Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song 09:49 - Sep 28 with 1995 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Listening to Forest signing You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling last night after Stoke had banged out Delilah. Love it.

Always been envious we’ve not had a song in that respect. Then I heard (what could be more apt) Those Were The Days and thought Blue Action could easily get something going with that ala Allez Allez Allez

Cracking tune for the terraces, Ipswich themed and even pays tribute tho this site!

Something like this

Once upon a time we had Sir Bobby
And soon we all began to dream a dream
That we would be the finest team in England
He built a team as good as you have seen

Those were the days my friend
We thought they’d never end
We’d beat the best that Europe threw our way
The famous Ipswich Town
You’ll never keep us down
Our time will come, we will be back one day

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:26 - Sep 28 with 1820 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s actually decent. Still think there’s a place for Edward Ebeneezer though. Would need a little work as it’s not totally terrace friendly the way it scans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:27 - Sep 28 with 1812 viewsTractorCam

We have a song, Edward Ebenizer.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:29 - Sep 28 with 1815 viewsDennyx4

Those were the days used to be a terrace song in the 70's / 80's.

we took the Stretford end
we took the Kop, we took the Molineux.

Something like that
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 1779 viewsnoggin

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:29 - Sep 28 by Dennyx4

Something like that

None of which we actually did.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 1768 viewsHerbivore

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:41 - Sep 28 by noggin

None of which we actually did.

I'm hoping we've never filled in an actual budgie as well, especially one that already looks a bit of a state.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:47 - Sep 28 with 1758 viewsPJH

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:29 - Sep 28 by Dennyx4

Something like that

It was also the tune for

You're going down again....
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:47 - Sep 28 with 1759 viewsfactual_blue

Something like that

I've watched Ipswich from the Kop, the Molineux (South Bank) and Old Trafford (Stretford Paddock). Does that count as 'taking' then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:49 - Sep 28 with 1756 viewsmonty_radio

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:27 - Sep 28 by TractorCam

We have a song, Edward Ebenizer.

Came from the club, not the fans. And, back in its day, was never actually sung.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 13:21 - Sep 28 with 1690 viewsKropotkin123

All the longest standing tunes don't actually mention the club and its achievements. Eg

Blue Moon, I'm forever blowing bubbles, etc

The best ones tap into a feeling or a local focal point. Eg You'll never walk alone, Sunshine on Leith, etc.

They last because they don't tap into something so specific.

Ed Sheeran is a Town fan, and even if you don't like his music, he is actually a decent singer songwriter who is proud of the area. Someone should approach him to do a two verse song that could get adopted on our terraces and ours alone.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 13:23]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 14:10 - Sep 28 with 1601 viewsKropotkin123

O, to the tune of que sera, sera...

When we were just a hoofball team
I asked our owner, what is this sh!te
Can we play football
Down on the ground
Here's what he said to me

Paul Lambert, Lambert
Champions we'll be, we'll be
The future is plain to see
Paul Lambert, Lambert

Paul Lambert, Lambert
Paul Lambert, Lambert

Paul Lambert, Lambert
Paul Lambert, Lambert

Paul Lambert, Lambert
Paul Lambert, Lambert

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 17:47 - Sep 28 with 1478 viewsglasso

Have we ever done anything with Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues?

Nice, slow song. Everybody knows the tune and it'd scan with 'and that's why we follow the blues'
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 18:21 - Sep 28 with 1385 viewsMillsey

Have I the right by the Honeycombes could do with a few words changed!!
Plenty of clapping in it?
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 18:46 - Sep 28 with 1341 viewslazyblue

Castle on the hill- at least Suffolk based.
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 1292 viewsBlue_Armee

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 13:21 - Sep 28 by Kropotkin123

All the longest standing tunes don't actually mention the club and its achievements. Eg

Blue Moon, I'm forever blowing bubbles, etc

The best ones tap into a feeling or a local focal point. Eg You'll never walk alone, Sunshine on Leith, etc.

They last because they don't tap into something so specific.

Ed Sheeran is a Town fan, and even if you don't like his music, he is actually a decent singer songwriter who is proud of the area. Someone should approach him to do a two verse song that could get adopted on our terraces and ours alone.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 13:23]

I am showing my age but when Barry Mcguigan used to enter the boxing ring the Irish fans used to sing ‘ oh Danny Boy’ used to make the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Could we not work a ‘Tractor Boy ‘ version of that?

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:11 - Sep 28 with 1144 viewsbluebudgie

Story of the Blues,,,,Mighty Wah
Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:15 - Sep 28 with 1131 viewstextbackup

mate, I love it, but consider this....... we couldn't even all sing the correct thing at the keeper today! half were - "ur sht ahhhhhhh" half were "dodgy keeper ahhhhhh"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When it should have been...... on 22:27 - Sep 28 with 1101 viewsBloots

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:15 - Sep 28 by textbackup

mate, I love it, but consider this....... we couldn't even all sing the correct thing at the keeper today! half were - "ur sht ahhhhhhh" half were "dodgy keeper ahhhhhh"

…."Sh1t hair, ahhhhhhh"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:41 - Sep 28 with 1077 views3_5_2

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 12:26 - Sep 28 by Illinoisblue

That’s actually decent. Still think there’s a place for Edward Ebeneezer though. Would need a little work as it’s not totally terrace friendly the way it scans.

please no I hate that song!!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:43 - Sep 28 with 1076 viewsArnieM

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:15 - Sep 28 by textbackup

I think thats because “ Section6” are stuck at one end of the stand.... to be effective they really needed to be in “ Section 5”...in the middle of the stand.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 01:33 - Sep 29 with 979 viewstown8710

Blue Action - I’m often envious that other clubs have a song on 22:43 - Sep 28 by ArnieM

I think thats because “ Section6” are stuck at one end of the stand.... to be effective they really needed to be in “ Section 5”...in the middle of the stand.

They need to be closer to the away fans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024