Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? 15:42 - Sep 18 with 2799 viewsPendejo

It's not the school holidays... and it's not a new ground.

I really am quite impressed by that.

How many did we take last time? Championship game November or December 2015?
I was there but can't recall how many we took.

How many tickets did we get for Gillingham this Saturday?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:46 - Sep 18 with 2760 viewsclive_baker

Cause we're fooking massive.

A fraction over 2,000 for Gillingham on Saturday, which given there will be a fair number of empty seats in the home end feels silly to me that they didn't allow us more.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:47 - Sep 18 with 2753 viewsWD19

- Away games are more fun than home
- We are generally winning (and not losing) at the moment
- Many of our fans don't actually live in an IP postcode
- MK is easy to get to by both road and rail
- Its still (just about) summer and the weather is nice for an evening out

Think somebody said it was 2,100 for Gillingham. There will be loads of empty space in the ground, just none in the away end.
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:47 - Sep 18 with 2749 viewsartsbossbeard

2,100 for Gillingham.

Wasn't the previous championship meeting on a Saturday rather than midweek? Difficult to compare and contrast if so.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 2750 viewsElginCityBlue

What amazed me was when they said the entire attendance last night was over 10,000. I’d have said there was no more 4,000 MK Dons fans there looking around at how empty the ground was.
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:49 - Sep 18 with 2717 viewsartsbossbeard

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:48 - Sep 18 by ElginCityBlue

What amazed me was when they said the entire attendance last night was over 10,000. I’d have said there was no more 4,000 MK Dons fans there looking around at how empty the ground was.

Said the same.

I suspect they've counted all season ticket holders much like we do.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:51 - Sep 18 with 2714 viewsFixed_It

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:48 - Sep 18 by ElginCityBlue

I also very much doubt that they 'count season ticket holders' either. Bizarre - no way were there 7,000 of them there!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 2692 viewsFixed_It

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:49 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Said the same.

Only if they give season tickets away for free!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:10 - Sep 18 with 2595 viewsEastTownBlue

We have seen good numbers at Selhurst Park for evening matches but that is more understandable as most would be able to the train and have a few beers.

Other than those travelling back to London most will have gone by car and there isn't much in the way of pubs around there anyway.

As for MK, they sold the top tier last time first then allowed us part of the lower tier.
Login to get fewer ads

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:15 - Sep 18 with 2568 viewsIP33

Slighty off topic but.. Are there any other leagues where away sides get these sort of numbers in the third tier?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 16:22]
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:17 - Sep 18 with 2544 viewsBlueRaider

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:49 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

Said the same.

Either that or its a front for money laundering :O)

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:22 - Sep 18 with 2506 viewsvilanovablue

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:15 - Sep 18 by IP33

Slighty off topic but.. Are there any other leagues where away sides get these sort of numbers in the third tier?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 16:22]

According to the stats on Twitter we took 1 less than the rest of the division combined...
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:24 - Sep 18 with 2494 viewsKieran_Knows

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:47 - Sep 18 by artsbossbeard

2,100 for Gillingham.

Wasn't the previous championship meeting on a Saturday rather than midweek? Difficult to compare and contrast if so.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:33 - Sep 18 with 2441 viewsitfcjoe

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 15:52 - Sep 18 by Fixed_It

Only if they give season tickets away for free!

They do for kids tickets

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 1779 viewsOxford_Blue

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 16:10 - Sep 18 by EastTownBlue

We have seen good numbers at Selhurst Park for evening matches but that is more understandable as most would be able to the train and have a few beers.

Other than those travelling back to London most will have gone by car and there isn't much in the way of pubs around there anyway.

As for MK, they sold the top tier last time first then allowed us part of the lower tier.

A lot of people who work (and live) in London go to the evening games
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 18:55 - Sep 19 with 1498 viewsBentleyitfc

Loads of single virgins support Ipswich
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:00 - Sep 19 with 1484 viewswkj

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 18:55 - Sep 19 by Bentleyitfc

Loads of single virgins support Ipswich

Not as many as the plastics who pretend to support Derby tho
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:05 - Sep 19 with 1462 viewsCoco

Because the new management team are genius at PR and have brought the pride and good feeling back to club. The club and fans are as one again.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 1458 viewsBentleyitfc

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:00 - Sep 19 by wkj

Not as many as the plastics who pretend to support Derby tho
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 19:03]

?
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:10 - Sep 19 with 1449 viewsSpruceMoose

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:08 - Sep 19 by Bentleyitfc

?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 1428 viewsPJH

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:05 - Sep 19 by Coco

Because the new management team are genius at PR and have brought the pride and good feeling back to club. The club and fans are as one again.

Which is good because we now find ourselves in League One.
Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:35 - Sep 19 with 1377 viewswkj

Could someone explain why / how we get over 3,000 fans at a m/w away game? on 19:08 - Sep 19 by Bentleyitfc

?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024