Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gretta Thunberg speech.... 19:47 - Sep 23 with 4905 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2019/sep/23/greta-thunberg-to-worl

....while I agree with pretty much every word I think she needs to take some time out before she burns out....personally when I saw this I was more concerned about her mental welfare than what she was saying. The Society of the Spectacle needs to give her a break.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 17:53]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Great Thunberg speech.... on 19:50 - Sep 23 with 3396 viewswkj

Certainly getting a lot of challenging abuse thrown her way now that can make it much harder on the old noggin.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Great Thunberg speech.... on 20:07 - Sep 23 with 3369 viewsstig4532

On point with her message, but it's China, India and the USA that produce the most Co2. China won't change, though..
Great Thunberg speech.... on 20:28 - Sep 23 with 3340 viewsNthQldITFC

I know what you mean, but also I suspect she would in a sense be more than willing to push herself to the breaking point and beyond in her (our) cause.

For me she's a truly inspirational leader, particularly but not exclusively of the young, and the world needs her, so I hope she looks after herself too.

And the 'Society of the Spectacle' could do with just sticking to polite applause and then serious discussion, and cut out the whoops and yee-hahs. Its not really a whooping matter.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Great Thunberg speech.... on 21:37 - Sep 23 with 3263 viewscrunchie1978

She looks like a grey!
Great Thunberg speech.... on 22:43 - Sep 23 with 3221 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree, she could easily burn out.

I don't really get the cult of Greta. It's good that she has a positive message, but the hysteria is a bit odd.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:22 - Sep 23 with 3165 viewsxrayspecs

Support what she has to say.

As a parent, I do though worry that allowing such a young girl this sustained and high profile platform will do her more harm than good in the long run. The climate change folk have a duty of care to look after her and not exploit her young years to support their agenda.
Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:25 - Sep 23 with 3155 viewsclive_baker

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really fear for her.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:25 - Sep 23 with 3161 viewsEly_Blue

I’d love to know how the little eco warrior is making her way around the globe? Bicycle and yacht/rowing boat? Hmmm damn hypocrite if you ask me, demanding that all of these goats take action yet what is she doing other than getting on her soapbox

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:26 - Sep 23 with 3148 viewswkj

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:25 - Sep 23 by Ely_Blue

I’d love to know how the little eco warrior is making her way around the globe? Bicycle and yacht/rowing boat? Hmmm damn hypocrite if you ask me, demanding that all of these goats take action yet what is she doing other than getting on her soapbox

She is sailing on a yacht, yes
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 23:30]

Crybaby

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:35 - Sep 23 with 3115 viewsFixed_It

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:26 - Sep 23 by wkj

She is sailing on a yacht, yes
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 23:30]

She should be recycling and sailing in a soapbox!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:37 - Sep 23 with 3109 viewswkj

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:35 - Sep 23 by Fixed_It

She should be recycling and sailing in a soapbox!

She should be in school carving out a career, but instead is fighting for a cause instead of idling tweeting about it and pressing the dislike button on Facebook, but there we go.

Crybaby

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:54 - Sep 23 with 3096 viewsWacko

Always think she looks a little bit like Stephen Merchant.

Great words though

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 00:20 - Sep 24 with 3083 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great Thunberg speech.... on 22:43 - Sep 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, she could easily burn out.

I don't really get the cult of Greta. It's good that she has a positive message, but the hysteria is a bit odd.

Shows how many people want someone to lead them, I think. There's a lot of cult-like situations around at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 02:01 - Sep 24 with 3042 viewsjeera

Great Thunberg speech.... on 20:07 - Sep 23 by stig4532

On point with her message, but it's China, India and the USA that produce the most Co2. China won't change, though..

We are their customers and as consumers have a responsibility.

Everything starts somewhere and if it takes a little girl and some other kids to embarrass people into changing a few habits then so be it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 07:27 - Sep 24 with 2940 viewsFtnfwest

Great Thunberg speech.... on 23:25 - Sep 23 by Ely_Blue

Yes but by travelling by yacht it made them cancel the flight she would would have otherwise taken....oh wait
Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:00 - Sep 24 with 2898 viewsfooters

Great Thunberg speech.... on 07:27 - Sep 24 by Ftnfwest

Yes but by travelling by yacht it made them cancel the flight she would would have otherwise taken....oh wait

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:18 - Sep 24 with 2872 viewsGlasgowBlue

She seems to have a lot of mental strength and she’s obviously dedicated to her cause, but I can’t help but think that she’s being robbed of her youth by those who have a duty of care to her and she is starting to look very fragile. I can’t help but think this will have a very sad ending.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:24 - Sep 24 with 2857 viewsMugwump

Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:18 - Sep 24 by GlasgowBlue

She seems to have a lot of mental strength and she’s obviously dedicated to her cause, but I can’t help but think that she’s being robbed of her youth by those who have a duty of care to her and she is starting to look very fragile. I can’t help but think this will have a very sad ending.

I was thinking the very same thing. No kid can cope with the publicity and pressure she is getting and I can’t help but think her parents have actively steered the whole thing.

I don’t see her making old bones.
Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:25 - Sep 24 with 2853 viewsElephantintheRoom

Great Thunberg speech.... on 20:07 - Sep 23 by stig4532

Hmm China is a fast expanding economy that we and the rest of the world have outsourced our production to. It stands to reason then that their CO2 emissions will go up whilst ours go down. However to say they have done nothing is somewhat erroneous. They scrap any car over 8 years old for example. This has made a huge difference to air quality in city centres. A bit better than a few waitrose shoppers buying overpriced, impractical eco cars they can't plug in anywhere to use electricity we can ill afford at present.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:43 - Sep 24 with 2828 viewsmeekreech

Great Thunberg speech.... on 08:25 - Sep 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmm China is a fast expanding economy that we and the rest of the world have outsourced our production to. It stands to reason then that their CO2 emissions will go up whilst ours go down. However to say they have done nothing is somewhat erroneous. They scrap any car over 8 years old for example. This has made a huge difference to air quality in city centres. A bit better than a few waitrose shoppers buying overpriced, impractical eco cars they can't plug in anywhere to use electricity we can ill afford at present.

They may be scrapping old cars but are building many more coal fired power stations! This will be a good move to help reduce carbon emissions!

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:18 - Sep 24 with 2779 viewsSwansea_Blue

To those saying she's being manipulated by her parents, don't you think that a 15 year old (as she was when she started this) is capable of having their own views on what's important to them? She's 16 now.

Anyone who's had kids knows how determined they can be growing up. It disregards her intelligence, drive and passion to assume that she wasn't capable of getting to this point on her own.

I think that viewpoint also ignores the reported fact it was Gtreta who was the driver for change in their family, not the other way round.

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:22 - Sep 24 with 2769 viewsfooters

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:18 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

To those saying she's being manipulated by her parents, don't you think that a 15 year old (as she was when she started this) is capable of having their own views on what's important to them? She's 16 now.

Anyone who's had kids knows how determined they can be growing up. It disregards her intelligence, drive and passion to assume that she wasn't capable of getting to this point on her own.

I think that viewpoint also ignores the reported fact it was Gtreta who was the driver for change in their family, not the other way round.

It's just another attempt at delegitimising her, by saying she's somehow been coerced. She's practically an adult, a very intelligent one at that, not a trained seal. "Poor little girl, she doesn't know what she's saying."

Sure Greta would find their concerns about her misplaced given the severity of her actual message.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 2746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:22 - Sep 24 by footers

It's just another attempt at delegitimising her, by saying she's somehow been coerced. She's practically an adult, a very intelligent one at that, not a trained seal. "Poor little girl, she doesn't know what she's saying."

Sure Greta would find their concerns about her misplaced given the severity of her actual message.

"Mentally ill little girl" as one right wing commentator in the States referred to her yesterday. Trumpie's been openly mocking her too.

It's pretty sick the length people will go to to protect their world view, especially when it's as fecked up as theirs.

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 2747 viewsBlueBadger

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:18 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

Anyone who's ever tried telling their teenager what do to will tell you what a fruitless exercise THAT is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Great Thunberg speech.... on 09:39 - Sep 24 with 2724 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Fairy tales of eternal economic growth....."

Glad someone has been paying attention.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024