Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My band’s just released a new 7 track EP 21:22 - Sep 17 with 2633 viewsmonytowbray

I know some of you are that way inclined.

https://cheapheatbantz.bandcamp.com/album/you-will-never-kill-us-we-will-never-d

Bit more melodic and chilled compared to our first record, although my definition of “melodic” and “chilled” will mean little to most of you.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:01 - Sep 18 with 2153 viewsmonytowbray

BUMP (Really shouldn't have posted this mid-game lastnight lol)

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:20 - Sep 18 with 2137 viewsGlasgowBlue

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:01 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

BUMP (Really shouldn't have posted this mid-game lastnight lol)

Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the time, effort and talent that goes into producing your work.

A genuine question for you. You mention the words “melodic” and “chilled”. People like McCArtney can go from loud and heavy (Helter Skelter) to melodic (Yesterday). Could you see yourself writing and performing something completely left turn?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:29 - Sep 18 with 2125 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:20 - Sep 18 by GlasgowBlue

Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the time, effort and talent that goes into producing your work.

A genuine question for you. You mention the words “melodic” and “chilled”. People like McCArtney can go from loud and heavy (Helter Skelter) to melodic (Yesterday). Could you see yourself writing and performing something completely left turn?

I mean from an "alternative" perspective the band I was in previous was heavier and would fit into the Post-Hardcore genre, but Cheap Heat is more straight up Punk Rock.

I guess for me much of music has been energy and about how you play/say it rather than specifically what you are playing/saying.

I have no idea if that translates haha.

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:52 - Sep 18 with 2104 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm about half way through - it's much improved from your previous stuff I think. I'd like a bit of singing in there to break up the screaming a bit, but that's not really your taste I guess.

Sounding a bit like IDLES. The lyrics are quite amusing and original as well, which I like.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 12:47 - Sep 18 with 2043 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 11:52 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

I'm about half way through - it's much improved from your previous stuff I think. I'd like a bit of singing in there to break up the screaming a bit, but that's not really your taste I guess.

Sounding a bit like IDLES. The lyrics are quite amusing and original as well, which I like.

Cheers man, I will say that IDLES record has certainly been an influence on me whilst we wrote it. Lyrically similar in ways too.

Single Mothers (as per normal) and Drug Church were also big influencers on this for me. Particularly the second SM record "Our Pleasure" which went in a similar direction compared to their first record "Negative Qualities". We did decide we wanted to shy away from the heavier elements a bit with the new drummer/bassist but it also felt like a natural progression for us too.

The other side of it is when we started writing it I wasn't as angry about stuff as I was when we wrote the first record. I thought I was quite content as a person, then half way through writing it my life fell apart and I was very depressed in a dark place. I'd hope it captures that.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 12:50]

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:12 - Sep 18 with 2013 viewsEwan_Oozami

Good stuff!

Took me right back that did - definitely a NWOBHM/80s Hardcore/Garage vibe for me - I assume you're a big fan of Crass, Rancid and the DKs, etc?

Be interested to hear where you get to play live? Punk festivals I presume? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:19 - Sep 18 with 2008 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:12 - Sep 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Good stuff!

Took me right back that did - definitely a NWOBHM/80s Hardcore/Garage vibe for me - I assume you're a big fan of Crass, Rancid and the DKs, etc?

Be interested to hear where you get to play live? Punk festivals I presume? :-)

Spot on on the 80s influence! Huge DKs fan here.

We mainly play around EA, Ipswich wise it's Smokehouse, Steamboat. Bury Hunter Club, also our guitarist does DIY Shows in his living room up in Grove Park every few months which are well fun.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Miffdiditphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=7063

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:25 - Sep 18 with 1999 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Any reason you've decided to plagiarise the most famous band logo in punk?
Login to get fewer ads

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:28 - Sep 18 with 1992 viewsEwan_Oozami

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:19 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

Spot on on the 80s influence! Huge DKs fan here.

We mainly play around EA, Ipswich wise it's Smokehouse, Steamboat. Bury Hunter Club, also our guitarist does DIY Shows in his living room up in Grove Park every few months which are well fun.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Miffdiditphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=7063

Excellent!

I shall keep an eye out in that case!

I was in a punk band for a couple of years in the 80s (loads of gigs around West London, a few cassettes made, etc) I didn't smoke, didn't drink much (still playing football then), didn't have any tattoos, had a head full of prog rock hair, I was introduced as Mr Normal The Bass Player!

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:29 - Sep 18 with 1987 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:25 - Sep 18 by NotMarcusEvans

Who's logo would that be?

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 1982 viewsNotMarcusEvans

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:29 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

Who's logo would that be?

Oh so you don't rip-off Black Flag anymore. Fair play, I suppose.
My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:31 - Sep 18 with 1978 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:30 - Sep 18 by NotMarcusEvans

It was a parody, quite obviously.

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1971 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:28 - Sep 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Excellent!

I shall keep an eye out in that case!

I was in a punk band for a couple of years in the 80s (loads of gigs around West London, a few cassettes made, etc) I didn't smoke, didn't drink much (still playing football then), didn't have any tattoos, had a head full of prog rock hair, I was introduced as Mr Normal The Bass Player!

HAHAHA amazing, what was the band called?

Ipswich has a really healthy little DIY Punk scene still. Casual Nausea lot do loads for the area.

If you wanna keep an eye out I suggest liking these pages...

https://www.facebook.com/uncomfortablebeachparty/
https://www.facebook.com/Playdude-Mansion-Gig-Parties-2258382667521873/

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:35 - Sep 18 with 1961 viewsGlasgowBlue

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:30 - Sep 18 by NotMarcusEvans

Can't people just be happy that one of our own is having a go at making his mark in life?

Iron Lion Zion

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:58 - Sep 18 with 1946 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:35 - Sep 18 by GlasgowBlue

Can't people just be happy that one of our own is having a go at making his mark in life?

To be fair, whether malicious or not from the poster, we did totally rip off the Black Flag logo for a tee design as a parody.

This is no mark, just a fun hobby. My days of making music to do music as full time as I can are long gone. Sell out sits in an office all day now.

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 14:13 - Sep 18 with 1925 viewsEwan_Oozami

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:58 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

To be fair, whether malicious or not from the poster, we did totally rip off the Black Flag logo for a tee design as a parody.

This is no mark, just a fun hobby. My days of making music to do music as full time as I can are long gone. Sell out sits in an office all day now.

That 2nd para is a lyric right there!

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 14:23 - Sep 18 with 1906 viewsEwan_Oozami

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:33 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

HAHAHA amazing, what was the band called?

Ipswich has a really healthy little DIY Punk scene still. Casual Nausea lot do loads for the area.

If you wanna keep an eye out I suggest liking these pages...

https://www.facebook.com/uncomfortablebeachparty/
https://www.facebook.com/Playdude-Mansion-Gig-Parties-2258382667521873/

Excellent thanks!

We were called Karmaggedon - turns out there's a Swiss Death Metal band with that name around nowadays - they don't sound that much different from what we did! Lol

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 15:06 - Sep 18 with 1873 viewsHalf_Idiot

I think it would be impossible to try and compose a list of all the bands/labels/brands that have parodied the Bars. Although I bet Greg Ginn would love to compile that list for whenever he runs out of money.

My favourite tee is a Joy Division/Black Flag parody

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 1806 viewsBLUEBEAT

Pedant comment.

7 tracks is too many to qualify as an EP.

End of pedant comment.

Poll: W or W

"the most famous band logo in punk" on 17:04 - Sep 18 with 1806 viewsDyland

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 13:25 - Sep 18 by NotMarcusEvans

lollers

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 1800 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:02 - Sep 18 by BLUEBEAT

Pedant comment.

7 tracks is too many to qualify as an EP.

End of pedant comment.

It’s 19 minutes though.

TWTD never forgets…

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:12 - Sep 18 with 1795 viewsGlasgowBlue

But long after you are dead and gone those recordings will be available. Also gives your daughter something to play her kids and grandkids and say “that’s my dad”.

Iron Lion Zion

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 1774 viewstampa_bay

I wasn't expecting to like it, but I did. Feel free to use my rather wordy review on the album sleeve.
My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:43 - Sep 18 with 1760 viewsBLUEBEAT

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:09 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

It’s 19 minutes though.

Yeah but EP is maximum of 6 tracks, rather than total time.

Poll: W or W

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 09:17 - Sep 19 with 1616 viewsmonytowbray

My band’s just released a new 7 track EP on 17:43 - Sep 18 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah but EP is maximum of 6 tracks, rather than total time.

I dunno how it all works. I'm calling it an EP because it's Punk to go against your norms and blow your mind.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024