Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night 09:25 - Sep 18 with 4219 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably had one or two too many players struggling for minutes/match fitness on there by the end (Keane showed some very nice flashes but was never ready for an hour) but that 45 minutes is surely the way forward for us in a lot of these games. Utterly dominant and not just with the ball — Skuse, Downes and Huws all looked strong physically, won headers, ensured not much came back at us. We have such a surfeit of good midfielders that we do need to get as many of them on the pitch as possible and I can't believe that would not be Lambert's plan. Expect a lot more selections like last night's now Huws and Nolan are up to it.

Second half was a chore but there are no two ways about it — 18 points at this stage is an excellent start to the season. There will be bumps along the way, maybe even on Saturday which I suspect won't be an especially pretty game, but we've set ourselves up really well when it could have gone quite differently.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 12:27 - Sep 18 with 655 viewschicoazul

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:07 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

You're desperately trying to catch me out Chickers but you need to get up much earlier to do that.

It's not desperate, it's quite easy.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 12:44 - Sep 18 with 627 viewsPJH

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 11:10 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

What you were doing was exaggerating, which a lot of people do on TWTD to prove a point or win an argument.

It's a straw man.

It is not an exaggeration to say that all clubs try to avoid relegation.

As all clubs try to avoid relegation then it would suggest that being relegated is not seen as a good thing.
That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 13:46 - Sep 18 with 564 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 12:27 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

It's not desperate, it's quite easy.

Well clearly not, because you've failed to do it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 13:48 - Sep 18 with 556 viewsSpruceMoose

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 13:46 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

Well clearly not, because you've failed to do it.

You seem to have turned him full Kevin Keegan in the face of your Alex Ferguson.

Lovely stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 13:50 - Sep 18 with 556 viewsBrixtonBlue

That paid off quite well for Lambert last night on 12:44 - Sep 18 by PJH

It is not an exaggeration to say that all clubs try to avoid relegation.

As all clubs try to avoid relegation then it would suggest that being relegated is not seen as a good thing.

Again, you're building a straw man. I've never said clubs DON'T try to avoid relegation.

Your exaggeration is saying "it's not seen as a good thing." No. And non-one's said otherwise. You've gone to the complete extreme opposite of "disaster" to make your point.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024