Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves - UEFA Cup/Premiership 08:44 - Sep 20 with 2773 viewsartsbossbeard

I really enjoyed watching them play last year but the UEFA Cup is an absolute nightmare for some clubs and I make Wolves one of these.

Massive ones like Man Utd can cope but most other clubs just don’t have the resources. The money you get for doing well in it doesn’t allow you to spend big and have the resources to be able to maintain league form and challenge in it. It’s a sh1t competition now.

The fans who go to the away game will be loving the trips, naturally

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Wolves - UEFA Cup/Premiership on 12:19 - Sep 20 with 228 viewsITFC_Forever

Wolves - UEFA Cup/Premiership on 11:40 - Sep 20 by midastouch

Your memory is better than mine, we played Utd on the Saturday 22nd September but we still had only just played the first leg of our UEFA tie at home on the Thursday (and then it was the return fixture in Russia the following Thursday just as you said). If I recall Fergie wouldn't move the game from the Saturday to Sunday at our request. That wouldn't happen now, if you played Thursday night in Europe (home or away) you wouldn't have to play a big league game like Manchester Utd away at 3pm on the Saturday, they'd move it to Sunday.

Relevant fixture dates, see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

https://www.premierleague.com/match/3720
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 11:42]

The home leg was should have happened 9 days (not 2 days) before the Man U game, but because of 9/11, all UEFA Cup games were delayed a week.

I suppose the logistics made re-scheduling a game at Old Trafford at short notice difficult.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wolves - UEFA Cup/Premiership on 12:43 - Sep 20 with 204 viewsmidastouch

Wolves - UEFA Cup/Premiership on 12:19 - Sep 20 by ITFC_Forever

The home leg was should have happened 9 days (not 2 days) before the Man U game, but because of 9/11, all UEFA Cup games were delayed a week.

I suppose the logistics made re-scheduling a game at Old Trafford at short notice difficult.

Does that mean we can partly blame Bin Laden for us getting relegated? ;-)
All joking aside, great memory mate, you must be keeping topped up on the cod liver oil or something! Whatever it is, it's working!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024