Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson and Cummings 09:42 - Sep 27 with 14621 viewsHerbivore

They seem troublingly comfortable with the idea that stoking public anger is justifiable and, indeed, with using the public's anger to try to intimidate MPs into supporting Brexit at any cost. These are dark times. Meanwhile, having behaved unlawfully once, they are openly plotting to ignore another act of Parliament so as not to ask for an extension from the EU. Have any of you sleepwalkers woken up yet?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson and Cummings on 09:45 - Sep 27 with 3574 viewsStokieBlue

Did you see the video with Cummings on Newsnight last night?

A MP was telling him he got death threats after the language used in the house and he simply said "get brexit done then" whilst leaning against the wall.

A total waste of carbon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson and Cummings on 09:45 - Sep 27 with 3575 viewswkj

I used to think the world was becoming an act now, apologise later society. It seems the act now part is accurate, the apologise bit seems to be optional now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Johnson and Cummings on 09:45 - Sep 27 with 3579 viewsBluefish

Without wishing to labelled whatabouterry this is is utter hypocrisy from you. I don't need to link the plethora of material on McDonnell, he was called out from the start but it has been ignored over and over. Both main parties are scumbags, the country needs to wake up and get behind Swinson

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Johnson and Cummings on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 3570 viewsSteve_M

It's a combination of implicit threats and gaslighting. Had the ERG voted for May's deal - the sort of thing that used to be called hard Brexit - we would have left the EU by now. The BBC amplifying those threats without any critical analysis as the lead story on their website is pisspoor journalism.

What Johnson and Cummings don't seem to realise is how what they are stirring up is likely to be violent and out of control and not something they can just pack away when they want to.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Johnson and Cummings on 09:48 - Sep 27 with 3561 viewsHerbivore

Johnson and Cummings on 09:45 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Without wishing to labelled whatabouterry this is is utter hypocrisy from you. I don't need to link the plethora of material on McDonnell, he was called out from the start but it has been ignored over and over. Both main parties are scumbags, the country needs to wake up and get behind Swinson

Yeah, you're engaging in whataboutery. Stick to trolling people about Mick, mate.

Johnson and Cummings on 09:50 - Sep 27 with 3547 viewsHerbivore

Johnson and Cummings on 09:46 - Sep 27 by Steve_M

It's a combination of implicit threats and gaslighting. Had the ERG voted for May's deal - the sort of thing that used to be called hard Brexit - we would have left the EU by now. The BBC amplifying those threats without any critical analysis as the lead story on their website is pisspoor journalism.

What Johnson and Cummings don't seem to realise is how what they are stirring up is likely to be violent and out of control and not something they can just pack away when they want to.

I also don't think they realise the depth of anger that they are stoking in their own direction. It's not just Brexiteers who are pissed off and they are utterly deluded if they think that leaving will press the reset button and things will go back to some sort of normality. The divisions they are perpetuating won't just go away.

Johnson and Cummings on 09:52 - Sep 27 with 3536 viewsBluefish

Johnson and Cummings on 09:48 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Yeah, you're engaging in whataboutery. Stick to trolling people about Mick, mate.

It is the easy way out of blatant hypocrisy for you I suppose. No doubt you will be in shock when labour poll 3rd or 4th in a GE
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 9:53]

Johnson and Cummings on 09:53 - Sep 27 with 3526 viewswkj

I have to agree that the BBC has really been poor in their EU withdrawal analyses. Stepping away from newsnight a wee bit, I strongly believe that Laura Kuenssberg is the type that would be a tabloid political editor at best had she not got a job with an establishment that is supposed to convey impartiality. The quality of journalism has suffered greatly with the BBC since they started to try and emulate Buzzfeed for their 'bbc three' demographic, it seems they are trying to emulate other media outlets too in their EU withdrawal coverage too.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson and Cummings on 09:54 - Sep 27 with 3512 viewsSomethingBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 09:45 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

And this is exactly why Brexit is going to happen, well done.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Johnson and Cummings on 09:54 - Sep 27 with 3513 viewsitfcjoe

I noted that the Facebook ads from Farage and his cronies (the likes ABB has posted about) are now just being targetted to the believers.

They aren't even trying to convert any more, they are just trying to get the rabid angrier and angrier

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson and Cummings on 09:55 - Sep 27 with 3500 viewsBluefish

Johnson and Cummings on 09:54 - Sep 27 by SomethingBlue

And this is exactly why Brexit is going to happen, well done.

Hahhahahahhahaha

you are benters and i claim my £5

Johnson and Cummings on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 3500 viewsSomethingBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 09:54 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

I noted that the Facebook ads from Farage and his cronies (the likes ABB has posted about) are now just being targetted to the believers.

They aren't even trying to convert any more, they are just trying to get the rabid angrier and angrier

And I wonder how well that will do for them. It is reasonable to expect the current horror to firm up their sizeable base. But the country is pretty much split 50/50 and are waverers going to be convinced by all this, really?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Johnson and Cummings on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 3493 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 09:53 - Sep 27 by wkj

I have to agree that the BBC has really been poor in their EU withdrawal analyses. Stepping away from newsnight a wee bit, I strongly believe that Laura Kuenssberg is the type that would be a tabloid political editor at best had she not got a job with an establishment that is supposed to convey impartiality. The quality of journalism has suffered greatly with the BBC since they started to try and emulate Buzzfeed for their 'bbc three' demographic, it seems they are trying to emulate other media outlets too in their EU withdrawal coverage too.

The problem is that the subject is just too complicated for detailed analysis on TV at the level that is required to make an informed decision. There is then the further point that the vast majority of the population aren't economists or lawyers so a detailed analysis wouldn't be understood by many anyway. That's not their fault by the way, just the reality of the situation.

Given the above we are reduced to simplified soundbites which convey the overall message without conveying the minutiae. This leads to division, tribalism and ultimately where we are now.

Thus we can only conclude that the decision was too complicated to be made in the way it was and thus we have come full circle.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson and Cummings on 09:57 - Sep 27 with 3485 viewsfactual_blue

This is an interesting read on cummings' strategy - and how poor it is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-dominic-cummings-game-theory-boris-j

Although it's by an expert, so clearly drivel. Particularly as it's an expert with a foreign-sounding name.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson and Cummings on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 3479 viewsGlasgowBlue

I completely agree. A shame you were so quiet John McDonnell came out with his “Lynch the bastard” comments about Esther McVey or when Corbyn sat on credible death threats to Luciana Berger, informing neither her or the police.

There have been threads on both. Not a peep from you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson and Cummings on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 3475 viewsHerbivore

Johnson and Cummings on 09:52 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

It is the easy way out of blatant hypocrisy for you I suppose. No doubt you will be in shock when labour poll 3rd or 4th in a GE
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 9:53]

As I said, stick to trolling about Mick. You're out of your depth in these kinds of threads, mate.

Johnson and Cummings on 10:00 - Sep 27 with 3465 viewsBluefish

Johnson and Cummings on 09:58 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

As I said, stick to trolling about Mick. You're out of your depth in these kinds of threads, mate.

Your playground response suggests that you are. Silly hypocrite

Johnson and Cummings on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 3457 viewsBluefish

Johnson and Cummings on 09:58 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree. A shame you were so quiet John McDonnell came out with his “Lynch the bastard” comments about Esther McVey or when Corbyn sat on credible death threats to Luciana Berger, informing neither her or the police.

He won't discuss his obvious blatant hypocrisy, he will go for childish playground insults instead.

Johnson and Cummings on 10:02 - Sep 27 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson and Cummings on 09:56 - Sep 27 by SomethingBlue

And I wonder how well that will do for them. It is reasonable to expect the current horror to firm up their sizeable base. But the country is pretty much split 50/50 and are waverers going to be convinced by all this, really?

I think the opposite to what they hope - they must be pushing people away whilst appealing to this lowest common denominator.

I think there is this view that Cummings is really smart, and people fear what he is doing as think there must be a masterplan behind it. A bit like Lynton Crosby who is supposed to be an expert at winning elections but doesn't seem to win elections.

Smart people don't need to try and keep proving that they are the smartest person in the room - their ego gets in the way when they do that and it feels that is what is happening with Cummings.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson and Cummings on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 3438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 10:01 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

He won't discuss his obvious blatant hypocrisy, he will go for childish playground insults instead.

His words would carry far more weight if he hadn’t spent the last three years defending the indefensible from his side.

I can count in one hand the number of posters who have been consistent in condemning hate when it has come from both the left and the right. They are the only people whose opinions are worth anything on the subject. Steve M, Bluebadger, Lowhouse are three who immediately spring to mind.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 10:06]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson and Cummings on 10:09 - Sep 27 with 3423 viewsBrixtonBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 09:58 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

What has this got to do with "stoking public anger" as per Herbi's OP? I don't remember McDonnell or Corbyn stoking public anger.

Whatabouterry and hypocrisy on so many levels from you that you need a lift to travel up and down them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Johnson and Cummings on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 3415 viewsBrixtonBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 10:01 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

You'd know all about childish insults after Phil removed your offensive post last night.

About time you were banned (again).
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 10:11]

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Johnson and Cummings on 10:11 - Sep 27 with 3410 viewsHerbivore

Johnson and Cummings on 10:09 - Sep 27 by BrixtonBlue

What has this got to do with "stoking public anger" as per Herbi's OP? I don't remember McDonnell or Corbyn stoking public anger.

Whatabouterry and hypocrisy on so many levels from you that you need a lift to travel up and down them.

Just ignore them. They want to distract from the thread because it is uncomfortable for them and they would much rather make this about Labour. Don't give them the oxygen to do so. A cursory down arrow for attempting to derail the thread and then move on.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 10:12]

Johnson and Cummings on 10:12 - Sep 27 with 3386 viewsBrixtonBlue

Johnson and Cummings on 10:05 - Sep 27 by GlasgowBlue

His words would carry far more weight if he hadn’t spent the last three years defending the indefensible from his side.

I can count in one hand the number of posters who have been consistent in condemning hate when it has come from both the left and the right. They are the only people whose opinions are worth anything on the subject. Steve M, Bluebadger, Lowhouse are three who immediately spring to mind.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 10:06]

haha, what utter rot. Lowhouse has done nothing but attack Corbyn for 3 years.

Johnson and Cummings on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 3376 viewsBluefish

Johnson and Cummings on 10:09 - Sep 27 by BrixtonBlue

It was a couple of years ago mate so quite a while before you showed an interest in politics

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024