Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on Skuse 09:43 - Sep 20 with 7274 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

“Cole Skuse has been great. I don’t think there’s anyone in the league like him when it comes to passing the ball.”

My personal opinion, but I think Jon Nolan is a better passer than Skuse.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Lambert on Skuse on 12:56 - Sep 20 with 1193 viewsSuperblue95

Lambert on Skuse on 12:19 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Do you mean Owen Garvan or Jim Magilton?

Veliche Shumulikoski

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lambert on Skuse on 14:50 - Sep 20 with 1174 viewsBryanPlug

Lambert on Skuse on 10:04 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:24]

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lambert on Skuse on 14:53 - Sep 20 with 1171 viewschicoazul

Lambert on Skuse on 10:51 - Sep 20 by Dyland

The blue tinted specs dreamy scenario is Dozzers lying deep with Downes and Bishop buzzing around.

In theory, lovely. In reality never going to happen.

If we can build on the first half against MK and have all the midfielders fit we really should push on, and play some very pretty footie to boot.

With Nydam at LB and Woolf at CB.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert on Skuse on 15:00 - Sep 20 with 1169 viewsDubtractor

Lambert on Skuse on 10:44 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

Andre Dozzell is a better passer.......

Skuse looking very good, as he did when Lambert was first appointed last year - he was rushed back from his injury and looked poor afterwards, glad that he is showing the early form.

He is being given more licence by Lambert to play, and maybe the lower quality teams in this league are really allowing him to stand out.

Like Chambers, he has played 40 games a season in the Championship for a decade, that doesn't happen by chance or by luck or just being a good bloke, they are massively experienced players who are better than this level.

On Chambers, it surprised me just how many were keen to get rid at the end of last season. He isn't that old, not for a CB, and players with far less pace have done a more than adequate job at L1 level.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert on Skuse on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 1141 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert on Skuse on 11:21 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

*biased

You missed *Skuse

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on Skuse on 15:55 - Sep 20 with 1126 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.

I’ve not read the rest of the thread so it may have been brought up already but I just have to comment here.

Kenlock being sh*t and criticised (rightly) by our fanbase (myself included) is solely down to his performance and has absolutely f**k all to do with his ethnicity.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lambert on Skuse on 16:13 - Sep 20 with 1112 viewsBryanPlug

Lambert on Skuse on 15:55 - Sep 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve not read the rest of the thread so it may have been brought up already but I just have to comment here.

Kenlock being sh*t and criticised (rightly) by our fanbase (myself included) is solely down to his performance and has absolutely f**k all to do with his ethnicity.

Lambert on Skuse on 16:43 - Sep 20 with 1097 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lambert on Skuse on 16:13 - Sep 20 by BryanPlug

I like Badger but I really do think that comment was piss poor.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on Skuse on 18:18 - Sep 20 with 1066 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

It takes a ‘certain flavour of idiot’ to make a comment like that! Utterly ridiculous!
Lambert on Skuse on 20:06 - Sep 20 with 1051 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 18:18 - Sep 20 by OsmansCleanSheet

It takes a ‘certain flavour of idiot’ to make a comment like that! Utterly ridiculous!

Anyone that denies the fact that young black footballers are more to be referred to as lazy or lacking concentration is either really stupid or contributes to that charlatan yaxley lennon. This is increased even more in east Anglia due to the lack of exposure that the big eared boys on farms get to foreigners.

For the record Myles is those traits but we've had plenty before that had the same said unjustly. Mings, spence etc

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on Skuse on 21:06 - Sep 20 with 1040 viewsWickets

Both differing type of midfield players that helps to create a blend Skuse breaks up the opposition play well and his passing has been better this season maybe because other players are available this season and also that bit more time at this level .Nolan has been all action and arriving in the box and we know he has a goal or two in him .
Lambert on Skuse on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 1028 viewsBryanPlug

Lambert on Skuse on 20:06 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Anyone that denies the fact that young black footballers are more to be referred to as lazy or lacking concentration is either really stupid or contributes to that charlatan yaxley lennon. This is increased even more in east Anglia due to the lack of exposure that the big eared boys on farms get to foreigners.

For the record Myles is those traits but we've had plenty before that had the same said unjustly. Mings, spence etc

Lambert on Skuse on 22:38 - Sep 20 with 1001 viewsChurchman

Lambert on Skuse on 20:06 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

I am sorry, I don’t agree with that. I never get a sense that anyone on this board thinks that way and I think it wrong to insinuate it. I suspect if there was an inkling of it, that person would be banned and rightly so.

Is there racism in this country? Of course there is along with sexism, ageism and every form of ism you can think of. But it has improved over the years beyond all recognition and is a lot better than many European countries, including Germany. There is a long way to go in society but I think we are moving in the right direction and I am pleased it plays no part in this board.
Lambert on Skuse on 22:55 - Sep 20 with 995 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 22:38 - Sep 20 by Churchman

I am sorry, I don’t agree with that. I never get a sense that anyone on this board thinks that way and I think it wrong to insinuate it. I suspect if there was an inkling of it, that person would be banned and rightly so.

Is there racism in this country? Of course there is along with sexism, ageism and every form of ism you can think of. But it has improved over the years beyond all recognition and is a lot better than many European countries, including Germany. There is a long way to go in society but I think we are moving in the right direction and I am pleased it plays no part in this board.

Incredible levels of naivety

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on Skuse on 04:52 - Sep 21 with 949 viewsChurchman

Lambert on Skuse on 22:55 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Incredible levels of naivety

I don’t think so, but you are entitled to your view.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 8:19]
Lambert on Skuse on 08:09 - Sep 21 with 914 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on Skuse on 04:52 - Sep 21 by Churchman

I don’t think so, but you are entitled to your view.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 8:19]

Whilst Blubbers is doing his usual and overstating things in a confrontational way to get a reaction, I do think there's some truth in what he's saying.

Although there's no overt racism on this site (well, very little and when it happens it's stamped out) there is some unconscious racial bias in how black players are talked about at times. Often black players are labelled as lazy or lacking discipline or intelligence or having a bad attitude.

These criticisms are based on racist stereotypes and I've seen them used on here to describe some of our black players over the years when, to my eyes, there's been no evidence at all to back up those claims. Mings springs to mind as an obvious one. JET as well. I'm even seeing young Dozzer's attitude being questioned in a way that Downes' attitude wasn't when he was struggling to get in the team. Spence was subject to similar criticisms, I agree he wasn't a very good footballer but he wasn't lazy or lacking intelligence or had a bad attitude. He just wasn't very good. Same with Kenlock.

There's no issue criticising black players - and I think Badger is off when it comes to Kenlock as most just think he's a terrible footballer and not any of the things I've outlined - but when those criticisms are founded on lazy racial stereotypes as they have often been in the past, that's a problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024