Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game 21:52 - Sep 17 with 3528 viewsMullet

Hard to know if we are going to kick on and run away with it, or start to have the results catch up with the sort of performance we saw in that second half. Think it's mostly down to fitness tonight as Huws deeper seemed to suggest he wasn't fit enough to give us the mobility Nolan has.

Lovely from KVY when we are on the front foot, but he was nullified a bit when they got going after the break. Thought we were very professional and the fact Keane can bring it out of the sky with his feet and his head is a massive advantage at this level. It killed any momentum they might have had.

I like the prospect of Garbutt and Georgiou as a left hand side that can swap roles, but it's not the best game to judge that on. Norwood and Skuse taking knocks is a worry, likewise another silly card for Downes, those are the moments that can take a toll further down the line.

Holy and Wilson are the biggest pluses for me tonight. One is looking more assured with his shot stopping by the game and Wilson makes me feel like the defence can suffer changes and not been a total basket case for weeks after like last season. Everyone else kind of reminded us what they can do when given a chance which is good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 3468 viewswkj

Would you go as far to say Holy scoops MotM, Im torn

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:55 - Sep 17 with 3410 viewsMrTown

Thought we were good first half, and as you’d expect MK came into ya second half.

Stood up to the task, defended well enough, good away display.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:56 - Sep 17 with 3400 viewsMullet

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:53 - Sep 17 by wkj

Don't think that one save at the near post justifies it but it was crucial to the clean sheet. If not him or the centre backs for being so dependable.

Quite possibly Skuse again given he had his clock cleaned by Downes and still kept ticking like a Swiss watch.

If Nolan had maintained his first half an hour on and off the ball it'd have been him for my money. It was just that sort of game where people had spells wasn't it?

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 3353 viewswkj

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:56 - Sep 17 by Mullet

Don't think that one save at the near post justifies it but it was crucial to the clean sheet. If not him or the centre backs for being so dependable.

Quite possibly Skuse again given he had his clock cleaned by Downes and still kept ticking like a Swiss watch.

If Nolan had maintained his first half an hour on and off the ball it'd have been him for my money. It was just that sort of game where people had spells wasn't it?

It was, I think for a change of system we played our hand well. I have to wonder if this system isn't one that PLl started drilling in the break and planned to use last week had Rowe and Huws not been ill.

Crybaby

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:00 - Sep 17 with 3288 viewsMullet

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:57 - Sep 17 by wkj

It was, I think for a change of system we played our hand well. I have to wonder if this system isn't one that PLl started drilling in the break and planned to use last week had Rowe and Huws not been ill.

Hard to know given there seemed to be some debate as to whether we started as 3 at the back and then Skuse stepped up or not. We certainly dropped our defensive line deeper and flatter as time went on.

Then the subs put people out wide and I'm not sure that really stifled them as much it gave us better outlets than Saturday as neither Edwards or Georgiou drifted like Judge does.

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:16 - Sep 17 with 3116 viewslinhdi

Agree 100% with the OP. I'm slightly concerned that we didn't have the tactical nous to reshape once they started to batter us, second half. I'm seriously chuffed that we protected Holy so that he only had a couple of saves to make.

On balance, we were good enough, but only just.

And we're now putting space between us and the bottom 18. Yo!!!!!!!
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:19 - Sep 17 with 3046 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:00 - Sep 17 by Mullet

Hard to know given there seemed to be some debate as to whether we started as 3 at the back and then Skuse stepped up or not. We certainly dropped our defensive line deeper and flatter as time went on.

Then the subs put people out wide and I'm not sure that really stifled them as much it gave us better outlets than Saturday as neither Edwards or Georgiou drifted like Judge does.

PL in post-match interview confirmed we started 5-3-2 and then switched. Had discussed the need to switch if they played 1 up front before kick off.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:20 - Sep 17 with 3027 viewswkj

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:19 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

PL in post-match interview confirmed we started 5-3-2 and then switched. Had discussed the need to switch if they played 1 up front before kick off.

Did he mention the knock to No wood?

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:36 - Sep 17 with 2877 viewsxrayspecs

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 21:53 - Sep 17 by wkj

Skuse MOM
Holy honourable mention in dispatches
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:36 - Sep 17 with 2875 viewsActionMan

I thought we were second and a point behind Coventry?

I think for me, and I amy be crucified for this, but the last two games we've shown very little in the way of creativity in terms of both the midfield and our forwards and haven't looked strong at all going forward at times, or even that much of a threat. Our defence and Holy however have been superb since the Wimbledon game.

I think Sears coming back will feel like a brand new signing if played in position.
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:38 - Sep 17 with 2854 viewsClapham_Junction

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:36 - Sep 17 by ActionMan

I thought we were second and a point behind Coventry?

I think for me, and I amy be crucified for this, but the last two games we've shown very little in the way of creativity in terms of both the midfield and our forwards and haven't looked strong at all going forward at times, or even that much of a threat. Our defence and Holy however have been superb since the Wimbledon game.

I think Sears coming back will feel like a brand new signing if played in position.

Sears is in the role that Jackson's been playing should be very good.
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:41 - Sep 17 with 2821 viewswkj

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:38 - Sep 17 by Clapham_Junction

Sears is in the role that Jackson's been playing should be very good.

Mate, I am really looking forward to seeing Sears back again. Yes he went messing on occasion, but in this league I reckon he's going to be electric.

Crybaby

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:49 - Sep 17 with 2756 viewsActionMan

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:41 - Sep 17 by wkj

Mate, I am really looking forward to seeing Sears back again. Yes he went messing on occasion, but in this league I reckon he's going to be electric.

We just need what he bring on his best days. Norwood and Jackson have done well enough up top, but as we've found tonight we just need someone who can score and kill the game off, we can't rely on superb defensive performances every game or amazing saves like Holy pulled off tonight to ensure the 3 points.
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:54 - Sep 17 with 2715 viewsITFCBlues

I think that's slightly harsh. Very good first half and should've been out of sight. 2nd half a little more tricky.

We went through a couple of years under Mick where I thought we were terrible but winning games. This ki d of feels a little like that. We're solid and can score goals. Hopefully that continues

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:54 - Sep 17 with 2714 viewshatch

Is anyone going to mention that we’re 2nd? Plenty of top of the league chants being sung as we left incorrectly.
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:54 - Sep 17 with 2710 viewsRadlett_blue

Yep, we were very positive for 20 minutes, but seemed to lose our way not long after we scored. MK went more direct in the 2nd half & we didn't win enough of the 2nd balls & struggled to keep possession so ended up defending too deep.
Positives were that Huws was keen to get on the ball before he tired, Garbutt made a productive return & looks much better than Kenlock, Vincent-young was excellent & Georgiou showed in his cameo what he can do on the ball.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 23:07 - Sep 17 with 2638 viewslinhdi

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:54 - Sep 17 by hatch

Is anyone going to mention that we’re 2nd? Plenty of top of the league chants being sung as we left incorrectly.

They were correct when we started! Cov's winner was 93rd min!!!
Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 2174 viewsPJH

Top of the league and still not all that convincing for large parts of a game on 22:00 - Sep 17 by Mullet

Skuse certainly lined up at the kickoff in a back three but it did not seem to be long before he moved further forward.

Second half it was almost ten at the back at times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024