Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? 19:45 - Sep 26 with 1258 viewsRyorry

Can't find anything online. Is it the miniscule oval opening next to the screw along the bottom edge, or do you just put a drop or two at the bottom of each hasp; or down the combination wheel openings? (or a combination of those things, ho ho ...).

Am thinking a shot of WD40 to clear out any damp, followed by a drop or two of 3 in 1. Lock is used outdoors, and with all the rain, the wheels have become v. hard to turn. Looking for future jam prevention as well as cure!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 19:59 - Sep 26 with 1237 viewsEdwardStone

Don't know the oiling point, but WD 40 is a good shout, dries and lubricates

You can also get a spray can of silicone lubricant for locks....like WD40 but better

I reckon just slather it all over with that or WD, mop up residuals and it shouldl be good as new
Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 20:02 - Sep 26 with 1235 viewspimballwizard

Alternatively a couple of PP3s should do.
Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 20:06 - Sep 26 with 1218 viewsRyorry

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 19:59 - Sep 26 by EdwardStone

Don't know the oiling point, but WD 40 is a good shout, dries and lubricates

You can also get a spray can of silicone lubricant for locks....like WD40 but better

I reckon just slather it all over with that or WD, mop up residuals and it shouldl be good as new

Yeah, think that's probably right, cheers.

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 20:07 - Sep 26 with 1215 viewsRyorry

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 20:02 - Sep 26 by pimballwizard

Brilliant, just brilliant!

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 21:02 - Sep 26 with 1160 viewsPJH

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 20:02 - Sep 26 by pimballwizard

Stanley Unwin also contributes to one side of Small Faces "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" LP.

This information will not help Ryorry either.
Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 21:37 - Sep 26 with 1140 viewsRyorry

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 21:02 - Sep 26 by PJH

Stanley Unwin also contributes to one side of Small Faces "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" LP.

This information will not help Ryorry either.

Fascinated her & made her larf tho - more than most men achieve

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 21:48 - Sep 26 with 1133 viewsjeera

I would do exactly as you said and drop some oil into any crevice it will run into.

But 'usually' there's a small drainage hole underneath, next to the keyhole, that doubles up as suitable for oiling, which sounds like the one you describe.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 995 viewsRyorry

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 21:48 - Sep 26 by jeera

I would do exactly as you said and drop some oil into any crevice it will run into.

But 'usually' there's a small drainage hole underneath, next to the keyhole, that doubles up as suitable for oiling, which sounds like the one you describe.

No keyhole Jeera, it's a combination only lock. But I think the mechanism's knackered actually, as despite WD & oiling, the spinners are still jamming when locked, yet spin freely when the locking screw is released. Not that old, daily use for only 6 months. Expensive!

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:30 - Sep 27 with 982 viewsjeera

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:23 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

No keyhole Jeera, it's a combination only lock. But I think the mechanism's knackered actually, as despite WD & oiling, the spinners are still jamming when locked, yet spin freely when the locking screw is released. Not that old, daily use for only 6 months. Expensive!

Yes sorry, you said combination.

But yes the thing is faulty by the sound of it [?].

If it's a supposedly half-decent one I'd consider returning it if it's only that old.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:32 - Sep 27 with 978 viewsEdwardStone

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:23 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Might be worth a visit or a phone call to a good locksmith; they should be able to dismantle and service an Abus lock
Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:37 - Sep 27 with 975 viewsRyorry

Anyone know where the oiling point is for an Abus combination lock pls? on 12:32 - Sep 27 by EdwardStone

Might be worth a visit or a phone call to a good locksmith; they should be able to dismantle and service an Abus lock

Good point, will give em a bell, thanks (to Jeera also).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024