Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carpal tunnel or Arthritus 01:03 - Sep 19 with 4140 viewswkj

Being a professional keyboard jockey, carpal tunnel seems to be an inevitability I will face, if not facing it already, so was just sounding out anyone that may have or had it and who has had surgery of other treatment.

My symptoms are mostly in the area on the back of the hand between the little finger and his neighbour. Although i am wandering if I might be looking at the Arthritis problem too as I get shooting pain in my wrist occasionally when bracing them in an L shape, such as getting up out of a char or what not.

Just curious what treatments are like and how well the pain can be managed as I get further along in the game of life. I tend to avoid a lot of online articles or symptom checkers as I usually manage to some how end up with an incurable life threatening condition.

Got a GP visit booked for next week, but the old cogs be a churnin' and will be until then.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Carpal tunnel or Arthritus on 07:59 - Sep 20 with 272 viewsChurchman

Carpal tunnel or Arthritus on 23:52 - Sep 19 by wkj

It really isn't too encouraging, but very true. My mum has rheumatoid and it just goes all over the place from one day to the next.

In the last two or three years of her life, my mum had Vikings Disease. It didn’t mean she roamed around pillaging and plundering in a horned hat. It meant that the fingers in her hands curled up. Tendons shortening, nodules etc. No cure and given it’s an affliction for the over 60s I doubt there ever will be. There are some awful afflictions people have to live with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024