Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think 08:50 - Sep 18 with 977 viewsBlueySwede

There was a tackle from Downes last night (2nd half?) that almost took my breath away. It was just perfect. Crunching, but not malicious in any way.
What a player he is turning out to be.

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 with 908 viewsPaul_Knows

Enjoy it, because I think regardless of promotion or not, he won't be here next season.

Poll: Need help here guys & girls..... you decide.

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 888 viewsitfc48

I remember Wilson making one in the left back position. Absolutely lined his man up.
There was also an exceptional tackle from Skuse to set up the Jackson chance I think it was.
Skuse's reading of the game really is excellent at times.
Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 796 viewschicoazul

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 by Paul_Knows

Enjoy it, because I think regardless of promotion or not, he won't be here next season.

Apparently Bournemouth are looking and were there last night.

I have it in commission, to comfort the feeble-minded, and to support the weak. You must needs go along with us; we will wait for you, we will lend you our help, we will deny ourselves of some things, both opinionated and practical, for your sake; we will not enter into doubtful disputations before you, we will be made all things to you, rather than you shall be left behind
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:27 - Sep 18 with 779 viewsSamWhiteUK

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:01 - Sep 18 by itfc48

I remember Wilson making one in the left back position. Absolutely lined his man up.
There was also an exceptional tackle from Skuse to set up the Jackson chance I think it was.
Skuse's reading of the game really is excellent at times.

Skuse was superb. Don't remember him putting a foot wrong, whereas I think I had a moan at everyone else at some point in the second half (bar Holy)

Poll: How many games until there's no longer a "long, long way to go?"

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 758 viewsBlueySwede

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:27 - Sep 18 by SamWhiteUK

Skuse was superb. Don't remember him putting a foot wrong, whereas I think I had a moan at everyone else at some point in the second half (bar Holy)

If you want to be picky, Skuse did misplace a few passes second half, as did the rest of the team.

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:31 - Sep 18 with 752 viewsGuthrum

Fully agree, altho he does need to keep himself (particularly his tongue) under control a bit more.Cut down on unneccessary yellow cards, as he might get a second if a tackle like that goes wrong, plus they add up to bans during the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 688 viewsthatdamgood89

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 08:57 - Sep 18 by Paul_Knows

and this right here is exactly why the town approach won't work. You can only move a club forward if you actually stick with your better young players.

You are right though.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:49 - Sep 18 with 669 viewsSamWhiteUK

Downes tackle, 2nd half I think on 09:30 - Sep 18 by BlueySwede

If you want to be picky, Skuse did misplace a few passes second half, as did the rest of the team.

Thought it was probably likely - what I should have said was, I never saw him made a mistake and realised it was him

Poll: How many games until there's no longer a "long, long way to go?"

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020