Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan 11:39 - Sep 22 with 2696 viewsreusersfreekicks

All showed glimpses of really classy intelligent midfield/passing play yesterday. With the right defensive basis and Bishop back we could be a really really good footballing team. Exciting stuff.
Watching Judge closely you realise just how clever a player he is. While Huws just does everything in the middle of the park.
Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:03 - Sep 22 with 2621 viewsclive_baker

Agreed. Judge is such a good footballer, it’s mad that he’s playing at this level. Dozzell too, showed some incisive passes yesterday, the little ball around the corner in the build up to the goal was a lovely switch. Fair criticisms of him for not imposing himself more on games but I think that only comes with more match time, and a run of starts. The question is who you leave out though, as Skuse & Downes have been great, and I’m a big fan of Nolan too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:13 - Sep 22 with 2590 viewsSomethingBlue

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:03 - Sep 22 by clive_baker

Agreed. Judge is such a good footballer, it’s mad that he’s playing at this level. Dozzell too, showed some incisive passes yesterday, the little ball around the corner in the build up to the goal was a lovely switch. Fair criticisms of him for not imposing himself more on games but I think that only comes with more match time, and a run of starts. The question is who you leave out though, as Skuse & Downes have been great, and I’m a big fan of Nolan too.

I think the answer to that question is that you just rotate, which I get the feeling Lambert will do all season unless we get a rush of injuries. It makes sense in terms of keeping players broadly happy and ensuring everyone has that balance between playing enough minutes and staying fresh; it might be at the expense of consistent fluidity, style-wise, but we have so many players who can produce a key moment in this division that I'm not sure it is going to matter.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:16 - Sep 22 with 2574 viewsKieran_Knows

Simple.

Holy
KVY Wilson
Skuse Downes
Huws Nolan Dozzell
Judge
Keane Norwood

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 2550 viewsclive_baker

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:13 - Sep 22 by SomethingBlue

I think the answer to that question is that you just rotate, which I get the feeling Lambert will do all season unless we get a rush of injuries. It makes sense in terms of keeping players broadly happy and ensuring everyone has that balance between playing enough minutes and staying fresh; it might be at the expense of consistent fluidity, style-wise, but we have so many players who can produce a key moment in this division that I'm not sure it is going to matter.

Yeah I think that’s probably the answer. We’ve got an embarrassment of riches in the middle which is clearly a great problem to have, but not necessarily ideal for the likes of Dozzell who will want to play as much as possible. As the season progresses no doubt we’ll be hit with injuries and suspensions and being able to rotate at ease will be a real blessing. How nice is it to have Huws as an actual option again. Fantastic footballer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 2512 viewshorsehollerer

Agreed. Aside from a handful of essential players, this past week has shown that it doesn't really matter who we put in the starting line up as long as there is a bit of balance and a formation that suits the personnel. I love the idea that we are progressing as a squad, and not just a first XI. It just feels more like a proper longterm strategy. And like you say, rotation keeps everyone happy, rested, and match fit. And hopefully the injuries and suspensions that we'll inevitably pick up over the course of the season won't have such a devastating effect as in previous years.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 13:52 - Sep 22 with 2377 viewsBobbychase

Yep. And yet on Twitter I've seen "Judge offers us nothing" today.

People are also still moaning about the squad rotation as well, even though we're top and unbeaten.

Lambert changes the starting XI because:
A) It's a very long season with lots of games.
B) The opposition is different every week, therefore the system we will need to play might change.

The people who want him to stick to 4-4-2 and never change the side will be the first ones talking about some sort of issue with our training methods when key players start getting injured.

Let the other sides in the division pick up injuries and get exposed in the New Year when suspensions and recovery time start to bite, while we can sail blissfully on.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really think... on 14:44 - Sep 22 with 2298 viewsunstableblue

.. that if we can get Huws, Judge, Downes working well together as like the core of the team, we will improve our play and turn this from a good season into a great platform for next season.

I think that three need a runner, beyond just KVY, so a Rowe, Dobra, Edwards (who is not in-form), El Mizonuni.

Saturday is becoming a great chance for the team to shift up from second gear, and we need goals from the strikers. Perhaps this would work

-------------- Holy
KVY-----Chambo--The Wolf-----Garbutt
----------------Skuse
-----Judge------Downes----Huws
------Jackson-------Norwood

That lacks the runner but perhaps thats Jackson

Exciting team

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 17:16 - Sep 22 with 2157 viewsKeaneish

And to think a few seasons ago we were bemoaning years and years of no creativity in the middle of the park! We've now got too much even for the bench.

Best four of nine for the diamond? The nine being: Judge, Rowe, Dozzell, Nolan, Bishop, Huws, Skuse, Downes and Nydam.

I'll go for: Skuse, Downes, Nolan, Judge.
Tough leaving Huws and Bishop out!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 18:29 - Sep 22 with 2055 viewsmojo

With so many long term and continual injuries to certain players like Bishop perhaps a squad rotation is not a bad strategy at all for the long term benefit of theae players
Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 09:21 - Sep 23 with 1831 viewsericclacton

You are of course right, but what everyone has to bear in mind is the dodgy third division playing surfaces now that the bad weather cometh.
Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 09:48 - Sep 23 with 1807 viewschicoazul

I'm just sat here waiting for the inevitable season enders for the likes of KVY Norwood Downes or Skuse as you know one of them, or indeed several, are just around the corner.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 09:59 - Sep 23 with 1788 viewsSomethingBlue

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 09:48 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

I'm just sat here waiting for the inevitable season enders for the likes of KVY Norwood Downes or Skuse as you know one of them, or indeed several, are just around the corner.

Oh there'll probably be one or two of those. But that justifies the rotation even more I think.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 10:12 - Sep 23 with 1743 viewsPilgrimblue

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 17:16 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

And to think a few seasons ago we were bemoaning years and years of no creativity in the middle of the park! We've now got too much even for the bench.

Best four of nine for the diamond? The nine being: Judge, Rowe, Dozzell, Nolan, Bishop, Huws, Skuse, Downes and Nydam.

I'll go for: Skuse, Downes, Nolan, Judge.
Tough leaving Huws and Bishop out!

It is tough but form and result will dictate who and when.

For me Huws is looking the real deal. He's tall, imposing, uses the ball and very skilled so I can see him gradually replacing Skuse. At the moment it's 7 as Nydam and Bish are out of picture but then you've missed out Georgio and Dobra who I hope will be given plenty of time to play pact roles.

Happy Days!
Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 10:31 - Sep 23 with 1708 viewsBiGDonnie

Judge, Huws, Dozzel and Nolan on 12:16 - Sep 22 by Kieran_Knows

Simple.

Holy
KVY Wilson
Skuse Downes
Huws Nolan Dozzell
Judge
Keane Norwood

Attack is the best form of defence.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I really think... on 17:45 - Oct 6 with 1369 viewsPilgrimblue

I really think... on 14:44 - Sep 22 by unstableblue

.. that if we can get Huws, Judge, Downes working well together as like the core of the team, we will improve our play and turn this from a good season into a great platform for next season.

I think that three need a runner, beyond just KVY, so a Rowe, Dobra, Edwards (who is not in-form), El Mizonuni.

Saturday is becoming a great chance for the team to shift up from second gear, and we need goals from the strikers. Perhaps this would work

-------------- Holy
KVY-----Chambo--The Wolf-----Garbutt
----------------Skuse
-----Judge------Downes----Huws
------Jackson-------Norwood

That lacks the runner but perhaps thats Jackson

Exciting team

That's what is missing, golas. Yesterday there were two bad misses, one each from our strikers, Jackson's penalty and another one on one from our goal machine!!
If these tow can't deliver then the midfield have to step up because one goal won't be enough every week.
Compared with other teams our striking is poor (except Garbutt) so time to take more chances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024