Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) 00:41 - Sep 22 with 5321 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:12 - Sep 22 with 988 viewsDubtractor

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:02 - Sep 22 by Mullet

Yeah and that's sort of my point, having someone like Emyr Huws to pick out Nolan is unparalleled at this level and we've got 3 or 4 blokes who can do similar, yet we're not exactly Citeh in Div 3 terms either.

Dobra's way off getting in ahead of them too, which puts that game into a bit of context.

The only people saying "let it go" were his critics who err couldn't, over and over. This season will always be a low point for the club. It's just a question of how low.

I think that you're massively overstating the quality of our players tbh.

These are players that got relegated with barely a whimper last season. They are decent players a L1 level, but not head and shoulders above the rest.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:13 - Sep 22 with 986 viewsMullet

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:04 - Sep 22 by TractorCam

And now the people who are bringing him up are those who want to argue despite us being top of the league and having a manager who goes above and beyond to have a relationship with the fans.

So I say to you Mullet and whoever, LET IT GO.

But this is the league below, which is a bit of a problem. All managers who survive more than a year or two have that relationship, which inevitably goes sour by the time they go (unless they retire) that's all sort of irrelevant here.

Erasing Mick and Hurst when convenient sort of undermines how good Lambert is, which I guess is Fishers' point.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:17 - Sep 22 with 972 viewsMullet

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:12 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

These are players that got relegated with barely a whimper last season. They are decent players a L1 level, but not head and shoulders above the rest.

In fairness to Huws he was injured, but yeah they did and I still think Lambert taking us down with such a whimper raises question marks, but you'll invoke the wrath of a few here with talk like that Dubbers.

But we have decent Champ players in the making or in the past here. Skuse, Chambers and the likes of Downes can join him in that category. Nolan, even Jackson with this experience might be up there too next season if we go right up, Holy looks to be capable of doing what Bart did when he came from County. It's not that bad either.

Plus someone like Keane can really shine this year if he gets going.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 958 viewsHerbivore

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:12 - Sep 22 by Dubtractor

Can't agree with that at all. Our squad really is head and shoulders above most at this level in terms of quality and depth. Two years ago Nolan was one of if not the best midfielder in this league and he may not be in our first XI when everyone is available. Same goes with Edwards and Nsiala in their respective positions. The gap between the two leagues is huge and we have too much quality for this level, as is being shown by us being top without even really playing well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 10:01 - Sep 22 with 929 viewshaynes_toe1

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 09:22 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Can't agree with that at all. Our squad really is head and shoulders above most at this level in terms of quality and depth. Two years ago Nolan was one of if not the best midfielder in this league and he may not be in our first XI when everyone is available. Same goes with Edwards and Nsiala in their respective positions. The gap between the two leagues is huge and we have too much quality for this level, as is being shown by us being top without even really playing well.

I'd agree with that and whilst Fishers is trying to wind people up, the actual thesis of the post is pretty much correct.

Firstly, it's ok to talk about how we arent playing well but still be happy with our results and position in the table.

And I dont find it odd because its football fans in a nutshell but I cant help but feel if yesterdays game was away to Blackburn in the championship under Mick people would be singing about how his football is sh*t.

I also found it interesting that Lambert commented about how direct Gillingham played. I mean they did, but so have we for most of the season.
Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 13:42 - Sep 22 with 886 viewsBluefish

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 10:01 - Sep 22 by haynes_toe1

I'd agree with that and whilst Fishers is trying to wind people up, the actual thesis of the post is pretty much correct.

Firstly, it's ok to talk about how we arent playing well but still be happy with our results and position in the table.

And I dont find it odd because its football fans in a nutshell but I cant help but feel if yesterdays game was away to Blackburn in the championship under Mick people would be singing about how his football is sh*t.

I also found it interesting that Lambert commented about how direct Gillingham played. I mean they did, but so have we for most of the season.

If I had a pound for everytime that I've read Fishers is obviously just trolling but he is right I would probably be able to afford a week of Collin Quaner's wages

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 842 viewsblueislander

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 10:01 - Sep 22 by haynes_toe1

The amount of hoof we are playing is particularly disappointing given the creative talent we have in midfield. We have a real capacity for retaining possession as the goal yesterday shows.
Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 19:48 - Sep 22 with 798 viewshaynes_toe1

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 13:42 - Sep 22 by Bluefish

If I had a pound for everytime that I've read Fishers is obviously just trolling but he is right I would probably be able to afford a week of Collin Quaner's wages

Fair.
Login to get fewer ads

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 22:02 - Sep 22 with 770 viewsMrTown

Lazy post trying to somehow keep Mick Mac relevant...

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 07:53 - Sep 23 with 737 viewshaynes_toe1

Manager happy with 1-0 ? (n/t) on 16:10 - Sep 22 by blueislander

The amount of hoof we are playing is particularly disappointing given the creative talent we have in midfield. We have a real capacity for retaining possession as the goal yesterday shows.

It may just be because we're in this division and should we get promoted maybe it'll improve, but I have my doubts. I've seen teams in this league play better football than us, they've just not had the same quality as us personnel wise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024