Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving 16:21 - Sep 25 with 6742 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Him and Mason Bennett both being charged. Derby fans seem to have turned on him in recent weeks, think this might be the end for him at Derby,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/25/derby-countysmason-bennett-tom-l

If that was an Ipswich player, I would want them gone.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 16:24]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 16:24 - Sep 25 with 6702 viewsSWGF

"Lawrence has 20 caps for the Wales national team and was signed by Derby from Leicester for an initial fee of around £4 million in August 2017. He missed last weekend's 1-1 draw with Leeds through suspension."

Already received five yellow cards for gobbing-off and diving?

Impressive.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 16:25 - Sep 25 with 6681 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 16:24 - Sep 25 by SWGF

"Lawrence has 20 caps for the Wales national team and was signed by Derby from Leicester for an initial fee of around £4 million in August 2017. He missed last weekend's 1-1 draw with Leeds through suspension."

Already received five yellow cards for gobbing-off and diving?

Impressive.

Was it him who gave it the 'shush' to the North Stand for some reason??

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 16:41 - Sep 25 with 6596 viewsFreddies_Ears

So they were both over the limit and crashed to each other... that's pretty good going, even for footballers. Idiots.
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:34 - Sep 25 with 6397 viewsRadlett_blue

Even if either was a player worth £4m+?
People make mistakes, especially young men. Let the courts punish them.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 19:43]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:36 - Sep 25 with 6385 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:34 - Sep 25 by Radlett_blue

Not sure how driving drunk is a mistake. It's arrogance. There's little scummier in my eyes than getting behind the wheel over the limit, especially when these two incredibly rich morons can just pay someone to drive them around.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:47 - Sep 25 with 6331 viewsfactual_blue

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:36 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

Not sure how driving drunk is a mistake. It's arrogance. There's little scummier in my eyes than getting behind the wheel over the limit, especially when these two incredibly rich morons can just pay someone to drive them around.

Their Very Expensive Motor Cars should be crushed. And they should be made to press the button starting the crushing machine.

And the minute they take possession of another motor car, it should be crushed too.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:17 - Sep 25 with 6241 viewsPlums

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:34 - Sep 25 with 6153 viewswkj

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:17 - Sep 25 by Plums

By the looks of it they are both very lucky stupid lucky boys

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:57 - Sep 25 with 6071 viewsGirthyguy

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:47 - Sep 25 by factual_blue

Their Very Expensive Motor Cars should be crushed. And they should be made to press the button starting the crushing machine.

And the minute they take possession of another motor car, it should be crushed too.

With them in the car?
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 11:44 - Sep 26 with 5420 viewsSamWhiteUK

Apparently Keogh was in the back of Lawrence's car, and has gone to hospital with a broken wrist.

I just don't even know where to begin....
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 11:54 - Sep 26 with 5386 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 11:44 - Sep 26 by SamWhiteUK

Apparently Keogh was in the back of Lawrence's car, and has gone to hospital with a broken wrist.

There are multiple stories a year of children and innocent people who get killed by other peoples drink driving.

The fact that anyone thinks its a good idea is staggering. Hope Derby sack them and they don't get a club again.

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 5335 viewsSuperblue95

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 11:54 - Sep 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

There are multiple stories a year of children and innocent people who get killed by other peoples drink driving.

The fact that anyone thinks its a good idea is staggering. Hope Derby sack them and they don't get a club again.

Derby won’t sack them and even if they did they’d get a club easily. Norris’ mate killed a couple of kids and he still played football after his release so clubs won’t care about a couple of numpties who hit eachother

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:18 - Sep 26 with 5068 viewsEireannach_gorm

Its his knee and he's out for the season.
They refused to take transport provided by the club.
Level of idiocy here has reached a new height.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-6
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:25 - Sep 26 with 5039 viewsChurchman

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:18 - Sep 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Its his knee and he's out for the season.
They refused to take transport provided by the club.
Level of idiocy here has reached a new height.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-6

They could have quite easily innocent people. Ive no sympathy. I cannot believe they were offered transport and refused it. It would be great if Derby terminated their contracts and threw them out. In many walks of life that would happen, but we all know that in football it doesn’t work that way. That’s £££ for you.

I wonder what their team mates think about it?
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:40 - Sep 26 with 4991 viewsbefxblue

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:25 - Sep 26 by Churchman

They could have quite easily innocent people. Ive no sympathy. I cannot believe they were offered transport and refused it. It would be great if Derby terminated their contracts and threw them out. In many walks of life that would happen, but we all know that in football it doesn’t work that way. That’s £££ for you.

I wonder what their team mates think about it?

From the wording of Derbys statement ot seems they will be kept on and slightly publicly embarrased, you could guarantee if it was a club struggling financially they would terminate their contracts as soon as the judgement was passed or guilt admitted in court.
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:24 - Sep 26 with 4897 viewsWickets

I read he has a bad knee injury and is out for the season .
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 21:24 - Sep 26 with 4646 viewssparks

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:36 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

Quite.

Too many people justify their bad behaviour as a "mistake" these days.

A mistake is where you get something wrong unintentionally. Most "mistakes" in common parlance, are choices that they would probably have made again, but for getting caught.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 21:25]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 08:03 - Sep 27 with 4213 viewsChurchman

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 21:24 - Sep 26 by sparks

Quite.

Too many people justify their bad behaviour as a "mistake" these days.

A mistake is where you get something wrong unintentionally. Most "mistakes" in common parlance, are choices that they would probably have made again, but for getting caught.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 21:25]

Agreed. They will be wheeled out looking suitably penitent telling whoever bothers to listen that they made a mistake, it was the first and only time and are sorry. Young blokes, enthusiasm, all have to learn sometime blah blah blah.

They need not bother because as you rightly say it wasn’t a mistake and actually, I doubt they are sorry at all. Apart from wrecking somebody’s knee, for which the thickos might give a moments thought, it’s all a big laugh. The wrecked cars are a month or twos pay to them. I suspect clambering in the motor after a night on the lash was a regular occurrence for them.

6 months in jail and a lifetime driving ban would be about right.
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 08:10 - Sep 27 with 4194 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 08:03 - Sep 27 by Churchman

Agreed. They will be wheeled out looking suitably penitent telling whoever bothers to listen that they made a mistake, it was the first and only time and are sorry. Young blokes, enthusiasm, all have to learn sometime blah blah blah.

They need not bother because as you rightly say it wasn’t a mistake and actually, I doubt they are sorry at all. Apart from wrecking somebody’s knee, for which the thickos might give a moments thought, it’s all a big laugh. The wrecked cars are a month or twos pay to them. I suspect clambering in the motor after a night on the lash was a regular occurrence for them.

6 months in jail and a lifetime driving ban would be about right.

We don't know them, and we don't know how regularly they did this.

I have a very little amount of sympathy for them, but people make terrible decisions when drunk especially in a crowd of their peers.

THis will surely give them the wae up call required, before somebody is potentially killed and should make them re-assess their lifes - the fact that it is so serious (with the great benefit of no innocent bystanders affected) is a good thing for all concerned.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 08:12 - Sep 27 with 4189 viewsMeadowlark

"Tom Lawrence hits the post again..."
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 09:15 - Sep 27 with 4084 viewsSamWhiteUK

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 18:24 - Sep 26 by Wickets

I read he has a bad knee injury and is out for the season .

Yeah, I think the original report was a wrist, but it is his knee. What a pillock

I have read that there was another involved as well, ex-Norwich, but that might be libellous
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 4009 viewsChurchman

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 08:10 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

We don't know them, and we don't know how regularly they did this.

I have a very little amount of sympathy for them, but people make terrible decisions when drunk especially in a crowd of their peers.

THis will surely give them the wae up call required, before somebody is potentially killed and should make them re-assess their lifes - the fact that it is so serious (with the great benefit of no innocent bystanders affected) is a good thing for all concerned.

No, we don’t know them which is why I used the word ‘suspect’. I would agree regarding mistakes with you if he was 18/19. We all have to learn. But Lawrence is 25 years old. Bit old for a ‘wake up call’ isn’t it? I hope Mr Lawrence doesn’t need as many wake up calls as Mr Chopra...who never woke up
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 3870 viewsmaccyd9

Scummy pr!cks. Deserve everything they get and more.

An interesting debate is whether the punishment is altered for the value of the player. I've no doubt 3 youth players would be gone.

These 3 have value so will no doubt be kept on. Which to my mind, epitomises much that is wrong with modern football.

These aren't kids, these are grown men, one being sick in a toilet before deciding to drive having refused laid on cars by the club.

Scum.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 11:47]
Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 12:14 - Sep 27 with 3818 viewsSuperblue95

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 09:56 - Sep 27 by Churchman

No, we don’t know them which is why I used the word ‘suspect’. I would agree regarding mistakes with you if he was 18/19. We all have to learn. But Lawrence is 25 years old. Bit old for a ‘wake up call’ isn’t it? I hope Mr Lawrence doesn’t need as many wake up calls as Mr Chopra...who never woke up

Chopra died?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 12:30 - Sep 27 with 3791 viewsActionMan

Tom Lawrence-Drink Driving on 17:34 - Sep 25 by Radlett_blue

Does not excuse his recent actions but people forget that Tom Lawrence kept us in the Championship for an additional 2 seasons because without him we'd have dropped in 2017 - we were just 4 pts from it. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

Also it's clear that footballers are a special breed of people, everything from Michael Owens recent book, to Roy Keane threatening to beat up a player who he agreed to let leave, to Peter Beardsely making ape jokes to young African players. ... Jamie Carragher spitting on a fan... I mean ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024