Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Occasional reminder 10:50 - Sep 26 with 987 viewschicoazul

That adversarial politics are a good thing, the HoP is intended to be a raucous chamber with emotions running high where political causes effects & events are supposed to be debated and argued over, and that anyone talking about "kinder gentler politics" or "common sense" in a political context really means "you are wrong and I am right and my will should be imposed on yours".
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 10:52]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Occasional reminder on 11:06 - Sep 26 with 945 viewsOldsmoker

Pedant alert!!
That would be the HoC not the HoP.
The HoP includes the Lords and the behaviour seen last night would never ever happen in the House of Lords.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Occasional reminder on 11:09 - Sep 26 with 937 viewsJ2BLUE

The reaction of the house yesterday when Corbyn was speaking was a disgrace. Could barely hear him. The speaker should have regained control.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Occasional reminder on 11:12 - Sep 26 with 918 viewsDarth_Koont

Balls

Pronouns: He/Him

Occasional reminder on 11:12 - Sep 26 with 927 viewschicoazul

Occasional reminder on 11:06 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

Pedant alert!!
That would be the HoC not the HoP.
The HoP includes the Lords and the behaviour seen last night would never ever happen in the House of Lords.

You're right of course!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Occasional reminder on 11:13 - Sep 26 with 924 viewschicoazul

Occasional reminder on 11:09 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

The reaction of the house yesterday when Corbyn was speaking was a disgrace. Could barely hear him. The speaker should have regained control.

Yes he should.

Occasional reminder on 11:18 - Sep 26 with 909 viewssparks

Adversarial is fine. Rabble rousing agressive rhetoric alongside contempt for law and process is deeply sinister.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Occasional reminder on 11:23 - Sep 26 with 897 viewsOldsmoker

Occasional reminder on 11:18 - Sep 26 by sparks

Adversarial is fine. Rabble rousing agressive rhetoric alongside contempt for law and process is deeply sinister.

I have yet to hear "Your Mum".
It'll happen.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Occasional reminder on 11:36 - Sep 26 with 872 viewschicoazul

Occasional reminder on 11:18 - Sep 26 by sparks

I agree with your latter point about contempt but I do not agree anything yesterday in the HoC was rabble rousing aggressive rhetoric, although I suppose I may be giving some of my fellow countrymen too much credit in that regard.

Login to get fewer ads

Occasional reminder on 11:37 - Sep 26 with 868 viewsBloomBlue

Occasional reminder on 11:09 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

Give the guy a break, the speaker handed his notice in a few weeks ago, nobody does any work in their notice period.
Occasional reminder on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 847 viewslowhouseblue

while what you say is true, it is incredibly depressing that the language, hyperbole, and hysteria on BOTH / EVERY side/s takes us further from reaching the compromise we need if we are ever to get past this farce.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Occasional reminder on 13:12 - Sep 26 with 793 viewshampstead_blue

No-one has waved that big club thing around for a while.

Imagine if Boris did a Hessa! The right would wet themselves...........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024