utterly brilliant beer pubs - 4 handpumps plus some interesting keg - I recently had an Estonian Imperial Baltic Stout at 11.5%.
Good pub near Euston on 16:22 - Sep 17 with 779 viewscatch74

Thanks all for the responses. I’ll give a review of the pub and game if I’m in any fit state later.

Login to get fewer ads

Good pub near Euston on 16:51 - Sep 17 with 744 viewscatch74

Good pub near Euston on 15:54 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

If not the Euston Tap then the Exmouth Arms. No need to go any further afield.

Nice selection at the Exmouth Arms, a porter available, which I don’t really see in my neck of the woods. Hogs back TEA too, which is 5 minutes from where I just cane from. Plumped for a Canopy Pale Ale, well kept, nice pint.

Good pub near Euston on 16:57 - Sep 17 with 738 viewsSteve_M

Good pub near Euston on 16:51 - Sep 17 by catch74

Nice selection at the Exmouth Arms, a porter available, which I don’t really see in my neck of the woods. Hogs back TEA too, which is 5 minutes from where I just cane from. Plumped for a Canopy Pale Ale, well kept, nice pint.

It's as close to a hidden-away gem as one can find that close to a station.

They bring around food at times too, although quite why it was ice cream last time I was in there I'm not sure.

Good pub near Euston on 16:59 - Sep 17 with 725 viewsBrixtonBlue

For pubs in that area you can't beat The Fellow on York Way, over the road from Kings X.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good pub near Euston on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 725 viewsNW10_Tractor

There is one on Starcross Street. just off Drummond Street. Always busy though!

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Good pub near Euston on 17:14 - Sep 17 with 702 viewsDyland

Ten minute walk north is the Sheephaven Bay, near Mornington Crescent. Great proper little boozer off the beaten track.

Obvs boozers nearer the station but no good ones imo. Not a fan of Tap e.g., though it does have a decent choice of beer and if the weather's okay and you're not bothered by the crowds plenty of room outside.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

came late to this thread, ignore me! (n/t) on 17:14 - Sep 17 with 705 viewsDyland

Good pub near Euston on 15:53 - Sep 17 by WD19

Mabels Tavern?

[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:19]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Good pub near Euston on 17:42 - Sep 17 with 653 viewsSteve_M

Good pub near Euston on 16:59 - Sep 17 by BrixtonBlue

For pubs in that area you can't beat The Fellow on York Way, over the road from Kings X.

Yes, you can. Pricy gastropub, pleasant enough but it's certainly not worth walking for 10-15 minutes for.

Good pub near Euston on 17:44 - Sep 17 with 648 viewschicoazul

Good pub near Euston on 17:14 - Sep 17 by Dyland

Ten minute walk north is the Sheephaven Bay, near Mornington Crescent. Great proper little boozer off the beaten track.

Obvs boozers nearer the station but no good ones imo. Not a fan of Tap e.g., though it does have a decent choice of beer and if the weather's okay and you're not bothered by the crowds plenty of room outside.

MORNINGTON CRESCENT

I have it in commission, to comfort the feeble-minded, and to support the weak. You must needs go along with us; we will wait for you, we will lend you our help, we will deny ourselves of some things, both opinionated and practical, for your sake; we will not enter into doubtful disputations before you, we will be made all things to you, rather than you shall be left behind
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

Good pub near Euston on 17:49 - Sep 17 with 635 viewsSpruceMoose

Good pub near Euston on 17:42 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

Yes, you can. Pricy gastropub, pleasant enough but it's certainly not worth walking for 10-15 minutes for.

Is that the place with the 90 quid savaloy and mash?

Their own website makes it sound, well, a bit w@nk to be honest. It would be enough to put me off.

"Three floors of pure awesomeness, from the cool pub downstairs, to our fancy cocktail bar, The Black Door, with our secret roof terrace and very exclusively cool private room, The Weigh Inn. We are famous for everything and anything that a great pub should be; delicious fish & chips and best Sunday Roasts in Kings Cross, craft beers and experimental cocktails, chatty staff, live music to name but a few. Sounds awesome doesn’t it?!"
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:50]

Poll: Selectamod

Good pub near Euston on 17:50 - Sep 17 with 627 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good pub near Euston on 17:42 - Sep 17 by Steve_M

I love the decor. Nice rooftop bit as well when the weather's good. I'd love to know where you're going in the Kings X area that's better.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good pub near Euston on 17:52 - Sep 17 with 617 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good pub near Euston on 17:49 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Their own website makes it sound, well, a bit w@nk to be honest. It would be enough to put me off.

"Three floors of pure awesomeness, from the cool pub downstairs, to our fancy cocktail bar, The Black Door, with our secret roof terrace and very exclusively cool private room, The Weigh Inn. We are famous for everything and anything that a great pub should be; delicious fish & chips and best Sunday Roasts in Kings Cross, craft beers and experimental cocktails, chatty staff, live music to name but a few. Sounds awesome doesn’t it?!"

Why don't you actually go there before slagging it off?

And no, it isn't the 90 quid place. That's the German Gymnasium.

Good pub near Euston on 17:52 - Sep 17 with 617 viewswkj

Good pub near Euston on 17:50 - Sep 17 by BrixtonBlue

I love the decor. Nice rooftop bit as well when the weather's good. I'd love to know where you're going in the Kings X area that's better.

Wetherspoons

"EDIT: If you're a big jizzface and don't like wine, use stock and lemon juice. In fact, don't even bother, just have a ready meal and a long hard look in the mirror." - Dyland
Poll: Quickfire Round: Which is correct for tonight
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good pub near Euston on 17:55 - Sep 17 with 605 viewsSteve_M

Good pub near Euston on 17:50 - Sep 17 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah but the OP is at Euston which has better pubs than Kings Cross.

Good pub near Euston on 17:57 - Sep 17 with 602 viewsSpruceMoose

Good pub near Euston on 17:52 - Sep 17 by BrixtonBlue

Why don't you actually go there before slagging it off?

And no, it isn't the 90 quid place. That's the German Gymnasium.

There's really no need to take me not liking the sound of something you like so personally. Unless you're the owner I don't see why you'd get so worked up about me finding the way they pitch themselves being rather off putting. I've not said it is a crap pub. I've said I find the they way they describe their business to be a turn off.

I mean read it and imagine you've never been there. As a man who knows his writing would you find it appealing?

Good pub near Euston on 18:04 - Sep 17 with 587 viewsfooters

Good pub near Euston on 17:49 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

Whoever wrote that needs shooting.

Good pub near Euston on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 582 viewsSpruceMoose

Good pub near Euston on 18:04 - Sep 17 by footers

Whoever wrote that needs shooting.

That was my only point. It just reeks of trying too hard. NYC is full of places like that. Just give me a corner bar where the poser and numpty count is low. I do not need three floors of pure 'awesomeness'.

It reads like an excitable puppy and I don't want to go drinking with one of those.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 18:06]

Good pub near Euston on 18:07 - Sep 17 with 576 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good pub near Euston on 17:57 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

There's really no need to take me not liking the sound of something you like so personally. Unless you're the owner I don't see why you'd get so worked up about me finding the way they pitch themselves being rather off putting. I've not said it is a crap pub. I've said I find the they way they describe their business to be a turn off.

I mean read it and imagine you've never been there. As a man who knows his writing would you find it appealing?

I'm not taking anything personally. Just find it odd that you'd slate a place you haven't been to.

I dunno. What bits don't you like the sound of?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020