Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth v Southampton 19:37 - Sep 19 with 12433 viewsAsh1987

Next Tuesday on sky apperantly 66,000 Pompey fans applied for tickets. Remarkable.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:40 - Sep 19 with 5275 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My mate is a Saints fan so we’re watching it in the boozer before going out out.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:42 - Sep 19 with 5241 viewstextbackup

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:40 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

My mate is a Saints fan so we’re watching it in the boozer before going out out.

why isn't he going?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 5236 viewsJ2BLUE

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:40 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

My mate is a Portsmouth fan but he's a bit deluded bless him. Says things like 66,000 Portsmouth fans applied for tickets. LOL.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 5222 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:42 - Sep 19 by textbackup

why isn't he going?

To Pompey away? Getting a ticket is like goldust apparently. And he doesn’t do enough away games.

He was at the United game a couple of weeks ago and those sort of games. Does a few away days but nowhere near enough.

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:47 - Sep 19 with 5197 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:42 - Sep 19 by textbackup

why isn't he going?

He has a well rounded life complete with other priorities?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 5181 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:43 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

My mate is a Portsmouth fan but he's a bit deluded bless him. Says things like 66,000 Portsmouth fans applied for tickets. LOL.

It's true. A lot of people will watching in pubs also. Fanzones at being put up for the game. Outside of arsenal Spurs and the manc and scouse clubs it's the biggest derby in England.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 5169 viewstextbackup

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:46 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

To Pompey away? Getting a ticket is like goldust apparently. And he doesn’t do enough away games.

He was at the United game a couple of weeks ago and those sort of games. Does a few away days but nowhere near enough.

I can imagine they are hard work to get hold of. I meant more "why isn't he going down there" the pubs will be rocking lol

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:51 - Sep 19 with 5163 viewstextbackup

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:47 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

He has a well rounded life complete with other priorities?

you're right, only people with nothing else in life go to football matches

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 5159 viewstextbackup

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:50 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

It's true. A lot of people will watching in pubs also. Fanzones at being put up for the game. Outside of arsenal Spurs and the manc and scouse clubs it's the biggest derby in England.

mate was telling me about how the rivalry started. the dockers from pompy went on strike and the soton lot took their jobs..... I think

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:54 - Sep 19 with 5147 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:50 - Sep 19 by textbackup

I can imagine they are hard work to get hold of. I meant more "why isn't he going down there" the pubs will be rocking lol

Oh I see.

Basically because it’s freshers week next week so if he watched it in Southampton, he’d miss Tuesday nights session.

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:54 - Sep 19 with 5135 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:51 - Sep 19 by textbackup

you're right, only people with nothing else in life go to football matches

I didn't say in life. Just every Saturday and Tuesday night for 3/4 of the year

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 5131 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:52 - Sep 19 by textbackup

mate was telling me about how the rivalry started. the dockers from pompy went on strike and the soton lot took their jobs..... I think

Spot on. I expect Carnage. People were queueing outside fratton park overnight
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:06 - Sep 19 with 5073 viewsJ2BLUE

I've missed your wild delusional claims mate.

Michael says hi. PM me your number and we'll create a whats app group.

Truly impaired.

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:23 - Sep 19 with 5031 viewsnoggin

So you think it's bigger than Villa v Brum, Sheffield Weds v United and West Ham v Millwall?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:29 - Sep 19 with 5011 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:23 - Sep 19 by noggin

So you think it's bigger than Villa v Brum, Sheffield Weds v United and West Ham v Millwall?

Absolutely.

Sheffield derby never sells out. Pompey v saints is a far bigger derby with more hatred. If you combine both Sheffield clubs fanbases with Pompey and saints, Pompey and saints have the bigger combined fanbases.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:30 - Sep 19 with 4997 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 19:54 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

I didn't say in life. Just every Saturday and Tuesday night for 3/4 of the year

Gets in the way of a boozy camping trip for sure

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:30 - Sep 19 with 4989 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:29 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Absolutely.

Sheffield derby never sells out. Pompey v saints is a far bigger derby with more hatred. If you combine both Sheffield clubs fanbases with Pompey and saints, Pompey and saints have the bigger combined fanbases.

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:31 - Sep 19 with 4994 viewsnoggin

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:29 - Sep 19 by Ash1987

Absolutely.

Oh, and Newcastle v Sunderland.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 4992 viewsFunge

Here's the thing though - all of these other clubs have big rivalries with other local teams - see Wolves for the Brummies, Leeds for the Sheffield clubs, and Spurs/ Chelsea/ Palace for the London teams (acknowledging that Palace is specific to Millwall).

No denying the rivalry that your examples have for each other, it's just that, well, the dislike is spread wider wiih them all.

With the Hampshire clubs, and, indeed, us and that lot, there are no other real rivalries because of geography; much as Col U would love to think otherwise.

The Solent derby is big, as is the East Anglian derby; all too easily overlooked in these Sky-induced days.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:32 - Sep 19 with 4980 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich/Norwich is bigger than the tin pot solent derby. What did the Guardian call it? Not a battle of clubs, but a battle of empires. We are massive.

Truly impaired.

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:33 - Sep 19 with 4967 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:32 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Ipswich/Norwich is bigger than the tin pot solent derby. What did the Guardian call it? Not a battle of clubs, but a battle of empires. We are massive.

I'd forgotten Portsmouth were even a thing to be honest. Do they still have that tattooed Otto from the Simpson bloke as their mascot?

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:34 - Sep 19 with 4967 viewswkj

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:30 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

That's an enormous commitment to stats that is

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 with 4924 viewsDevereuxxx

I think theres always more fervour around a derby if it hasn't been played in a few years. Games like United vs City and Liverpool vs Everton, yeah they're bigger clubs, great, but the derby happens twice every season (at least) and I lose interest in those sort of derbys, I come down with a case of derby fatigue. Abroad it's even worse, there seems to be an el Clasico every other week.

This one feels a bit different; I don't think Pompey have played one since they reached their lowest ebb a couple of seasons ago, while Southampton will want to put them in their place - all the pressure is on them. Looking forward to it.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 with 4920 viewsAsh1987

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:32 - Sep 19 by Funge

Here's the thing though - all of these other clubs have big rivalries with other local teams - see Wolves for the Brummies, Leeds for the Sheffield clubs, and Spurs/ Chelsea/ Palace for the London teams (acknowledging that Palace is specific to Millwall).

No denying the rivalry that your examples have for each other, it's just that, well, the dislike is spread wider wiih them all.

With the Hampshire clubs, and, indeed, us and that lot, there are no other real rivalries because of geography; much as Col U would love to think otherwise.

The Solent derby is big, as is the East Anglian derby; all too easily overlooked in these Sky-induced days.

Last time Ipswich played Norwich it wasn't a sellout only 24k there.

If you add Ipswich and norwichs fanbases together, they don't even touch half of the combined pompey and saints fanbase.
Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:43 - Sep 19 with 4903 viewsSpruceMoose

Portsmouth v Southampton on 20:42 - Sep 19 by Devereuxxx

I think theres always more fervour around a derby if it hasn't been played in a few years. Games like United vs City and Liverpool vs Everton, yeah they're bigger clubs, great, but the derby happens twice every season (at least) and I lose interest in those sort of derbys, I come down with a case of derby fatigue. Abroad it's even worse, there seems to be an el Clasico every other week.

This one feels a bit different; I don't think Pompey have played one since they reached their lowest ebb a couple of seasons ago, while Southampton will want to put them in their place - all the pressure is on them. Looking forward to it.

Not only that, but a United v City derby is going to be 50% tourists in the crowd. They just don't feel it in the same manner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024