Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HMS Medway march through Chatham this Saturday 11:21 - Sep 18 with 1200 viewsgtd

Morning all,

As well as being a lifelong Town fan, I’m also an officer onboard HMS Medway, the Royal Navy’s newest warship. The ship is in Chatham this week for the purpose of being formally commissioned into the fleet, as well as to become affiliated with the Medway area. As part of this, my crew will be marching through Chatham on Saturday morning to receive the Freedom of the Town. A parade/ceremony will be conducted on the crossroads between High Street and Military Road (town centre of Chatham) at 1100.

I’m aware that we’re taking a large away following to Gillingham, so it would be great to have some of you come and watch, if you fancy popping along.

My crew will then also be attending the match in uniform and there will be a feature on us in the programme (GFC will become our affiliated football club). I must say that the hospitality and welcome we’re receiving from GFC is phenomenal.

Looking forward to seeing the ITFC following on Saturday.
HMS Medway march through Chatham this Saturday on 11:36 - Sep 18 with 1160 viewsBarneycurley

My old employer used the priestfield for work functions and conferences. It's always a very welcoming place - for all scallys faults they are a great warm and friendly club.

Enjoy the day!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

HMS Medway march through Chatham this Saturday on 12:10 - Sep 18 with 1109 viewsITFC_Cotton

I only recently finished my time on HMS Kent (LET WE) and the Gills were kind enough to provide our Mess with a signed shirt from last season. Really have been supportive towards the ship's football team with training gear and the like. Look forward to seeing the senior service at Gillingham! COYB!
HMS Medway march through Chatham this Saturday on 22:08 - Sep 18 with 930 viewsNewcyBlue

Good luck brother.

Where are you deploying to?

I am up in Glasgow doing my Mates Orals prep, got my Orals exam on 1st October so utterly stressed with that.

Back to sea on 9th October for me. See you on the water sometime!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024