Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"There's no press here" 13:43 - Sep 18 with 8071 viewsSteve_M

Can our Prime Minister ever stop lying even for a moment?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"There's no press here" on 13:45 - Sep 18 with 2920 viewsSpruceMoose

I actually hate him.

The very worst example of privilege and misplaced self confidence.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"There's no press here" on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 2815 viewsbrazil1982

A Labour Activist who just happened to be there at that time....
"There's no press here" on 15:28 - Sep 18 with 2800 viewsSteve_M

"There's no press here" on 15:23 - Sep 18 by brazil1982

And? Does that mean he isn't allowed to be concerned with the state of the NHS.

And, in any case, my point was about the lie. A lie so obvious that it says much about the character of the man that he still made it.

"There's no press here" on 15:30 - Sep 18 with 2792 viewsSwansea_Blue

"There's no press here" on 13:45 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

I actually hate him.

The very worst example of privilege and misplaced self confidence.

I’m getting there. I always thought he was a bit of a twât but a good performer. But it’s bleedingly obvious he’s a sham. There’s nothing there - no morals, honesty, skill, knowledge or understanding. He’s only suited to writing lies in a supportive newspaper.

Unbelievably he’s worse than May. It’s as if the country has consecutively had Keen, Jewell and Hurst.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"There's no press here" on 15:31 - Sep 18 with 2785 viewsSpruceMoose

That's your take away here?

You're part of the problem. You've been suckered in like a fool.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

"There's no press here" on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 2778 viewsSteve_M

"There's no press here" on 15:30 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

I’m getting there. I always thought he was a bit of a twât but a good performer. But it’s bleedingly obvious he’s a sham. There’s nothing there - no morals, honesty, skill, knowledge or understanding. He’s only suited to writing lies in a supportive newspaper.

Unbelievably he’s worse than May. It’s as if the country has consecutively had Keen, Jewell and Hurst.

I'm looking forward to the intense scrutiny of an election campaign. Keeping Johnson hidden might have worked with the Tory membership who are still stuck believing he's as popular as he was a decade ago it won't in the national media.

"There's no press here" on 15:39 - Sep 18 with 2754 viewsfactual_blue

"There's no press here" on 15:33 - Sep 18 by Steve_M

I'm looking forward to the intense scrutiny of an election campaign. Keeping Johnson hidden might have worked with the Tory membership who are still stuck believing he's as popular as he was a decade ago it won't in the national media.

One of the papers observed the other day that boris is uniting the country. His problem is that he's uniting them in hatred of him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

"There's no press here" on 15:41 - Sep 18 with 2747 viewsgordon

"There's no press here" on 15:30 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

He'll be an excellent after-dinner speaker with the right audience, but that's about it.

The sad thing is he doesn't really seem to believe in much - he certainly doesn't care the slightest bit about Brexit, nor about all the people whose anti-EU passions he helped to incite with his 'reporting'.

For the last few weeks he's looked a bit dejected and crestfallen, as if he's only now starting to realise just how despised he is by the kinds of people he'd actually quite like on his side.
Login to get fewer ads

"There's no press here" on 15:46 - Sep 18 with 2740 viewsSteve_M

"There's no press here" on 15:41 - Sep 18 by gordon

He'll be an excellent after-dinner speaker with the right audience, but that's about it.

The sad thing is he doesn't really seem to believe in much - he certainly doesn't care the slightest bit about Brexit, nor about all the people whose anti-EU passions he helped to incite with his 'reporting'.

For the last few weeks he's looked a bit dejected and crestfallen, as if he's only now starting to realise just how despised he is by the kinds of people he'd actually quite like on his side.

I can't remember who it was but someone had seen him speak twice and his routine for after dinner events is basically to turn up and bumble around a bit, pretend to have forgotten a speech and just give some off the cuff remarks. Quite funny to a bunch of pissed people no doubt but he seems to be running the country the same way.

(No subject) on 15:50 - Sep 18 with 2725 viewsSpruceMoose

"There's no press here" on 15:46 - Sep 18 by Steve_M

I can't remember who it was but someone had seen him speak twice and his routine for after dinner events is basically to turn up and bumble around a bit, pretend to have forgotten a speech and just give some off the cuff remarks. Quite funny to a bunch of pissed people no doubt but he seems to be running the country the same way.

In addition, I've also read that these supposed forgotten lines and improvised dead end stories are anything but, and are in fact well rehearsed 'blunders'.

There is nothing about Johnson which isn't fundamentally at it's core, fake.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:16]

"There's no press here" on 15:53 - Sep 18 with 2705 viewsDarth_Koont

Yep. Here's the article which is quite a rollercoaster and chilling when you get to the second part.

https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

Pronouns: He/Him

"There's no press here" on 15:54 - Sep 18 with 2701 viewsfactual_blue

They were press there. On any ministerial visit the press are there. And nobody gets that close to a PM at an official visit these days without their identity being known. Even the hospital staff will have been through a scanner and had to produce their passports.

"There's no press here" on 15:56 - Sep 18 with 2687 viewsSpruceMoose

"There's no press here" on 15:54 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

They were press there. On any ministerial visit the press are there. And nobody gets that close to a PM at an official visit these days without their identity being known. Even the hospital staff will have been through a scanner and had to produce their passports.

Can milkshakes be detected by full body scan yet?

"There's no press here" on 16:00 - Sep 18 with 2665 viewsgordon

Yeah, that's the Jeremy Vine anecdote -

https://www.facebook.com/thejeremyvine/posts/since-he-is-probably-our-next-prime
"There's no press here" on 16:01 - Sep 18 with 2659 viewsSwansea_Blue

"There's no press here" on 15:54 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

Not according to Boris there wasn’t.

We’re in some post truth Trumpian nightmare with this bloke. He needs to go ASAP.

"There's no press here" on 16:08 - Sep 18 with 2658 viewsDyland

Put your partisan party politics aside ffs. Political differences have nothing whatsoever to do with Johnson being a pathological liar. He's a charlatan, and an inept politician.

And no, I'm not a Labour supporter ffs!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 2632 viewsflimflam

"There's no press here" on 16:01 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

Not according to Boris there wasn’t.

We’re in some post truth Trumpian nightmare with this bloke. He needs to go ASAP.

He is polling higher now than when he took office 4 weeks ago so he may be around for a while.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 16:11]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

"There's no press here" on 16:12 - Sep 18 with 2619 viewsvilanovablue

"There's no press here" on 15:41 - Sep 18 by gordon

I think that it is finally coming home to roost for Johnson. Given where we are he has to be seen in public because he cannot hide any longer (aside from the Luxembourg PM and a few protesters). However it is clear we are experiencing an emperor's new clothes moment in so far as he literally has nothing and I mean nothing to offer.

We are now in one of the most critical moments of UK history and we have an empty vessel who has previously survived on his "personality" and in this moment that won't work.

I am terrified that we are absolutely screwed...
"There's no press here" on 16:13 - Sep 18 with 2616 viewsSwansea_Blue

"There's no press here" on 16:08 - Sep 18 by Dyland

Put your partisan party politics aside ffs. Political differences have nothing whatsoever to do with Johnson being a pathological liar. He's a charlatan, and an inept politician.

And no, I'm not a Labour supporter ffs!

This x1,000^^^

Oh, and because the NHS is in a mess due to years of scaling back funding.

"There's no press here" on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 2601 viewsfactual_blue

"There's no press here" on 15:56 - Sep 18 by SpruceMoose

Can milkshakes be detected by full body scan yet?

'Milkshake', or 'unpleasant cocktail of bodily fluids'?

"There's no press here" on 16:24 - Sep 18 with 2563 viewsWeWereZombies

"There's no press here" on 15:53 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

Yep. Here's the article which is quite a rollercoaster and chilling when you get to the second part.

https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

The sacrifice of small children to a shark to enable the swimming population as a whole is a variation on the tyranny of the majority thought experiment. If when we execute one person then thousands have a feel good moment the sum of pleasure exceeds the sum of pain so why not go ahead with it? Even better if we can convict that person to be executed of a serious crime, regardless of whether it was committed by the person to be executed. Not only will the populace feel good but they will think that justice has been done and the justice system looks like it is working. Everyone benefits.

Except the fitted up person being executed.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

(No subject) on 16:26 - Sep 18 with 2559 viewsDyland

(No subject) on 16:10 - Sep 18 by flimflam

He is polling higher now than when he took office 4 weeks ago so he may be around for a while.

And the fact people think he's even more brilliant for being an obvious in your face lying inept buffoon is just amazing.

Evidence if any was ever needed that democracy is a crap system.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

"There's no press here" on 16:27 - Sep 18 with 2545 viewsmanchego

It says "Father of a sick child".

Or is that a lie ?
(No subject) on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 2535 viewsmanchego

(No subject) on 16:26 - Sep 18 by Dyland

And the fact people think he's even more brilliant for being an obvious in your face lying inept buffoon is just amazing.

Evidence if any was ever needed that democracy is a crap system.

Trump is keeping a lot of support for the same reason.
No behaviour too bad, never too many lies.
(No subject) on 16:33 - Sep 18 with 2527 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) on 16:10 - Sep 18 by flimflam

It's unexplainable, it really is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024