Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What time did everyone get back? 09:51 - Sep 18 with 6901 viewsITFC_Forever

Got home bang on midnight, although cruising through the Kelvedon speed cameras at 75 might not help the current cleanliness of my driving licence.

Very slow journey to get there - the road from Cambridge to the A1 was a painful crawl, took us 3 hours to get to the ground from home, should take 2 hours tops.

As for the game, Nolan, Huws and Wilson were the pick, but more good performances from Downes, Chambers and Holy as well.

As others have said, we should have put the game out of sight in the first half, but a recurring theme in this division returned last night in that opposition are much less ruthless with their finishing (ruthfull?) than in the Champ - we would not have kept these clean sheets we've been having in the Champ.

Thanks also to the chap at Harry's Rainbow on the Industrial Estate who just about squeezed us in for parking, as time was starting to get a bit too close to kick-off for comfort.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What time did everyone get back? on 09:55 - Sep 18 with 4023 viewsportmanking

No idea why more people didn't go the A507 > A505 > A11/A14 route. It was an absolute breeze and was back in Mid Suffolk by 11.30.
What time did everyone get back? on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 3995 viewsITFC_Forever

What time did everyone get back? on 09:55 - Sep 18 by portmanking

No idea why more people didn't go the A507 > A505 > A11/A14 route. It was an absolute breeze and was back in Mid Suffolk by 11.30.

We did consider that, but the first sign I saw leaving the stadium was A5 London, so I followed that to then pick up the M1 and go M25, A12.

Mid Suffolk by 11.30 would still have been mid Ipswich by midnight or thereabouts, so we wouldn't have been any better / worse off.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What time did everyone get back? on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 3996 viewschicoazul

I go through those cameras all the time at 80-ish and have never had a letter. I did hear that they are individual cameras not linked average speed ones, and as long as you arent doing a crazy speed you will be fine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What time did everyone get back? on 09:59 - Sep 18 with 3980 viewsGuthrum

We got back at midnight, but were heading in the opposite direction!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What time did everyone get back? on 10:00 - Sep 18 with 3976 viewsSomethingBlue

23:59 through my front door, but in north London. Thankful to have caught the 22:10 train given the next one was cancelled, but held up a little by a large queue at Five Guys in Kings Cross.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What time did everyone get back? on 10:01 - Sep 18 with 3973 viewsTractorCam

Very similar here! Left my house at 4 and didn't arrive to the rainbow car park until 6.45 thanks to the A1 congestion, the lovely chap at the car park sorting us out.

Headed home down the M1/M25 route to avoid the A14 closure and made it home to Ipswich just before midnight.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 3942 viewschicoazul

What time did everyone get back? on 10:00 - Sep 18 by SomethingBlue

23:59 through my front door, but in north London. Thankful to have caught the 22:10 train given the next one was cancelled, but held up a little by a large queue at Five Guys in Kings Cross.

Their milkshakes are great but I dont like the burgers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:04 - Sep 18 with 3933 viewsSomethingBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 10:03 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

Their milkshakes are great but I dont like the burgers.

I'm not really fussed either way tbh. But any port in a storm, and all that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

What time did everyone get back? on 10:06 - Sep 18 with 3905 viewsartsbossbeard

12:33am

Parked at the ground and struggled to get out in good time, unfortunately.

Passed the fans coaches near the A140 turn off around 12:10.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:08 - Sep 18 with 3899 viewsfactual_blue

We got home around 8.00pm (so round about the time Town scored), thanks for asking. Landed at 6.00pm, breezed through passport control, and away from the mid-stay car park by 6.45pm. Quick stop at Tescos on the way back.

All in all, a pretty good journey.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What time did everyone get back? on 10:11 - Sep 18 with 3868 viewsGuthrum

What time did everyone get back? on 10:08 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

We got home around 8.00pm (so round about the time Town scored), thanks for asking. Landed at 6.00pm, breezed through passport control, and away from the mid-stay car park by 6.45pm. Quick stop at Tescos on the way back.

All in all, a pretty good journey.

Gatwick, presumably?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What time did everyone get back? on 10:28 - Sep 18 with 3799 viewsSitfcB

Got home, IP2, at 00:15, after dropping a passenger off at Red Lodge and then me to my car at Woolpit and a tour of Cambridge city centre

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What time did everyone get back? on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 3738 viewsBrixtonBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 09:58 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

I go through those cameras all the time at 80-ish and have never had a letter. I did hear that they are individual cameras not linked average speed ones, and as long as you arent doing a crazy speed you will be fine.

So buying drugs is bad but speeding (and encouraging others to do so) is absolutely fine?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:45 - Sep 18 with 3710 viewsbahri

Home at 10.40pm.

redandella

What time did everyone get back? on 10:49 - Sep 18 with 3681 viewsartsbossbeard

What time did everyone get back? on 10:42 - Sep 18 by BrixtonBlue

So buying drugs is bad but speeding (and encouraging others to do so) is absolutely fine?

Well, that's this thread done.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:50 - Sep 18 with 3679 viewsKieran_Knows

What time did everyone get back? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Popcorn at the ready.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What time did everyone get back? on 10:50 - Sep 18 with 3677 viewsFreddies_Ears

Still in MK! Straight to the hotel bar after the match for celebratory beers. Had brekky overlooking the pitch, and will head back shortly...
What time did everyone get back? on 10:51 - Sep 18 with 3670 viewsBrixtonBlue

What time did everyone get back? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Phil can thank me in 10 pages.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What time did everyone get back? on 10:52 - Sep 18 with 3667 viewsEwan_Oozami

So "speeding" could be both good and bad?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What time did everyone get back? on 11:15 - Sep 18 with 3625 viewsclive_baker

11:20. Not too bad at all.

Wilson was excellent, he was my MOTM and to be fair Chambers next to him who was vocal and really organised the defence well. Off the back of his performance on Saturday which I thought was fantastic, another clean sheet is great to see. Lambert's given himself a bit of a headache for Gillingham now but it's a good one to have. A mention too for KVY who I really, really rate. He's the best right back we've had in goodness knows how long, but I'm glad we've finally strengthened there. The midfield options are embarrassing really, considering Huws and Nolan can come in like that and show their quality, and with Judge and Dozzell on the bench.

Keane looked to run out of steam, which is to be expected. I still can't help but think Freddie might have a big role to play post Christmas if he can get back to his previous self. Jackson isn't quite up to it for me and Sears' experience and running in the channels should help create space for Norwood and / or Keane and midfield.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What time did everyone get back? on 11:18 - Sep 18 with 3611 viewsIpswichKnight

Was 11.05PM when I got back to Surrey/Hampshire would have been before then if I hadn't had to do 60mph on the M1 from MK to Luton and then 30mph between Staines and M3 junction on M25.
What time did everyone get back? on 11:18 - Sep 18 with 3606 viewsKeaneish

12:30am to South West London. Nice ground, murder to get to and from though: Tube, Train, Taxi, Bus and a hike. Gillingham will be a doddle after that.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 11:19]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What time did everyone get back? on 11:24 - Sep 18 with 3574 viewsAtractorive

Darn, beat me to it.
What time did everyone get back? on 12:39 - Sep 18 with 3421 viewsitfcjoe

Got home about 20 past 12, but had to 2 drop offs in Nacton and Kesgrave otherwise would have been just before midnight.

Easy drive home, but ended up going through the centre of Cambridge where the road was closed and diversion took me that way - also nearly ploughed through the cones before then as didn't see the sign that the Lane was being closed and was going 70 alongside a Range Rover who managed to help me avoid the cones before giving me a mouthful of justified abuse for the privilige

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What time did everyone get back? on 12:42 - Sep 18 with 3401 viewsMach_foreignBlue

About 1.30 AM. A few road works made a journey back longer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024