Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lol this league is so great 21:48 - Sep 17 with 4719 viewschicoazul

We are playing quite poorly with random formations of players just sort of thrown together and keep winning. I love Division 3! We should have tried this years ago!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

lol this league is so great on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 4380 viewshomer_123

We did MANY MANY years ago!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

lol this league is so great on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 4379 viewsbackwaywhen

At some point we will click surely ....
lol this league is so great on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 4354 viewsHipsterectomy

this must be why clubs like barnsley and rotherham are yo-yo teams for league 1...you go down and you're kings

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

lol this league is so great on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 4342 viewsRIPbobby

I have to admit that my assessment of the match reports concur with your assessment. As of yet we haven't played well at all. I read that we have good 10-15 minute spells now and again, but generally poor. Imagine what will happen if we found a system.
lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 4315 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure the random formations is entirely fair. We have shown far more consistency of both personnel and formation than Keane ever did.

I hate to think how we would have approached this league if we had done so under MM. I liked what MM did but I am not sure he would have gone for it in the way we seem to be. Maybe he would have, none of us know for sure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 4312 viewsKieran_Knows

If we don’t win this league by at least 10 points, then this season will be a failure.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

lol this league is so great on 21:54 - Sep 17 with 4195 viewsSwansea_Blue

lol this league is so great on 21:50 - Sep 17 by RIPbobby

I have to admit that my assessment of the match reports concur with your assessment. As of yet we haven't played well at all. I read that we have good 10-15 minute spells now and again, but generally poor. Imagine what will happen if we found a system.

Lambert doesn’t believe in system apparently, said so himself. Or rather said that players win games, not systems.

Which is a bit of a shame really because yes, imagine what some of these players could do in a clear, settled system.

Can’t argue with the points though. Massively important to bounce back after Donny.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

lol this league is so great on 21:55 - Sep 17 with 4195 viewshaynes_toe1

I said that looking at our squad, Lambert would have to monumentally mess things up for us not to get promoted.

And whilst hes given it a good go at times, in reality our squad is just too good for a league where 15 odd teams are absolute trash
Login to get fewer ads

lol this league is so great on 22:25 - Sep 17 with 3931 viewsReuser_is_God

lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 by Kieran_Knows

If we don’t win this league by at least 10 points, then this season will be a failure.

#LambertOut when we only win it by 9 then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

lol this league is so great on 07:26 - Sep 18 with 3724 viewsKieran_Knows

lol this league is so great on 22:25 - Sep 17 by Reuser_is_God

#LambertOut when we only win it by 9 then.

Quite right too....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

lol this league is so great on 07:35 - Sep 18 with 3688 viewsBLUEBEAT

A large amount of points. A large amount of goals.

Poll: W or W

lol this league is so great on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 3475 viewscrunchie1978

I'm not moaning but I hope we find a formation and stick to it.
I know theres still a long way to go but if we do go up I'd like us going up with a system and style set in stone so we hit the ground running back in the championship.
The first half performance would be fine with me!
lol this league is so great on 09:57 - Sep 18 with 3444 viewschicoazul

lol this league is so great on 09:49 - Sep 18 by crunchie1978

I'm not moaning but I hope we find a formation and stick to it.
I know theres still a long way to go but if we do go up I'd like us going up with a system and style set in stone so we hit the ground running back in the championship.
The first half performance would be fine with me!

I am coming round to the idea that most of our players are simply a cut above everything else (pretty much) in this league so we won't see a set formation so much as opposed to Lambert picking the best players he has available and telling them to go out and play, especially in midfield.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

lol this league is so great on 11:34 - Sep 18 with 3346 viewspennblue

It is a lot more fun that losing every week, that is for sure!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

lol this league is so great on 11:37 - Sep 18 with 3332 viewsBiGDonnie

lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure the random formations is entirely fair. We have shown far more consistency of both personnel and formation than Keane ever did.

I hate to think how we would have approached this league if we had done so under MM. I liked what MM did but I am not sure he would have gone for it in the way we seem to be. Maybe he would have, none of us know for sure.

He wouldn't have stepped off the bus if you offered him a point before last night.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

lol this league is so great on 11:43 - Sep 18 with 3308 viewsSpruceMoose

lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 by Kieran_Knows

It's not this season I'm worried about to be honest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

lol this league is so great on 12:03 - Sep 18 with 3259 viewsHalf_Idiot

lol this league is so great on 07:35 - Sep 18 by BLUEBEAT

A large amount of points. A large amount of goals.

99 points. 83 goals if we carry on at this rate.

Disappointing really, not the 100 points 100 goals we were after.
lol this league is so great on 12:14 - Sep 18 with 3216 viewsBarneycurley

lol this league is so great on 11:34 - Sep 18 by pennblue

It is a lot more fun that losing every week, that is for sure!

I've always thought that I enjoy just simply watching 'my team' just win and to go into every game expecting a win - no matter what league that's in.

Does beating the PL champions at home give more pleasure? I guess but that's all rather short lived - isn't it?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

lol this league is so great on 13:13 - Sep 18 with 3112 viewshaynes_toe1

lol this league is so great on 12:14 - Sep 18 by Barneycurley

I've always thought that I enjoy just simply watching 'my team' just win and to go into every game expecting a win - no matter what league that's in.

Does beating the PL champions at home give more pleasure? I guess but that's all rather short lived - isn't it?

Uh, I think i'd rather Ipswich were playing the best teams in the country week in week out in the most watched, arguably best league in the world playing attractive attacking football and beating the champions as opposed to beating Mk Dons 1-0 away on a Tuesday Night.

I think for those going to games this season will be fun but let's not lose all ambition in one go and start saying we'd be happy to stay around here because we win more.
lol this league is so great on 13:17 - Sep 18 with 3095 viewsDeano69

lol this league is so great on 13:13 - Sep 18 by haynes_toe1

Uh, I think i'd rather Ipswich were playing the best teams in the country week in week out in the most watched, arguably best league in the world playing attractive attacking football and beating the champions as opposed to beating Mk Dons 1-0 away on a Tuesday Night.

I think for those going to games this season will be fun but let's not lose all ambition in one go and start saying we'd be happy to stay around here because we win more.

We are a decade away from that. Or £100m in player purchases

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

lol this league is so great on 13:20 - Sep 18 with 3085 viewshaynes_toe1

lol this league is so great on 13:17 - Sep 18 by Deano69

We are a decade away from that. Or £100m in player purchases

Maybe, but anything can happen in football and as fans we should be aiming as high as possible.
lol this league is so great on 13:29 - Sep 18 with 3059 viewsDeano69

lol this league is so great on 13:20 - Sep 18 by haynes_toe1

Maybe, but anything can happen in football and as fans we should be aiming as high as possible.

I didn't want to go in to League 1, i don't really believe in the 'reboot the club' theory. But I have to say I am enjoying this season more than at anytime in the last 10 years. Personally, I would take a few seasons of enjoyable football with a squad of players able to actually play some football and enjoy the game with us.

I fell out of love with the Premier League (and all that it stands for) a few seasons ago, and not just because we are no where near it either. Over analysed, over hyped and over priced.

Would love a cup run though.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

lol this league is so great on 14:58 - Sep 18 with 2962 viewsBrixtonBlue

lol this league is so great on 13:13 - Sep 18 by haynes_toe1

I don't think anyone's said they want to stay here.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

lol this league is so great on 17:12 - Sep 28 with 2636 viewschicoazul

I never want to leave this league I love it so much.

lol this league is so great on 17:45 - Sep 28 with 2450 viewsDarth_Koont

lol this league is so great on 21:51 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's funny you say that but we seem a bit Mick 2014/15 but without having to play against good teams.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024