Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on Skuse 09:43 - Sep 20 with 7272 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

“Cole Skuse has been great. I don’t think there’s anyone in the league like him when it comes to passing the ball.”

My personal opinion, but I think Jon Nolan is a better passer than Skuse.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 3391 viewsBluefish

On what basis is Nolan better? He plays in a different area of the pitch so doesn't ever demonstrate the range of passing that Skuse does. I have been saying for years how good Skuse is but so many people were desperate to make him out to be terrible for other reasons, it must be hard for them to hear Lambert saying it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 3395 viewswkj

Both are good but skuse remains the glue that holds us together in my opinion. Underappreciated by a slice of the fan base but has always done the important and unsexy stuff well
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 9:46]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert on Skuse on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 3362 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

On what basis is Nolan better? He plays in a different area of the pitch so doesn't ever demonstrate the range of passing that Skuse does. I have been saying for years how good Skuse is but so many people were desperate to make him out to be terrible for other reasons, it must be hard for them to hear Lambert saying it

I said Nolan is a better passer than Skuse. It's just my opinion. I think Skuse is very good, I won't hide that and I understand his role in the team. For me, Skuse has been our best player this season with Woolfenden and Downes.

But I really like Nolan's passing. Very neat and composed and has the ability to thread a ball through that takes players out of the game. The lad can play - he's very clever.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Lambert on Skuse on 09:50 - Sep 20 with 3354 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Yes, but Mick didn't buy Nolan.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on Skuse on 09:50 - Sep 20 with 3354 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 by wkj

Both are good but skuse remains the glue that holds us together in my opinion. Underappreciated by a slice of the fan base but has always done the important and unsexy stuff well
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 9:46]

I'm talking about who I think is a better passer going off Lambert's comments. If we're talking roles and responsibilities on the pitch, Skuse has the most important role as like you said, he is the glue that holds us together and there's no doubting that.

But in terms of who's a better passer, I think Nolan is better.

Lambert on Skuse on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 3348 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 09:48 - Sep 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I said Nolan is a better passer than Skuse. It's just my opinion. I think Skuse is very good, I won't hide that and I understand his role in the team. For me, Skuse has been our best player this season with Woolfenden and Downes.

But I really like Nolan's passing. Very neat and composed and has the ability to thread a ball through that takes players out of the game. The lad can play - he's very clever.

That is my point, Nolan is doing neat compact passing but Skuse is doing the range, you can't really compare them. Nolan value is the way that he buzzes around and presses the game high, we have missed that

Lambert on Skuse on 09:53 - Sep 20 with 3320 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 09:50 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Yes, but Mick didn't buy Nolan.

Bookies have absolutely cleaned up this year in the scapegoat of the year market. Skuse was massively odds on

Lambert on Skuse on 09:56 - Sep 20 with 3288 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Lambert on Skuse on 09:51 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

That is my point, Nolan is doing neat compact passing but Skuse is doing the range, you can't really compare them. Nolan value is the way that he buzzes around and presses the game high, we have missed that

I see your point - that's a fair way of analysing it. For me, both Nolan and Skuse have to be first names on the team sheet though in a fully fit side. You could argue that the midfield 4 who started on Tuesday is the strongest when all fully fit. I'm sure Judge would have something to say about that though.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on Skuse on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 3280 viewsDyland

Lambert on Skuse on 09:50 - Sep 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I'm talking about who I think is a better passer going off Lambert's comments. If we're talking roles and responsibilities on the pitch, Skuse has the most important role as like you said, he is the glue that holds us together and there's no doubting that.

But in terms of who's a better passer, I think Nolan is better.

Nah, Skuse shades it.

Nolan is better at short passes breaking forward, for sure. Skuse is deeper lying though and doesn't really get in positions to play those kind of passes very often. Though this season he is doing so more, especially when we're dominating possession and he has people like Huws AND Nolan around him.

However, his mid to long range passing is sometimes Pirloesque. Nolan's isn't.

And yes, obviously it's not totally consistent. If it was the bloke would be playing in the Champs League.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 3229 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 09:53 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Bookies have absolutely cleaned up this year in the scapegoat of the year market. Skuse was massively odds on

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert on Skuse on 10:08 - Sep 20 with 3180 viewsartsbossbeard

Lambert on Skuse on 09:53 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Knudsen threw the curveball by leaving and thus opened the way for Skuse to win things this year.

It's great to see that "now he's playing well" (or playing much the same as he's always done), he's now found his level according to the UEFA Level 1 coaches on here.

Haterz gonna hate
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:10]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 3190 viewschicoazul

Lambert on Skuse on 09:56 - Sep 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I see your point - that's a fair way of analysing it. For me, both Nolan and Skuse have to be first names on the team sheet though in a fully fit side. You could argue that the midfield 4 who started on Tuesday is the strongest when all fully fit. I'm sure Judge would have something to say about that though.

Bishop is the best though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 3154 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 10:04 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:24]

Unfortunately I cannot comment, last time I did we had abuse reports and Phil went full on ban rant at me.

Lambert on Skuse on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 3144 viewsDubtractor

Lambert on Skuse on 10:08 - Sep 20 by artsbossbeard

Knudsen threw the curveball by leaving and thus opened the way for Skuse to win things this year.

It's great to see that "now he's playing well" (or playing much the same as he's always done), he's now found his level according to the UEFA Level 1 coaches on here.

Haterz gonna hate
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:10]

I do think that Skuse has looked a better player under Lambert as he has been able to play a more positive game.

Please note that this isn't a dig at mick, as it would appear that the impact on the team has been less positive given how sh1te we were last season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert on Skuse on 10:21 - Sep 20 with 3110 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 10:10 - Sep 20 by chicoazul

Bishop is the best though.

Agreed

Lambert on Skuse on 10:29 - Sep 20 with 3064 viewsDyland

Lambert on Skuse on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

I do think that Skuse has looked a better player under Lambert as he has been able to play a more positive game.

Please note that this isn't a dig at mick, as it would appear that the impact on the team has been less positive given how sh1te we were last season.

If Skuse had played with Huws and Nolan (or equivalents) rather than Douglas etc., plus the likes of Downes rather than Hyam (and I liked Hyam, mind) a few years ago, we wouldn't have held on to him. He's showing, rather belatedly, how good he actually is. The Bristol City game last season springs to mind. We lost cos that was our trajectory, but we were the better passing team by far, and Skuse's running of that game from deep midfield seemed almost surreal.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:30 - Sep 20 with 3054 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

Under Mick, it's notable that complaints about Skuse only appeared when he was paired with someone similar like Hyam or too 'legs-gone' like Douglas and not when he was playing alongside the likes of Huws or Bishop. Again, not a dig at Mick, he had his hands tied with transfer budgets and injuries to the likes of Huws and Bishop.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:44]

Lambert on Skuse on 10:31 - Sep 20 with 3043 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:29 - Sep 20 by Dyland

If Skuse had played with Huws and Nolan (or equivalents) rather than Douglas etc., plus the likes of Downes rather than Hyam (and I liked Hyam, mind) a few years ago, we wouldn't have held on to him. He's showing, rather belatedly, how good he actually is. The Bristol City game last season springs to mind. We lost cos that was our trajectory, but we were the better passing team by far, and Skuse's running of that game from deep midfield seemed almost surreal.

Quite. To me the reliance of Douglas was baffling, I know the crowd ruffled Mick's feathers for his team selection regarding Douglas, but it was really clear to see he simply weighed the middle down.

Crybaby

Lambert on Skuse on 10:34 - Sep 20 with 3012 viewschicoazul

Lambert on Skuse on 10:21 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Agreed

Give me Bishop or give me death. The rest can go to hell. BISHOP.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:37 - Sep 20 with 2985 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 10:31 - Sep 20 by wkj

Quite. To me the reliance of Douglas was baffling, I know the crowd ruffled Mick's feathers for his team selection regarding Douglas, but it was really clear to see he simply weighed the middle down.

To a large extent with Douglas his hands were tied by injuries to Bishop and latterly, Huws.

Lambert on Skuse on 10:38 - Sep 20 with 2976 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:37 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

To a large extent with Douglas his hands were tied by injuries to Bishop and latterly, Huws.

Douglas probably intentionally caused their injuries in training.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:39]

Crybaby

Lambert on Skuse on 10:39 - Sep 20 with 2969 viewsSouperJim

Lambert on Skuse on 10:30 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Under Mick, it's notable that complaints about Skuse only appeared when he was paired with someone similar like Hyam or too 'legs-gone' like Douglas and not when he was playing alongside the likes of Huws or Bishop. Again, not a dig at Mick, he had his hands tied with transfer budgets and injuries to the likes of Huws and Bishop.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:44]

It's almost as though the vocal majority can't see beyond the end of their nose.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert on Skuse on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 2960 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 10:38 - Sep 20 by wkj

Douglas probably intentionally caused their injuries in training.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:39]

Lambert on Skuse on 10:41 - Sep 20 with 2957 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a gnat's hair between Skusa and Nolan in their stats. Both around 80% pass completion rate. Which is ok, but doesn't put them near the top of the league, not even close. Lambert means more than pure base stats of course, but he's a tad bias here (as you'd expect). Nothing wrong with that, it's his job.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 2946 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:40 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

The same look I imagine many will be giving on November 1st.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024