Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy 09:11 - Sep 19 with 2471 viewsRobTheMonk

Lambert seems to have brought in a decent keeper at this level who seems to be improving as games go on. His kicking distance is ridiculous and I'd almost forgot that goal kicks can actually stay in play (as much as I love Bart, he was a rubbish kicker).

A slightly shakey start, but I feel he's really grown (no pun intended haha) into the role. Norris is going to have a tough time breaking into the starting line-up.

For a free at this level, I'm not sure we could of got much better. Same with Norwood - crazy that we paid nothing for him.
Holy on 09:14 - Sep 19 with 2454 viewsartsbossbeard

I posted at the time of his signing that I was talking to a Wimbledon season ticket holder who witnessed Holy clearing the opposition goal with a kick out of his hands from his own area.

Also, Norwood has done very well out the move financially and is closer to his East London roots. Good move for all.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Holy on 09:15 - Sep 19 with 2422 viewsitfcjoe

Holy on 09:14 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

I posted at the time of his signing that I was talking to a Wimbledon season ticket holder who witnessed Holy clearing the opposition goal with a kick out of his hands from his own area.

Also, Norwood has done very well out the move financially and is closer to his East London roots. Good move for all.

Isn't he a Sussex boy? But same point remains

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Holy on 09:16 - Sep 19 with 2418 viewsartsbossbeard

Holy on 09:15 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

Isn't he a Sussex boy? But same point remains

Actually, you're right.

I was thinking of someone else.

Someone who doesn't even play for Town..

*coffee*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Holy on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 2369 viewsSamWhiteUK

If the opposition send their keeper up for a corner, Holy could easily go for goal if he caught it
Holy on 09:26 - Sep 19 with 2342 viewshomer_123

Holy on 09:21 - Sep 19 by SamWhiteUK

If the opposition send their keeper up for a corner, Holy could easily go for goal if he caught it

Bit harsh to kick the opposition keeper back to their goal though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Holy on 09:42 - Sep 19 with 2256 viewsitfctim

Very impressed with him, gone from strength to strength, since that wake up call moment at Burton. Great character aswell, although I would expect his celebrations when we win at Gillingham (I hope!) to be a bit muted, out of respect for his old club.
Holy on 10:06 - Sep 19 with 2160 viewsBerlinBlue

He'll surely get a couple of assists this season with that kick. And I would think seeing such a man mountain in goal puts doubts in opposition strikers' minds. An all-round good signing.
Holy on 11:14 - Sep 19 with 1989 viewsSamWhiteUK

Holy on 09:42 - Sep 19 by itfctim

Very impressed with him, gone from strength to strength, since that wake up call moment at Burton. Great character aswell, although I would expect his celebrations when we win at Gillingham (I hope!) to be a bit muted, out of respect for his old club.

Speaking of wake-up call moment, let's not forget that he let the ball run right under his foot on Tuesday

And that, kids, is why you play your backpasses wide of goal
Login to get fewer ads

Holy on 11:35 - Sep 19 with 1906 viewsblueislander

His distribution is indeed a great improvement on Bart’s, but I think he overdid the long kicks on Tuesday. Of course there have to be players available to receive a shorter pass from him, and this was missing on Tuesday. When we have full backs as comfortable on the ball as we do, and creative midfielders as we do, just to hoof it up to a frontman who hardly won a header is disappointing.
Holy on 13:48 - Sep 19 with 1623 viewsRobTheMonk

Holy on 11:35 - Sep 19 by blueislander

His distribution is indeed a great improvement on Bart’s, but I think he overdid the long kicks on Tuesday. Of course there have to be players available to receive a shorter pass from him, and this was missing on Tuesday. When we have full backs as comfortable on the ball as we do, and creative midfielders as we do, just to hoof it up to a frontman who hardly won a header is disappointing.

I wouldn't be suprised if he's been told to do that by management. Then compete for the second ball 30-40 yards near the opposition goal.
Holy on 13:55 - Sep 19 with 1593 viewsKropotkin123

Holy on 11:14 - Sep 19 by SamWhiteUK

Speaking of wake-up call moment, let's not forget that he let the ball run right under his foot on Tuesday

And that, kids, is why you play your backpasses wide of goal

Looking at you Robert Ullathorne...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024