Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism 15:16 - Sep 19 with 4515 viewsSteve_M

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:20 - Sep 19 with 4184 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow. Surely that is him done in football?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:25 - Sep 19 with 4162 viewsSwansea_Blue

That second one would have 90% of posters banned from here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:26 - Sep 19 with 4164 viewsSteve_M

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:20 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

One would imagine so but Graham Rix went back to working in football after his conviction for having sex with a 15 year old. Football doesn't have high moral standards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:32 - Sep 19 with 4131 viewshomer_123

I suggest he moves to Italy and becomes a pundit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:56 - Sep 19 with 4066 viewsChurchman

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:32 - Sep 19 by homer_123

I suggest he moves to Italy and becomes a pundit.

Or Spain, Central Europe, Eastern Europe.....
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:15 - Sep 19 with 4035 viewsbobwya

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:20 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I doubt it. Interesting comments from his lawyer suggesting that FA rules are framed so that the onus was on him to prove his innocence rather than the complainant to prove his guilt - don't know if that is or isn't the case. Also suggests he has a lot of support from within the game . His lawyer says that the FA specifically says Beardsley is not a racist. That being so it appears he may have been extremely careless with his use of language.. I certainly wouldn't lay odds against him getting another job in football.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:18 - Sep 19 with 4012 viewsJakeITFC

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:56 - Sep 19 by Churchman

Or Spain, Central Europe, Eastern Europe.....

Or England.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:23 - Sep 19 with 3997 viewsActionMan

Although I don't agree with the the Go Ape comment it's absolutely insane that he'd even say that, even as a joke, it is a fact, that players from African countries have a record of lying about their ages to get pro-deals and that should be taken seriously when suspected so long as it can be proven.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26174252

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22152016
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism (n/t) on 16:45 - Sep 19 with 3934 viewsJamestownPrince

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:23 - Sep 19 by ActionMan

Although I don't agree with the the Go Ape comment it's absolutely insane that he'd even say that, even as a joke, it is a fact, that players from African countries have a record of lying about their ages to get pro-deals and that should be taken seriously when suspected so long as it can be proven.

[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 16:59]
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:51 - Sep 19 with 3920 viewsIllinoisblue

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 15:26 - Sep 19 by Steve_M

One would imagine so but Graham Rix went back to working in football after his conviction for having sex with a 15 year old. Football doesn't have high moral standards.

See also: John Terry managed to not have his career derailed over his abuse of Anton Ferdinand.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 17:11 - Sep 19 with 3858 viewsWD19

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:51 - Sep 19 by Illinoisblue

See also: John Terry managed to not have his career derailed over his abuse of Anton Ferdinand.

Or Rio Ferdinand for calling Ashley Cole a ‘choc ice’ (or similar).
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 17:13 - Sep 19 with 3850 viewsJakeITFC

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 16:23 - Sep 19 by ActionMan

The racist part is suggesting that all African players are at it.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 17:16 - Sep 19 with 3841 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh so Detective Columbo Beardsley was just sniffing out a lead here, and not spouting uninformed bollox about individuals based on nothing but their ethnicity?

I find your post little better than Beardsley's to be honest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:25 - Sep 19 with 3671 viewsjimmyvet

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 17:16 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Oh so Detective Columbo Beardsley was just sniffing out a lead here, and not spouting uninformed bollox about individuals based on nothing but their ethnicity?

I find your post little better than Beardsley's to be honest.

The voice Of reason from somebody who disagreed with your view a day ago who you wanted to die!

Your level of hypocrisy and intolerance knows no bounds.....vile.

BTW Beardsley’s words and behaviour were terrible.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 3645 viewsSwailsey

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:25 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

The voice Of reason from somebody who disagreed with your view a day ago who you wanted to die!

Wat

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:37 - Sep 19 with 3643 viewsSpruceMoose

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:25 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

Can you try that one again in fully formed sentences?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:50 - Sep 19 with 3617 viewsDarth_Koont

Jimmy, you're turning into a stereotype. And not in a good way.

Pronouns: He/Him

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:04 - Sep 19 with 3591 viewsjimmyvet

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 20:50 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

Jimmy, you're turning into a stereotype. And not in a good way.

No I am just appalled at a few on here who constantly show so much intolerance to others and it’s so sad and shows all that is wrong with the world, especially when they spend most of their time on here sprouting about intolerance. It’s laughable the hypocrisy shown is unbelievable.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:08 - Sep 19 with 3582 viewsDarth_Koont

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:04 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

No I am just appalled at a few on here who constantly show so much intolerance to others and it’s so sad and shows all that is wrong with the world, especially when they spend most of their time on here sprouting about intolerance. It’s laughable the hypocrisy shown is unbelievable.

I mean it when I say it that I like you because I believe your anger comes from an honest place.

But how does your intolerance of others complaining about intolerance work? Even if you think they're showing intolerance so are you.

Surely you can just address the underlying issues on their own terms?

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:35 - Sep 19 with 3549 viewsjimmyvet

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:08 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

I mean it when I say it that I like you because I believe your anger comes from an honest place.

But how does your intolerance of others complaining about intolerance work? Even if you think they're showing intolerance so are you.

Surely you can just address the underlying issues on their own terms?

I have said to you before your defence of AS is misplaced and naive as I don’t believe for 1 moment you are AS.

To take it on to today’s news a leader of the largest country in north America has been shown up as being involved in the most appalling racism. No mention on here and why because he comes from the apparently correct side of the race argument ie he’s liberal.

If Trump or BJ had done this then outcry on here would hysterical.

Back to original post Beardsley’s words and actions were awful and absolutely right he has been banned.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:48 - Sep 19 with 3530 viewsDarth_Koont

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:35 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

I have said to you before your defence of AS is misplaced and naive as I don’t believe for 1 moment you are AS.

To take it on to today’s news a leader of the largest country in north America has been shown up as being involved in the most appalling racism. No mention on here and why because he comes from the apparently correct side of the race argument ie he’s liberal.

If Trump or BJ had done this then outcry on here would hysterical.

Back to original post Beardsley’s words and actions were awful and absolutely right he has been banned.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The "most appalling racism" isn't blackface, however offensive that is intentionally or not.

Appalling racism is encouraging islamophobia, criminalizing refugees or standing up for the rights of black Americans by tweeting about a rapper arrested in Sweden. That's industrial-level racism.

Do you think SM literally means that he wants that person to die? There has been some hateful sh!t on here over the years but I've only ever wanted the perpetrators to "die". I want them to endure the slow realisation that they are wrong and small-minded instead.

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:59 - Sep 19 with 3503 viewsjimmyvet

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:48 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

The "most appalling racism" isn't blackface, however offensive that is intentionally or not.

Appalling racism is encouraging islamophobia, criminalizing refugees or standing up for the rights of black Americans by tweeting about a rapper arrested in Sweden. That's industrial-level racism.

Do you think SM literally means that he wants that person to die? There has been some hateful sh!t on here over the years but I've only ever wanted the perpetrators to "die". I want them to endure the slow realisation that they are wrong and small-minded instead.

We will never agree on much but I genuinely do believe you like me are tolerant even if I believe you are misguided sometimes with your views and no doubt you view me the same or worse.

I genuinely wish we could turn back the clock and the past 3 years or so had never happened and DC should hold his head in shame.
Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 3486 viewsDarth_Koont

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 21:59 - Sep 19 by jimmyvet

We will never agree on much but I genuinely do believe you like me are tolerant even if I believe you are misguided sometimes with your views and no doubt you view me the same or worse.

I genuinely wish we could turn back the clock and the past 3 years or so had never happened and DC should hold his head in shame.

We can agree on that.

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 22:12 - Sep 19 with 3436 viewswkj

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 22:01 - Sep 19 by Darth_Koont

We can agree on that.

Can we agree on we should have played Ambrose as right back?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 00:07 - Sep 20 with 3315 viewsDarth_Koont

Peter Beardley banned from football for 8 months for racism on 22:12 - Sep 19 by wkj

Can we agree on we should have played Ambrose as right back?

No. That’s mad talk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024