Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas cook 21:22 - Sep 22 with 1331 viewsMJallday

We've got a holiday package booked in october via a third party, but the flights are thomas cook ones... so we're watching the news very closely at the moment

Anyone else here affected?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Thomas cook on 22:36 - Sep 22 with 1233 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Having just looked at half term flight costs to Turkey I would say only indirectly....that plan is now scuppered!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thomas cook on 23:02 - Sep 22 with 1208 viewsPinewoodblue

Friends flew out to Turkey today with Thomas Cook, sky now saying TC will have filed for insolvency before breakfast time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thomas cook on 03:04 - Sep 23 with 1139 viewsIllinoisblue

and the news is not good:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thomas cook on 07:57 - Sep 23 with 982 viewsChurchman

Thomas cook on 03:04 - Sep 23 by Illinoisblue

and the news is not good:

Sad to see such an old company and famous name go to the wall. My thoughts are particularly with those poor people who are now unemployed. Apparently the banks demanded an additional £200m for contingency funding after a rescue package had been agreed.

For such a tiny sum of money, could not the government have guaranteed it? There’s clearly plenty of it given the £billions being hosed up the wall on Brexit. Wouldn’t fit with Tory ideology, I suppose.

I wonder who has benefitted in letting this company die?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 8:01]
Thomas cook on 08:09 - Sep 23 with 948 viewsMJallday

Thomas cook on 07:57 - Sep 23 by Churchman

Sad to see such an old company and famous name go to the wall. My thoughts are particularly with those poor people who are now unemployed. Apparently the banks demanded an additional £200m for contingency funding after a rescue package had been agreed.

For such a tiny sum of money, could not the government have guaranteed it? There’s clearly plenty of it given the £billions being hosed up the wall on Brexit. Wouldn’t fit with Tory ideology, I suppose.

I wonder who has benefitted in letting this company die?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 8:01]

It’s worrying that it’s even been allowed to get to this stage. How can a company be allowed to have 1.6 BILLION of debt?

For us, the worst that will happen is I’ll loose a couple of thousand . Best case is that I’ll get an alt flight or money back. I’ll get wifey onto it this
Morning - however I do feel for the 22k of jobless people this morning

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024