Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's been done before 10:16 - Sep 20 with 1823 viewsBarneycurley

But could be possibly do an all time 'reportedly almost signed for town XI'

I can defo get the ball rolling with the one and only Shaka in goal.

Left back?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I know it's been done before on 10:23 - Sep 20 with 1796 viewsSWGF

Think I'd go for Pat Jennings before Shaka

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I know it's been done before on 10:24 - Sep 20 with 1789 viewsBarneycurley

I know it's been done before on 10:23 - Sep 20 by SWGF

Think I'd go for Pat Jennings before Shaka

I never heard that! Circa?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I know it's been done before on 10:29 - Sep 20 with 1768 viewsSWGF

I know it's been done before on 10:24 - Sep 20 by Barneycurley

I never heard that! Circa?

1977. Before he signed for Arsenal.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

I know it's been done before on 10:30 - Sep 20 with 1765 viewsBarneycurley

I know it's been done before on 10:29 - Sep 20 by SWGF

1977. Before he signed for Arsenal.

He make it here for a medical? 🤔

I know it's been done before on 10:44 - Sep 20 with 1743 viewsSWGF

I know it's been done before on 10:30 - Sep 20 by Barneycurley

He make it here for a medical? 🤔

Deal was all done. Then Whymark got injured so we needed an outfield player rather than a goalie. Sure there's an online interview with him somewhere, confirming it.

I know it's been done before on 10:49 - Sep 20 with 1737 viewsSWGF

I know it's been done before on 10:44 - Sep 20 by SWGF

Deal was all done. Then Whymark got injured so we needed an outfield player rather than a goalie. Sure there's an online interview with him somewhere, confirming it.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news-archive-1/pat-at-60-there-and-back-again/

"IT'S BEEN well documented the circumstances of my leaving Spurs and going to Arsenal – it’s all there in my autobiography. Basically, my contract was up at Tottenham and Keith Burkenshaw had made his decision that Barry Daines was going to be the goalkeeper at Tottenham for the next 10 years. So I was on my way out and the funny thing was, I’d actually done a deal with Bobby Robson to go to Ipswich Town but Trevor Whymark broke his leg and Bobby had to buy an outfield player instead. A few clubs were in for me but moving to Arsenal meant no family upheaval."

I know it's been done before on 12:47 - Sep 20 with 1666 viewsBluePG

Kachloul from Southampton?

And a guy from Manchester City who was always getting sent off. Name escapes me! About 2002ish.

Poll: Best Dane?

I know it's been done before on 12:53 - Sep 20 with 1645 viewsIpswichKnight

Gullit and Gascoigne in the 80's.
Login to get fewer ads

I know it's been done before on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsbluefunk

Can we count Ian Crook, even though he actually did sign, before he didn’t,
I know it's been done before on 13:29 - Sep 20 with 1597 viewsbluesym

Keiron Westwood in goal surely?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

I know it's been done before on 13:39 - Sep 20 with 1586 viewsPJH

I know it's been done before on 10:49 - Sep 20 by SWGF

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news-archive-1/pat-at-60-there-and-back-again/

"IT'S BEEN well documented the circumstances of my leaving Spurs and going to Arsenal – it’s all there in my autobiography. Basically, my contract was up at Tottenham and Keith Burkenshaw had made his decision that Barry Daines was going to be the goalkeeper at Tottenham for the next 10 years. So I was on my way out and the funny thing was, I’d actually done a deal with Bobby Robson to go to Ipswich Town but Trevor Whymark broke his leg and Bobby had to buy an outfield player instead. A few clubs were in for me but moving to Arsenal meant no family upheaval."

Although I know Jennings nearly signed for us(I so wish that he had)I had never heard that.

Not sure how accurate it is though because I thought that it was 1977/78 pre-season that he nearly signed and Trevor Whymark only missed the first three games and we did not sign another outfield player.

Whymark did miss a huge chunk of 1977/78 but by then Jennings was at Arsenal anyway.

Whymark played nearly all of 1976/77 so whenever it was I do not think that it had anything to do with Whymark getting injured.
I know it's been done before on 13:42 - Sep 20 with 1580 viewsPJH

I know it's been done before on 12:53 - Sep 20 by IpswichKnight

Gullit and Gascoigne in the 80's.

As I remember it we looked at Gullit as a possible replacement for Frans Thijssen who was looking like rejecting a new contract, as it was Thijssen re-signed so we could not sign and did not need another "foreigner".
I know it's been done before on 18:07 - Sep 20 with 1486 viewsBluespeed225

I know it's been done before on 13:39 - Sep 20 by PJH

Although I know Jennings nearly signed for us(I so wish that he had)I had never heard that.

Not sure how accurate it is though because I thought that it was 1977/78 pre-season that he nearly signed and Trevor Whymark only missed the first three games and we did not sign another outfield player.

Whymark did miss a huge chunk of 1977/78 but by then Jennings was at Arsenal anyway.

Whymark played nearly all of 1976/77 so whenever it was I do not think that it had anything to do with Whymark getting injured.

Always thought he went to Arsenal just to pee off Spurs, after being there since 64' and being told he was leaving from an outside source then getting no word from within the club. he was here, almost pen to paper, the arsenal came in. As he says, didnt have to move house. a big deal in those days! Whymark was injured throughout 77-8, so Geddis stepped up, don't recall a signing?
I know it's been done before on 18:14 - Sep 20 with 1476 viewsAlexGreen

My favourite one would've been the double swoop for Eidur Gudjohnsen and Claus Jensen from Bolton. After their flouncing at our glorious play-off semi final victory that would've sent them over the edge!

Town's Bolton Swap Shock! 5th May 2001 18:45
Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has said Town offered a swap deal for Claus Jensen and Eidur Gudjohnsen last summer. Gartside refused to mention the identities of the Town players but said they have done well this season in the Premiership. 0

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

I know it's been done before on 18:18 - Sep 20 with 1469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can't believe no one has mentioned Batistuta yet.

Can I add Karic, Le Pen, Mark Fish and Adeyemi or did they actually sign?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I know it's been done before on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 1431 viewsPJH

I know it's been done before on 18:07 - Sep 20 by Bluespeed225

Always thought he went to Arsenal just to pee off Spurs, after being there since 64' and being told he was leaving from an outside source then getting no word from within the club. he was here, almost pen to paper, the arsenal came in. As he says, didnt have to move house. a big deal in those days! Whymark was injured throughout 77-8, so Geddis stepped up, don't recall a signing?

No there was not a signing and mostly David Geddis played when Trevor Whymark was out injured-Whymark made a total of 28 appearances in 1977/78.
Jennings signed for Arsenal in August 1977 so although he came close to signing for us I do not see how Pat Jennings' statement that the reason he did not join us was because of Trevor Whymark's injury can be correct, particularly as we did NOT sign someone else to cover for Whymark.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 20:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024