Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 13:22 - Sep 18 with 7736 viewstownman1986

He has been one of the scapegoats the last couple of seasons but this year he’s got my vote for player of the year so far
Cole Skuse on 13:26 - Sep 18 with 4756 viewswkj

Skuse has always been dependable and done what needed to be done well, I think a lot of people watch footy on the telly and think MC players should always be trying to get on the score sheet or something. Skuse got a lot of stick by proxy from Douglas' crapness i think, and people were too set in their ways to get off of that bandwagon once Douglas left.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cole Skuse on 14:37 - Sep 18 with 4663 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is a good player. That extra few seconds on the ball is really helping him to show his footballing abilities.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Cole Skuse on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 4591 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 14:37 - Sep 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is a good player. That extra few seconds on the ball is really helping him to show his footballing abilities.

Maybe he’s found his level.
Cole Skuse on 15:45 - Sep 18 with 4580 viewsartsbossbeard

If you moan and groan about Skuse's ability and what he doesn't do for the team, then I'd suggest that football isn't the game for you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cole Skuse on 16:07 - Sep 18 with 4527 viewsBiGDonnie

After 8 games?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cole Skuse on 16:08 - Sep 18 with 4520 viewsBiGDonnie

Cole Skuse on 15:45 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

If you moan and groan about Skuse's ability and what he doesn't do for the team, then I'd suggest that football isn't the game for you.

Found his level. Poor for years in the Championship, better in the division below.

COYBs

Cole Skuse on 16:13 - Sep 18 with 4503 viewsartsbossbeard

Cole Skuse on 16:08 - Sep 18 by BiGDonnie

Found his level. Poor for years in the Championship, better in the division below.

I was right then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Cole Skuse on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 4490 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cole Skuse on 16:07 - Sep 18 by BiGDonnie

After 8 games?

That may be why the OP said "so far".

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 4451 viewsBiGDonnie

Cole Skuse on 16:13 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

I was right then.

He wasn't poor in the championship for years?

COYBs

Cole Skuse on 16:36 - Sep 18 with 4447 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 16:34 - Sep 18 by BiGDonnie

Quite right, he wasn't.
Cole Skuse on 16:41 - Sep 18 with 4427 viewsMullet

Only by the footballing illiteratti on here.

Our greatest manager in 2 decades loved him and praised him for years. Hurst couldn't ruin him even with injuries. Champions League winning DM Paul Lambert said he should have been a Prem player and loves him.

You then had Hurst has reinvented him, and now, he's found his level from the ever desperate critics.

Says it all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cole Skuse on 16:44 - Sep 18 with 4412 viewsJ2BLUE

Skuse is the perfect one question test for Town fans. Do you rate him?

Yes - they are worth listening to

No - they are clueless mugs who can safely be ignored

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cole Skuse on 16:46 - Sep 18 with 4405 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 16:44 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

Skuse is the perfect one question test for Town fans. Do you rate him?

Yes - they are worth listening to

No - they are clueless mugs who can safely be ignored

I do actually respect the opinion of a few of those that do not rate Skuse, although some others I do not, it is just that I don't agree with their opinion of Skuse.
Cole Skuse on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 4350 viewsKeaneish

I thought he was restricted a lot playing under MM. No doubt in his ability but i always wanted him to do more in that side. Feel he's now playing the sort of football he should have been back then. He's been flawless this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cole Skuse on 18:33 - Sep 18 with 4209 viewsEpiphone

He’s also benefited massively from Downes’ form alongside him.
Cole Skuse on 18:37 - Sep 18 with 4200 viewsChurchman

Cole Skuse on 17:09 - Sep 18 by Keaneish

I thought he was restricted a lot playing under MM. No doubt in his ability but i always wanted him to do more in that side. Feel he's now playing the sort of football he should have been back then. He's been flawless this season.

I think that is fair comment. He has been restricted by the players around him and the system MM employed. He’s also played in a losing team for a good chunk of that time. Overall though, I have never rated Skuse (but then I didn’t rate Roger Osborne till a day in May 78, or John Wark’s passing come to that.....ooops!).

On the plus side he reads the game very well and he is a good ‘club man’, liked by the other players and staff. In the context of where we were and are, I think he is a big asset.

On the negative side (at Championship level), I thought he went missing too often, his tackling not the best, passing sometimes good but for me mostly dodgy and his stats say 11 goals in 522 professional appearances.

Thinking of Roger Osborne, he told my dad a few years ago that the happiest time in his career was at Colchester. Instead of struggling alongside and against so many better players, he felt he belonged as one of the best players there. Maybe the extra time he is getting in addition to the way PL is setting up the team is bringing out the best of CS. He has given his best for the club and deserves it.
Cole Skuse on 18:45 - Sep 18 with 4171 viewsbraveblue

Cole Skuse on 15:45 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

But I suppose you do!! He is capable and is looking good in the third division. But any central midfielder who scores twice in 250 games is lacking and won’t play at the top level. Suspect that is why no one has tried to buy him.
Cole Skuse on 18:51 - Sep 18 with 4163 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Cole Skuse on 15:42 - Sep 18 by OsborneOneNil

Maybe he’s found his level.

God these sort of horse dung comments grate. Found his level. Yes, every manager who has ever managed him says he has prem quality. In your odious wisdom of course he's found his level. Strong chance you know best.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Can't be far off.... on 18:54 - Sep 18 with 4153 viewsBloots

….an England call up.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Cole Skuse on 18:56 - Sep 18 with 4149 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Cole Skuse on 16:34 - Sep 18 by BiGDonnie

Absolutely not. Literally no idea what you were watching or what you though Cole Skuse's role in a side is. Genuinely he has been one of the most consistent performers since signing. A quality player. HE IS NOT A BOX TO BOX BUMS OFF SEATS MIDFIELDER.

Cole Skuse on 18:58 - Sep 18 with 4141 viewsWickets

Cole Skuse on 18:33 - Sep 18 by Epiphone

He’s also benefited massively from Downes’ form alongside him.

Err or perhaps the other way round .
Cole Skuse on 19:01 - Sep 18 with 4137 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Cole Skuse on 18:45 - Sep 18 by braveblue

But I suppose you do!! He is capable and is looking good in the third division. But any central midfielder who scores twice in 250 games is lacking and won’t play at the top level. Suspect that is why no one has tried to buy him.

Busquets (who incedentally plays a very similar role - and no i'm not comparing ability level) has spent nearly his entire career at Barcelona (way more games then Skuse here). In a free scoring and dominant team he managed a total of 7 league goals. Why on earth would you measure someone in a deep lying CM role on goals. Ridiculous. Keen to unserstand your thoughts on busquets playing at the very top level with his dreadful scoring record?

Cole Skuse on 19:14 - Sep 18 with 4091 viewswkj

Cole Skuse on 19:01 - Sep 18 by Terry_Nutkins

Busquets (who incedentally plays a very similar role - and no i'm not comparing ability level) has spent nearly his entire career at Barcelona (way more games then Skuse here). In a free scoring and dominant team he managed a total of 7 league goals. Why on earth would you measure someone in a deep lying CM role on goals. Ridiculous. Keen to unserstand your thoughts on busquets playing at the very top level with his dreadful scoring record?

Is the correct answer

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cole Skuse on 19:19 - Sep 18 with 4074 viewsMullet

Cole Skuse on 19:14 - Sep 18 by wkj

Is the correct answer

And for the older gent, Didier Deschamps of course.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cole Skuse on 19:20 - Sep 18 with 4067 viewsartsbossbeard

Cole Skuse on 18:45 - Sep 18 by braveblue

Spoken like a true Football Manager player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024