Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question re Thomas cook potential collapse 11:30 - Sep 20 with 725 viewsgiant_stow

If they're looking for £200m to survive, but it would cost the Civil Avation Authority £600m to repatriate 150,000 punters, why doesn't the CAA put the £200m in? bargain.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 11:37 - Sep 20 with 699 viewsJamestownPrince

They are hemorraging money, I know that the "package side" and the "flight only" side are seperate commdodities (well I think that is the case) - the way that the former is being run, will need serious restructure, in all honesty they need to charge more, and still be seen to be competitive, however with the way the £ sterling is at presentand other political impasses, their costs are likely to imcrease as it is.

If the CAA gave them this money, we would be looking at perhaps May/June this happening again, and I am wondering if there might be a "state aid" issue whilst we are in the EU.

Just my views and no research undertaken!
Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 11:48 - Sep 20 with 659 viewsPinewoodblue

The £200m is required to pay back banks who are unwilling to extend expiring loans. Not exactly investing is it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 12:48 - Sep 20 with 617 viewsBluefish

Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 11:37 - Sep 20 by JamestownPrince

They are hemorraging money, I know that the "package side" and the "flight only" side are seperate commdodities (well I think that is the case) - the way that the former is being run, will need serious restructure, in all honesty they need to charge more, and still be seen to be competitive, however with the way the £ sterling is at presentand other political impasses, their costs are likely to imcrease as it is.

If the CAA gave them this money, we would be looking at perhaps May/June this happening again, and I am wondering if there might be a "state aid" issue whilst we are in the EU.

Just my views and no research undertaken!

I have absolutely no idea how travel agents are still in business. What kind of lunatic uses a travel agent? I used one once in my life and have booked holidays at least once per year since 2001, it was the worst holiday of the lot.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 12:51]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 13:49 - Sep 20 with 541 viewsWeWereZombies

Question re Thomas cook potential collapse on 12:48 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

I have absolutely no idea how travel agents are still in business. What kind of lunatic uses a travel agent? I used one once in my life and have booked holidays at least once per year since 2001, it was the worst holiday of the lot.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 12:51]

Using a travel agent can be a good move if you get a good deal that includes sound advice. I've mentioned this before but the Thomas Cook shop in Edinburgh did us proud getting a flight only to Cuba a few years back, much better than going to Virgin directly in terms of both price and service. I've also had a remarkably cheap deal to Goa from a local travel agent's window and a really good family holiday in Rhodes, when I tried to replicate it in Mallorca the following year by doing my own deals it went so badly that we ended up in Magaluf.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024