Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on Skuse 09:43 - Sep 20 with 7239 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

“Cole Skuse has been great. I don’t think there’s anyone in the league like him when it comes to passing the ball.”

My personal opinion, but I think Jon Nolan is a better passer than Skuse.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 2630 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 10:42 - Sep 20 by wkj

The same look I imagine many will be giving on November 1st.

When their new unicorn eats their blue passport?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:44 - Sep 20 with 2637 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell is a better passer.......

Skuse looking very good, as he did when Lambert was first appointed last year - he was rushed back from his injury and looked poor afterwards, glad that he is showing the early form.

He is being given more licence by Lambert to play, and maybe the lower quality teams in this league are really allowing him to stand out.

Like Chambers, he has played 40 games a season in the Championship for a decade, that doesn't happen by chance or by luck or just being a good bloke, they are massively experienced players who are better than this level.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:45 - Sep 20 with 2628 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:43 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

When their new unicorn eats their blue passport?

Oh no no no, Simply from too much corn syrup ingested from the previous night.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert on Skuse on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 2620 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 10:45 - Sep 20 by wkj

Oh no no no, Simply from too much corn syrup ingested from the previous night.

The feeling in their guts having eaten an entirely safe and disease-free chlorinated chicken?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lambert on Skuse on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 2615 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:46 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

The feeling in their guts having eaten an entirely safe and disease-free chlorinated chicken?

As long as it is a good brand of British chlorine, it will be ok.

Crybaby

Lambert on Skuse on 10:51 - Sep 20 with 2604 viewsDyland

Lambert on Skuse on 10:44 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

Andre Dozzell is a better passer.......

Skuse looking very good, as he did when Lambert was first appointed last year - he was rushed back from his injury and looked poor afterwards, glad that he is showing the early form.

He is being given more licence by Lambert to play, and maybe the lower quality teams in this league are really allowing him to stand out.

Like Chambers, he has played 40 games a season in the Championship for a decade, that doesn't happen by chance or by luck or just being a good bloke, they are massively experienced players who are better than this level.

The blue tinted specs dreamy scenario is Dozzers lying deep with Downes and Bishop buzzing around.

In theory, lovely. In reality never going to happen.

If we can build on the first half against MK and have all the midfielders fit we really should push on, and play some very pretty footie to boot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:52 - Sep 20 with 2595 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert on Skuse on 10:51 - Sep 20 by Dyland

The blue tinted specs dreamy scenario is Dozzers lying deep with Downes and Bishop buzzing around.

If we can build on the first half against MK and have all the midfielders fit we really should push on, and play some very pretty footie to boot.

I think a diamond suits the squad, because we really don't have great wide options and Skuse has the ability and nous to drop back in between the 2 CBs when the full backs push on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert on Skuse on 10:54 - Sep 20 with 2584 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 10:51 - Sep 20 by Dyland

I have to imagine Dozzell's mental state is being tested by the last few years at ITFC. Clearly a player with ability, but not considered rounded enough to be a focal part of a managers plans for 2 administrations.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on Skuse on 11:02 - Sep 20 with 2560 viewsDyland

Lambert on Skuse on 10:54 - Sep 20 by wkj

I have to imagine Dozzell's mental state is being tested by the last few years at ITFC. Clearly a player with ability, but not considered rounded enough to be a focal part of a managers plans for 2 administrations.

Seems silly on the surface not getting him into the team, cos he's Dozzers, and has the perfect pass in him. But look at our midfield options :)

Lambert on Skuse on 11:03 - Sep 20 with 2562 viewsBigManBlue

Lambert on Skuse on 10:54 - Sep 20 by wkj

He's very much been a victim of the fact that we just have a lot of players competing for his position, most of whom can offer more immediately. Probably the only thing that Hurst was ever right about was that a loan would/will be the best thing for him, in a side where he can play regularly in his preferred role.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Lambert on Skuse on 11:04 - Sep 20 with 2557 viewswkj

Lambert on Skuse on 11:03 - Sep 20 by BigManBlue

He's very much been a victim of the fact that we just have a lot of players competing for his position, most of whom can offer more immediately. Probably the only thing that Hurst was ever right about was that a loan would/will be the best thing for him, in a side where he can play regularly in his preferred role.

Aiye, the little pr1ck didn't get much right, but I think he probably got that one on the nose.

Crybaby

Lambert on Skuse on 11:06 - Sep 20 with 2553 viewsBigManBlue

Lambert on Skuse on 11:04 - Sep 20 by wkj

Aiye, the little pr1ck didn't get much right, but I think he probably got that one on the nose.

Do have to feel a bit for Dozzer, if he doesn't come in and look like Iniesta in ten minutes then he knows there are five other guys just waiting to take that spot - the pressure can't help when you're still developing and going to make mistakes/be inconsistent.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Lambert on Skuse on 11:08 - Sep 20 with 2550 viewsDyland

Lambert on Skuse on 10:52 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

I think a diamond suits the squad, because we really don't have great wide options and Skuse has the ability and nous to drop back in between the 2 CBs when the full backs push on

Agreed, though there are options wide if needed that are far from sh1te at this level.

It was a bit squeaky bum second half against MK but maybe it can be put down to tiring players and the subs changing the formation/tactics slightly. We were under the cosh possession wise though, and we can't continue to rely on opponents lacking quality up top to score one or two when they are dominating. Think we're riding our luck a little in that regard.

Lambert on Skuse on 11:21 - Sep 20 with 2534 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on Skuse on 10:41 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

There's a gnat's hair between Skusa and Nolan in their stats. Both around 80% pass completion rate. Which is ok, but doesn't put them near the top of the league, not even close. Lambert means more than pure base stats of course, but he's a tad bias here (as you'd expect). Nothing wrong with that, it's his job.

*biased

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on Skuse on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 2524 viewsPJH

Lambert on Skuse on 09:56 - Sep 20 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I see your point - that's a fair way of analysing it. For me, both Nolan and Skuse have to be first names on the team sheet though in a fully fit side. You could argue that the midfield 4 who started on Tuesday is the strongest when all fully fit. I'm sure Judge would have something to say about that though.

In my opinion Nolan would be 6th or 7th in line for a place in midfield in the very unlikely event that all were fit at the same time.
I would put Skuse, Downes, Huws, Bishop and Judge ahead of him.
A fully fit Lankester would also get very close to a place in the team somewhere.
I have never seen Dobra play but he is another one to be considered.

I would certainly not say that Nolan has to be one of the first names on the tram sheet-not even now when we have a less than fully fit squad.
Lambert on Skuse on 11:31 - Sep 20 with 2523 viewsbluelady

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

On what basis is Nolan better? He plays in a different area of the pitch so doesn't ever demonstrate the range of passing that Skuse does. I have been saying for years how good Skuse is but so many people were desperate to make him out to be terrible for other reasons, it must be hard for them to hear Lambert saying it

totally agree - my son and I always say as soon as Skuse misplaces a pass (which is very rare) that will give the Skuse haters a bit more ammunition! I really don't get it. His passing is great (and yes he does pass sideways at times, as that's either the best or only option!). He slows the game down when needed, and always puts in at least one of 'those tackles' each game - the ones where anyone else would get a yellow but he times the slide to perfection!

if you watch him off the ball, you will see how he has the ability to control the game both on and off the ball and reads the game so well. Downes needs to learn from him - especially temperament! together they work very well .
Lambert on Skuse on 11:39 - Sep 20 with 2515 viewsbritbiker

Lambert on Skuse on 10:04 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:24]

Won't go the whole racial thing that you wish to get your kicks from. Kenlock is clearly a better player than he is showing this year so far. Whether that is due to lack of confidence or the lack of someone further up the pitch staying in position and helping him. I would be surprised if the are any who think that because he is black. Last year it was Skuse, chambers and Knudson who were the fall guys.
Lambert on Skuse on 11:39 - Sep 20 with 2516 viewsbraveblue

Lambert on Skuse on 09:45 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

On what basis is Nolan better? He plays in a different area of the pitch so doesn't ever demonstrate the range of passing that Skuse does. I have been saying for years how good Skuse is but so many people were desperate to make him out to be terrible for other reasons, it must be hard for them to hear Lambert saying it

Maybe it’s just his opinion?

2 goals in 250 games not good enough from central midfield to be top notch.
Lambert on Skuse on 11:39 - Sep 20 with 2515 viewsChurchman

Lambert on Skuse on 10:31 - Sep 20 by wkj

Quite. To me the reliance of Douglas was baffling, I know the crowd ruffled Mick's feathers for his team selection regarding Douglas, but it was really clear to see he simply weighed the middle down.

Skuse is very important to us as a club man and is a big presence on the pitch. I am really pleased he has stayed with us. But I am still not a fan of his as a pure player at Championship level, as expressed in other threads. Just my opinion.

As for Douglas I have never booed or had a go at individual players, but him and Lee Chapman were the closest I’ve come to it. They annoyed the heck out of me topping up their pensions at the clubs (our) expense. I didn’t care if he was a ‘proper bloke’. He was just plain awful.
Lambert on Skuse on 11:48 - Sep 20 with 2500 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 11:39 - Sep 20 by braveblue

On this criteria, this would make Nolan a better player than Claude Makele....

Lambert on Skuse on 12:07 - Sep 20 with 2486 viewsSamWhiteUK

Lambert on Skuse on 11:39 - Sep 20 by braveblue

Not sure which part of being a good passer goals come in to.
Lambert on Skuse on 12:15 - Sep 20 with 2479 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on Skuse on 12:07 - Sep 20 by SamWhiteUK

Not sure which part of being a good passer goals come in to.

Best passer of the ball we've had at ITFC in the last 20 years was never one for goals...

Lambert on Skuse on 12:19 - Sep 20 with 2476 viewsBluefish

Lambert on Skuse on 12:15 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Best passer of the ball we've had at ITFC in the last 20 years was never one for goals...

Do you mean Owen Garvan or Jim Magilton?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on Skuse on 12:40 - Sep 20 with 2462 viewsStokieBlue

Lambert on Skuse on 10:04 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

Think about it though, Kenlock is an ideal scapegoat for a certain flavour of idiot being as he is, an honest trier who is not only young, but black as well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 10:24]

I'm not sure that's fair. You might be right for some people but many have the valid opinion that he's simply not good enough. There are many justifiable points one could make to back up that assertion.

He's also nearly 23 so not super-young anymore in a footballing sense.

Not all criticism is scapegoating.

SB
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 12:42]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lambert on Skuse on 12:56 - Sep 20 with 2440 viewsSuperblue95

Lambert on Skuse on 11:48 - Sep 20 by BlueBadger

On this criteria, this would make Nolan a better player than Claude Makele....

Well Makelele is unproven at this level...

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024