Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault 23:00 - Sep 27 with 1190 viewsWickwar_Blue

First trip to Portman Road tomorrow in 5 years. I’m driving from Gloucestershire to Suffolk first thing in the morning and surprising my 72 year old Dad (who is in not great health) whilst he’s tucking into his regular Saturday cafe breakfast with two tickets to the game.

My Dad was a regular in the Ramsey and Robson years... I can hear his voice now “Back in 1973 I paid two bob and half a florin to watch us beat Real Madrid.... how much did you pay for these tickets?” (£30 - I’ve gone for good ones)

Top of the League.... unbeaten.... against lowly opposition who I saw play in their Play-Off Semi against Forest Green and who weren’t great other than their main goal threat... a certain Mr Norwood.....

It’s all set up to go tits up under Sod’s Law.

Sorry all.
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 23:04 - Sep 27 with 1173 viewsArnieM

Turn back now. You know it makes complete sense !!!!

Edit : of course I AM joking ...., I hope your dad loves every minute of your surprise visit 👍, and a Town win ( hopefully) will be the icing on the cake firbyou .
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 23:08]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 23:19 - Sep 27 with 1135 viewsWickwar_Blue

Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 23:04 - Sep 27 by ArnieM

Turn back now. You know it makes complete sense !!!!

Edit : of course I AM joking ...., I hope your dad loves every minute of your surprise visit 👍, and a Town win ( hopefully) will be the icing on the cake firbyou .
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 23:08]

Ha! Don’t worry Arnie.

Even if we lose 5-0 it won’t top my Dad’s epic moan when we lost to Stockport in the League Cup in 1995. It started in the Churchmans, carried on throughout the walk back to the car on Hadleigh Road, rolled on throughout the drive back to Sudbury and lasted most of the week.

I think Alun Armstrong scored for Stockport... never imagined he’d score for us against Inter Milan about 6 years later!
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 08:07 - Sep 28 with 976 viewsBloomBlue

Don't forget to park at Gatwick
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 12:43 - Sep 28 with 846 viewsgloucester_tractor

Well done that's a good drive up
Enjoy will be doing the trip later in the yr to watch a couple of games
Make sure it's a winning return

Son of GUS

Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 13:10 - Sep 28 with 816 viewsMeadowlark

Two bob was a florin? So two bob and half a florin was three bob.

My first match at Portman Road cost me two bob to get in.(1968) The programme was a shilling so I'd usually pay with a couple of tanners.
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 13:19 - Sep 28 with 799 viewsOldsmoker

Living in Bristol, I know where you live.
It's OK if we lose I won't blame you.
It's probably me anyway as I'm not wearing my lucky boxers.
They're in the laundry basket and NSFW.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 21:22 - Sep 28 with 679 viewsBloomBlue

Did you stay in the cafe with your Dad and listen to it on the radio? 😀

Hope he enjoyed it
Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 21:26 - Sep 28 with 665 viewsblueislander

Apologies but we will lose tomorrow and it’s all my fault on 13:10 - Sep 28 by Meadowlark

Two bob was a florin? So two bob and half a florin was three bob.

My first match at Portman Road cost me two bob to get in.(1968) The programme was a shilling so I'd usually pay with a couple of tanners.

In the 50s it was 6d for under 14s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024