Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action 09:00 - Sep 26 with 6950 viewsWickets

I think most have agreed that these lads have been great for the atmosphere at the club lets hope that Saturday the support can be every bit as good as it has been at the last few games . Not sure if they have anything planned ?
Blue Action on 09:03 - Sep 26 with 5794 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does this forum do political chat any more?

(Agreed, always nice when people stay awake and make a bit of noise at football).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue Action on 09:12 - Sep 26 with 5746 viewsReuser_is_God

Not sure that they have anything planned for Saturday, I’ve not seen anything on their social media.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action on 09:18 - Sep 26 with 5739 viewsSWGF

Anyone know whether they plan to "recycle" previous banners etc, or whether they're (presumably very expensive, labour-intensive) one-offs? e.g. We haven't seen the Smiths banner this season, have we? Could they become a permanent fixture?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Blue Action on 09:21 - Sep 26 with 5731 viewsBlue_Order

To be honest, the atmosphere hasn’t been great recently, even in S6.

The section is full every game, but we seem to have ended up with 5/6 rows at the front that don’t sing. I dunno if they moved their ST’s over just to ‘be part of it’ or what, but it’s most frustrating.

No plans for Saturday, except trying to get that lot to actually make some noise.
Blue Action on 09:35 - Sep 26 with 5694 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action on 09:21 - Sep 26 by Blue_Order

To be honest, the atmosphere hasn’t been great recently, even in S6.

The section is full every game, but we seem to have ended up with 5/6 rows at the front that don’t sing. I dunno if they moved their ST’s over just to ‘be part of it’ or what, but it’s most frustrating.

No plans for Saturday, except trying to get that lot to actually make some noise.

I do agree. It is ok when we score but there are many quiet parts.

You guys are doing a great job, but I have one question.

Is the Drum really necessary? From a fan who doesn't sit in the North, many a time there is a song getting started from section 1 moving in to around 4, but it doesn't go the full way because that drum is just banging away the same beats. I've never been a drum fan, some of the best atmospheres in English football don't need them, Leeds, Villa, Brum etc.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Blue Action on 09:49 - Sep 26 with 5630 viewsnoggin

Blue Action on 09:35 - Sep 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Is the Drum really necessary? From a fan who doesn't sit in the North, many a time there is a song getting started from section 1 moving in to around 4, but it doesn't go the full way because that drum is just banging away the same beats. I've never been a drum fan, some of the best atmospheres in English football don't need them, Leeds, Villa, Brum etc.

You forgot Norwich and Portsmouth.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action on 09:50 - Sep 26 with 5634 viewsArnieM

Can’t say I’ve heard “ Every Saturday We Follow” for a while... what’s happened to that . We have to sing songs that everybody knows.

At Gillingham sat there were 4 individuals “ led” by one that “sang”( loose term here) constantly for 90mins. More like moronic , toneless , repetitive chants, which no else appears to know the words of and drove mr and friends near insane! It physically wore me out trying to avoid listening to it . Due to the lack of roof , none of the other 2,500 ( lucky for them), Town fans could actually hear them , just us poor sods in the two rows round them.

The other thing I notice is those that instigate the singing , sung the songs FAR too quickly. In A large crowd there will be a time lag, so won’t be able to keep up if it’s sung too quickly, then the thing just fizzles out.

COYBs 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Blue Action on 11:52 - Sep 26 with 5491 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hate drums at football.

Hate the band that follows England around.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action on 11:54 - Sep 26 with 5481 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action on 11:52 - Sep 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hate drums at football.

Imagine being a Wednesday fan. They have them at home as well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Blue Action on 12:16 - Sep 26 with 5423 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Action on 09:50 - Sep 26 by ArnieM

Can’t say I’ve heard “ Every Saturday We Follow” for a while... what’s happened to that . We have to sing songs that everybody knows.

At Gillingham sat there were 4 individuals “ led” by one that “sang”( loose term here) constantly for 90mins. More like moronic , toneless , repetitive chants, which no else appears to know the words of and drove mr and friends near insane! It physically wore me out trying to avoid listening to it . Due to the lack of roof , none of the other 2,500 ( lucky for them), Town fans could actually hear them , just us poor sods in the two rows round them.

The other thing I notice is those that instigate the singing , sung the songs FAR too quickly. In A large crowd there will be a time lag, so won’t be able to keep up if it’s sung too quickly, then the thing just fizzles out.

COYBs 👍

It has died the death it so richly deserves. Awful sh1te.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blue Action on 12:56 - Sep 26 with 5331 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action on 12:16 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

Our new main song should be the 'ally ally ally oooo', our replacement bus was singing that for the full 20/25 minute journey on Saturday, great fun!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 5236 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action on 12:56 - Sep 26 by TractorCam

Our new main song should be the 'ally ally ally oooo', our replacement bus was singing that for the full 20/25 minute journey on Saturday, great fun!

God I find that chant horrible.

Our Main chant should be EEJB, but it just never gets going.

Blue Action on 13:41 - Sep 26 with 5216 viewsTractorCam

Blue Action on 13:35 - Sep 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

That was awesome on the bus, carried through to the train as well!

And yes definitely, sadly that only makes the odd appearance.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action on 13:50 - Sep 26 with 5192 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Blue Action on 13:41 - Sep 26 by TractorCam

That was awesome on the bus, carried through to the train as well!

And yes definitely, sadly that only makes the odd appearance.

I think we peaked at 14/15 for chants

Hamilton Hall before a London game, can't remember which one.

Spirit in the Sky
Hey Daryl Murphy
Year 2000 and the month was May

Blue Action on 14:01 - Sep 26 with 5162 viewsBryanPlug

Blue Action on 11:52 - Sep 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hate drums at football.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Blue Action on 14:12 - Sep 26 with 5141 viewskizaitfc

Blue Action on 12:16 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

Part of the problem is the fans that sit and analyse every song before deciding if it is worthy of signing.

Just make some noise and get behind the team FFS!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Blue Action on 15:48 - Sep 26 with 5053 viewsSlambo

I didn't care too much about the drum when we first started, but now it's there, it makes you wonder how we got on without one. So good for keeping time and stopping people singing too fast..

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action on 15:52 - Sep 26 with 5039 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 13:35 - Sep 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

We'll sing EEBJ every game as standard, and it's great because it's totally unique to Ipswich, but it's not a song you can keep singing over and over. We need to pad songs like that out with, simpler, more monotonous ones to keep the atmosphere going when the game hits a bit of a lull..

UPPA TOWEN!

Blue Action on 16:28 - Sep 26 with 4984 viewsBluespeed225

Blue Action on 15:52 - Sep 26 by Slambo

We'll sing EEBJ every game as standard, and it's great because it's totally unique to Ipswich, but it's not a song you can keep singing over and over. We need to pad songs like that out with, simpler, more monotonous ones to keep the atmosphere going when the game hits a bit of a lull..

yup. late 90's, 'Georgie Burleys Blue n white army' had a tempo that the team 'seemed' to play too. Sung for 15 minutes or more the whole place got into the groove. i'm sure 'Paul Lamberts' would go well, and, its 'Blue n white' NOT 'Barmy'!
Blue Action on 16:34 - Sep 26 with 4967 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 09:50 - Sep 26 by ArnieM

COYBs 👍

This sounds suspiciously like me you're referring to so allow me to retort.

The atmosphere at the Gillingham game was among the worst away game atmospheres i've ever experienced, so i'll make no apologies for actually trying to generate some. That great wall of noise that gets the hairs up on the back of your neck starts with just a few people, remember. Trying to get anything going on Saturday was like trying to light a match underwater...

As for songs no-one knew, we sang two 'originals': the lyrics of one has been on our Twitter page for months now, and we have sung it at the last couple of home games; the other is a pretty simple number that could have easily been picked up if just a token effort had been made. The rest were standard Ipswich songs…

As for the quality of my singing voice, you've obviously been treated to some beautiful, sonorous chanting on the various terraces of England. I can only apologise for not meeting your exacting standards...

I agree fully with the pace of the songs, though. Really, really frustrating. We wanted to take a drum in to help keep it steady, but didn’t for some reason…

To conclude, there was nothing stopping you joining in mate, or even starting some songs yourself. You wouldn't have had to listen to me all game if you and some others had shared the burden...

UPPA TOWEN!

Blue Action on 16:39 - Sep 26 with 4951 viewswkj

Blue Action on 16:34 - Sep 26 by Slambo

This sounds suspiciously like me you're referring to so allow me to retort.

The atmosphere at the Gillingham game was among the worst away game atmospheres i've ever experienced, so i'll make no apologies for actually trying to generate some. That great wall of noise that gets the hairs up on the back of your neck starts with just a few people, remember. Trying to get anything going on Saturday was like trying to light a match underwater...

As for songs no-one knew, we sang two 'originals': the lyrics of one has been on our Twitter page for months now, and we have sung it at the last couple of home games; the other is a pretty simple number that could have easily been picked up if just a token effort had been made. The rest were standard Ipswich songs…

As for the quality of my singing voice, you've obviously been treated to some beautiful, sonorous chanting on the various terraces of England. I can only apologise for not meeting your exacting standards...

I agree fully with the pace of the songs, though. Really, really frustrating. We wanted to take a drum in to help keep it steady, but didn’t for some reason…

To conclude, there was nothing stopping you joining in mate, or even starting some songs yourself. You wouldn't have had to listen to me all game if you and some others had shared the burden...

I appreciate the work you do to make play fun. I did find the comment you reacted to a little conflicting with itself. On one hand commenting on the lack of atmosphere, and on the other critical of those who are trying to remedy the first issue.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Blue Action on 16:46 - Sep 26 with 4920 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action on 16:28 - Sep 26 by Bluespeed225

yup. late 90's, 'Georgie Burleys Blue n white army' had a tempo that the team 'seemed' to play too. Sung for 15 minutes or more the whole place got into the groove. i'm sure 'Paul Lamberts' would go well, and, its 'Blue n white' NOT 'Barmy'!

This x 100

Barmy Army is ridiculous, should always be blue & white.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action on 16:58 - Sep 26 with 4868 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 16:39 - Sep 26 by wkj

I appreciate the work you do to make play fun. I did find the comment you reacted to a little conflicting with itself. On one hand commenting on the lack of atmosphere, and on the other critical of those who are trying to remedy the first issue.

Sorry mate, i'm not following you. I was indeed critical of the lack of atmosphere, but it was the poster who was critical of MY efforts to generate it. My closing comment there was actually a plea to others to share the burden of starting/joining in songs so it's not incumbent on us all the time...

UPPA TOWEN!

Blue Action on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 4861 viewswkj

Blue Action on 16:58 - Sep 26 by Slambo

Sorry mate, i'm not following you. I was indeed critical of the lack of atmosphere, but it was the poster who was critical of MY efforts to generate it. My closing comment there was actually a plea to others to share the burden of starting/joining in songs so it's not incumbent on us all the time...

I was not critical of you, I was backing up your need to reply as I read Arnie's post as one criticising the lack of atmosphere, yet questioning the efforts of those trying to start one all in the same post.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Blue Action on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 4848 viewsSlambo

Blue Action on 17:01 - Sep 26 by wkj

I was not critical of you, I was backing up your need to reply as I read Arnie's post as one criticising the lack of atmosphere, yet questioning the efforts of those trying to start one all in the same post.

Ooooooh, sorry mate, just read it back. See what you mean...

UPPA TOWEN!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024