Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? 18:29 - Sep 19 with 7040 viewsMullet

I appreciated I'm bringing the TWTD equivalent of gasoline, matches and a Delia shaped effigy to the thread, but what's the angle here?

Sayle is an interesting comic, but who and what are "Just Jews"? A non-religious alternative pressure group or sorts? I know it's not that long and the detail is lacking, but is the argument one to steer away from the Tory's "what about anti-Semitism?" line?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 829 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 14:25 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

When you say lack of evidence, do you understand the evidence threshold the EHRC require before even considering an statutory investigation, let alone starting one?

Just to be clear, are you suggesting the BoD are influenced by Israel when issuing statements regarding Labour antisemtism?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 14:27]

Do you know what the investigation is actually about? Complaints about procedural irregularity. And a pretty specious slant on institutional racism considering there is no evidence at all of Jewish people being underrepresented or discriminated against as members or in careers locally and in the PLP.

A far cry from “rampant antisemitism”, “antisemitic to its core”, “the leader is encouraging antisemitism” etc. At that level it’s guilt by accusation and the EHRC will have nothing to say.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 813 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 14:31 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Not really. It's a lot more nuanced than that. I think it's more about the true scale, how much Corbyn is at fault, and if enough is being done now to stamp it out.

I don't think anyone's denying it's been a serious issue. It just seems people with vested interests have jumped on it and politicised it. It's good and healthy that we're hearing both sides. Some have intimated there will be a 1930's style threat to Jews if Labour get in - this is where it goes too far and becomes ridiculous. Lot's of Jewish people support Corbyn - that wouldn't be happening if he posed a real and serious threat to them.

When you say “lots of Jewish people support Corbyn” are you aware that a poll showed just under 90% of British Jews believe Corbyn is an antisemite?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 15:58 - Sep 20 with 809 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 15:51 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

When you say “lots of Jewish people support Corbyn” are you aware that a poll showed just under 90% of British Jews believe Corbyn is an antisemite?

A link to the poll would be helpful here.

Also, a belief in something doesn't necessarily make it so.

Just saying.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 16:00]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 800 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 15:51 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

But you don't even think he's an antisemite so that's insane.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:29 - Sep 20 with 748 viewsBrixtonBlue

How many people is 10% of British Jews?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:38 - Sep 20 with 743 viewsfooters

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:29 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

If it's one of the JC ones, I think one of the polls Gibbers posted had a sample size of around 330.

So, y'know, widespread panic.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 739 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:29 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

About 25,000 people.

I'm guessing about the same number as the Labour-supporting Jews who aren't defending Israel no matter what.

I'll give the JLM credit: Unlike most of the self-proclaimed Jewish representatives, they at least called out Netanyahu's predatory plans for expansion. But it takes someone annexing innocent people's homes to stir their sense of social justice.

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:47 - Sep 20 with 732 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:41 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

About 25,000 people.

I'm guessing about the same number as the Labour-supporting Jews who aren't defending Israel no matter what.

I'll give the JLM credit: Unlike most of the self-proclaimed Jewish representatives, they at least called out Netanyahu's predatory plans for expansion. But it takes someone annexing innocent people's homes to stir their sense of social justice.

Don't your second and third paragraphs conflict a little?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 18:21 - Sep 20 with 707 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else seen this Alexei Sayle video promoting Corbyn? on 17:47 - Sep 20 by giant_stow

Don't your second and third paragraphs conflict a little?

No. People think different things to different degrees. JLM think Corbyn is too pro-Palestinian for their taste.

And if I was being cynical, there's no way a Jewish Labour Movement could call themseves by that name if they didn't condemn a hard-right, racist move. So maybe it protects them against that.

It's all academic because Netanyahu's plan is so disgusting that nobody should defend it. But just look at the people who have been passive in criticizing it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024