Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcast reccomendations 13:56 - Sep 20 with 1778 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Happy Friday people

Looking for some new Podcasts to listen to. I have done some sport ones and am looking to branch out to more podcasts, sport and otherwise.
Genres that appeal to me are
Crime
Sport, mainly football
Politics
Comedy
However, I am open to any other miscellaneous podcasts that people have found entertaining.

Any help is much appreciated.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Podcast reccomendations on 14:41 - Sep 20 with 1708 viewsIllinoisblue

Desert Island Discs. Amazing archive to get through.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Podcast reccomendations on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 1699 viewsSpruceMoose

When you say politics do you mean just UK politics? If not, Crooked Media have some excellent, left leaning offerings. They're mainly US focused, but a couple do deal with world politics. https://crooked.com/

Reply All podcast is about humans and tech https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/episodes#show-tab-picker

Song Exploder has short episodes where musicians talk about how a particular song of theirs was written and recorded. http://songexploder.net/about

No Such Thing As A Fish - Podcast by the writers of QI https://audioboom.com/channel/nosuchthingasafish
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 14:58]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Podcast reccomendations on 14:50 - Sep 20 with 1696 viewschicoazul

Joe Rogan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Podcast reccomendations on 14:51 - Sep 20 with 1690 viewsskyblue23

Liquid football is decent if you don't listen already

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Podcast reccomendations on 14:54 - Sep 20 with 1683 viewsSpruceMoose

Podcast reccomendations on 14:50 - Sep 20 by chicoazul

Joe Rogan.

Tried this one as I had heard good things. I'm sure many folk enjoy it, but it wasn't for me really. Was a bit put off by the sheer length of some of the shows (three and a half to four hours) and as for the the guests he has on... I don't want people like Alex Jones to be given that platform to be honest.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Podcast reccomendations on 15:29 - Sep 20 with 1654 viewsAndrew4445

The football ramble - good football pod, the on the continent one (Thursday) is good

Remainiacs - Brexit related

Choose FI - very US but great if you want to branch into financial planning and FI (start at episode 100)

Intelligence squared - the early debates are very good

Ways to change the world - different people of influence being interviewed by CGM from C4 news

More or less - statistical analysis and testing of news stories

Out to lunch - Jay Rayner speaking to people, really nice listening

Unfiltered with James Obrien - some of the early ones are great - Akala is well worth a listen

Reasons to be Cheerful - bit lightweight at times but some interesting episodes
Podcast reccomendations on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 1651 viewsdavblue

Empire film podcast is decent if you are into Films.

The transfer Window is good also.
Podcast reccomendations on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 1650 viewsSwailsey

Podcast reccomendations on 14:54 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

Tried this one as I had heard good things. I'm sure many folk enjoy it, but it wasn't for me really. Was a bit put off by the sheer length of some of the shows (three and a half to four hours) and as for the the guests he has on... I don't want people like Alex Jones to be given that platform to be honest.

You may have some of these already but...

True Crime: Cold | Serial | SKS | S-Town | Man in the Window | Room 20

Sport: Quickly Kevin, Will He Score? | Football Daily | The Debate | Peter Crouch

Other: The Chernobyl Podcast | The Neuromantics | On Things We Left Behind

My personal favourites from the above are QKWHS? - A 90's football podcast with guests/reviews of teams from the 90s/documentaries etc. Really nostalgic and hilarious and Cold - IMO the best true crime podcast ever made. Really sad though.

I'd like some new ones too, so will be following this!
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 15:31]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Podcast reccomendations on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 1644 viewsSpruceMoose

Podcast reccomendations on 15:30 - Sep 20 by Swailsey

Sport: Quickly Kevin, Will He Score? | Football Daily | The Debate | Peter Crouch

My personal favourites from the above are QKWHS? - A 90's football podcast with guests/reviews of teams from the 90s/documentaries etc. Really nostalgic and hilarious and Cold - IMO the best true crime podcast ever made. Really sad though.

I'd forgotten about Quickly Kevin. It's great. A complete antidote for all the bantz talk around football by the likes of Bullard.

Hoping there is a new set of shows released soon.

Podcast reccomendations on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 1644 viewsAndrew4445

Podcast reccomendations on 15:29 - Sep 20 by Andrew4445

The football ramble - good football pod, the on the continent one (Thursday) is good

Choose FI - very US but great if you want to branch into financial planning and FI (start at episode 100)

Ways to change the world - different people of influence being interviewed by CGM from C4 news

Unfiltered with James Obrien - some of the early ones are great - Akala is well worth a listen

Frankie Boyle has one called Promethiad - well worth a listen.

Bike Radar - bike techy stuff - group sets etc.
Podcast reccomendations on 15:33 - Sep 20 with 1639 viewsSwailsey

Podcast reccomendations on 15:32 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

I'd forgotten about Quickly Kevin. It's great. A complete antidote for all the bantz talk around football by the likes of Bullard.

Hoping there is a new set of shows released soon.

Yeah, not sure what's happened there...they said a new series was coming I think but it's all gone quiet?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Podcast reccomendations on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewsSpruceMoose

Podcast reccomendations on 15:33 - Sep 20 by Swailsey

Yeah, not sure what's happened there...they said a new series was coming I think but it's all gone quiet?

JW seems pretty busy these days judging by his social media. Hopefully just been delayed.

Podcast reccomendations on 15:47 - Sep 20 with 1627 viewsFenoit

Podcast reccomendations on 15:34 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

JW seems pretty busy these days judging by his social media. Hopefully just been delayed.

From what I can tell, he is on tour. So will probably happen once that comes to an end
Podcast reccomendations on 16:19 - Sep 20 with 1607 viewstractordownsouth

Football - Not the Top 20, Blue Monday ( obviously)

Crime - RedHanded, UK True Crime Podcast

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Podcast reccomendations on 16:56 - Sep 20 with 1582 viewsBLUEBEAT

Crime: Serial & S-Town

Poll: W or W

Podcast reccomendations on 17:43 - Sep 20 with 1561 viewsBLUEGOLD

Podcast reccomendations on 16:56 - Sep 20 by BLUEBEAT

Crime: Serial & S-Town

The Bugle with Andy Zaltzmann and Richard Herrings Leicester Square Theatre Podcast are great comedy podcasts
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 0:59]
Podcast reccomendations on 18:09 - Sep 20 with 1546 viewsPlums

We have ways of making you talk - WWII history is superb. I’m completely hooked!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Podcast reccomendations on 18:19 - Sep 20 with 1535 viewsLevelTheLand

Casefile is brilliant. Have tried many other podcasts, but really struggle to get into anything else.
Podcast reccomendations on 18:21 - Sep 20 with 1532 viewsSpruceMoose

Podcast reccomendations on 18:19 - Sep 20 by LevelTheLand

Casefile is brilliant. Have tried many other podcasts, but really struggle to get into anything else.

Sometimes it is a struggle to find a podcast you can stick with. The thing I have noticed is that sometimes the material is great and really interesting, but the voice of the person presenting it is such a turn off that I have to give it up. Which is a shame really.

Podcast reccomendations on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1519 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Podcast reccomendations on 15:29 - Sep 20 by Andrew4445

Cheers mate

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Podcast reccomendations on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1521 viewsLevelTheLand

Podcast reccomendations on 18:21 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

Sometimes it is a struggle to find a podcast you can stick with. The thing I have noticed is that sometimes the material is great and really interesting, but the voice of the person presenting it is such a turn off that I have to give it up. Which is a shame really.

It’s mainly the American ones that I can’t hack. I tend to find a lot of the crime ones have far too much filler, and interviews with people who actually have nothing to add to the podcast. Someone mentioned Serial, which I think I listened to, but it went on for far too long. Casefile Just gives you the detail with no frills.
Podcast reccomendations on 18:42 - Sep 20 with 1512 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Podcast reccomendations on 14:48 - Sep 20 by SpruceMoose

When you say politics do you mean just UK politics? If not, Crooked Media have some excellent, left leaning offerings. They're mainly US focused, but a couple do deal with world politics. https://crooked.com/

Reply All podcast is about humans and tech https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/episodes#show-tab-picker

Song Exploder has short episodes where musicians talk about how a particular song of theirs was written and recorded. http://songexploder.net/about

No Such Thing As A Fish - Podcast by the writers of QI https://audioboom.com/channel/nosuchthingasafish
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 14:58]

Cheers mate, should have added music to my list tbh

Podcast reccomendations on 18:43 - Sep 20 with 1507 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Podcast reccomendations on 15:30 - Sep 20 by Swailsey

Will give them a listen then.

Cheers mate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024